[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: back to back afternoons, Heat 1pm
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/7/2021  4:13 PM
Missed game. Why did RJ only play 19?
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2021  4:20 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Missed game. Why did RJ only play 19?

Miami's pressure D really took him and IQ out of the game.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/7/2021  4:21 PM

So Thibs could stick it to those that complained he’d break RJ by playing him 38+mins per game before the season started

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/7/2021  4:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Miami's pressure D really took him and IQ out of the game.

True? Explains why IQ also had a low scoring game. Thanks

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/7/2021  4:31 PM
I find it so hypocritical of Thibs to take young players out the moment they make a mistake, but guys like Payton can suck it up and their minutes just increase.

I’m souring up on Thibs.

Knicks_Fan
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/7/2021  4:32 PM
Knicksfan wrote:I find it so hypocritical of Thibs to take young players out the moment they make a mistake, but guys like Payton can suck it up and their minutes just increase.

I’m souring up on Thibs.

Just wait for Rose 😂. How many times a guard will blow by him on defense
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2021  4:41 PM

RJ had an off game and legs just weren’t in it.

He also had 2 really big obvious flubs that normally get guys yanked immediately but RJ survived those but not the bad shooting. Also Burks and Bullock played and shot well.

3 on 1 break where he should have passed off to teammate and instead bricked layup. I think the second was a nonsensical cross court pass which I KNOW the staff has been talking to him (and Randle) about that ended in a TO

Stuff like that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/7/2021  4:43 PM
Knicksfan wrote:I find it so hypocritical of Thibs to take young players out the moment they make a mistake, but guys like Payton can suck it up and their minutes just increase.

I’m souring up on Thibs.

There’s difference between making mistakes and just not hitting layups or shots though. Elf just missed shots today

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/7/2021  5:04 PM
martin wrote:

I’m souring up on Thibs.

There’s difference between making mistakes and just not hitting layups or shots though. Elf just missed shots today

Do you really not see the difference between pulling a young player for stupid mistakes and giving a veteran a little longer leash?

~You can't run from who you are.~
martin
USA
2/7/2021  5:06 PM
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:

I’m souring up on Thibs.

Do you really not see the difference between pulling a young player for stupid mistakes and giving a veteran a little longer leash?

I do get it and it's how all vet coaches treat those different types of players. I'm actually in agreement with it.

Short leash for the young guys who are learning. Longer one for vets

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/7/2021  6:37 PM
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:

I’m souring up on Thibs.

I do get it and it's how all vet coaches treat those different types of players. I'm actually in agreement with it.

Some still have that tanking mentality, play the young guys no matter what

ES
StarksEwing1

2/7/2021  6:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2021  6:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:

I’m souring up on Thibs.

Some still have that tanking mentality, play the young guys no matter what

What a ridiculous post. Not one person had mentioned tanking. In fact the only poster who had mentioned the word happens to be YOU. Fans want to win every game. We just Don’t buy into your Philosophy of “defense and drafting are not important”
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/7/2021  10:34 PM
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:

I’m souring up on Thibs.

Sorry Martin, but my reply was actually meant for Knicksfan.

~You can't run from who you are.~
martin
USA
2/7/2021  10:42 PM
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:

I’m souring up on Thibs.

Sorry Martin, but my reply was actually meant for Knicksfan.

ha OK, no worries

martin
USA
2/8/2021  11:40 AM
Feel like collectively not enough kudos has been given to Randle: Dude is just balling out.

Some careless turnovers but he is playing at a high level

And on a back to back, feel like he was the only player that didn't show fatigue

martin
USA
2/8/2021  11:46 AM
You put an average level playoff team PG on the Knicks and they beat Miami. Miami's current losing streak aside, I feel like that would have concluded 2 games against high level competition.

The Knicks got below average SG's, a C who doesn't even look at the basket, kaka for starting PG, RJ had an off game, rookie PG off bench but they are COMPETING.

Super well coached team IMHO

StarksEwing1

2/8/2021  12:16 PM
martin wrote:Feel like collectively not enough kudos has been given to Randle: Dude is just balling out.

And on a back to back, feel like he was the only player that didn't show fatigue

I’ve always liked Randle. Even last year despite dribbling into too many double/triple teams leading to TO’s he still had a real productive year. This year he has taken it to the next level and deserves a ton of credit. I just admit I didn’t expect this sort of jump from him but I felt he was capable of it.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/8/2021  12:57 PM
martin wrote:Feel like collectively not enough kudos has been given to Randle: Dude is just balling out.

Kudos. His success is testament to the idiocy of haters.

martin
USA
2/8/2021  1:00 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

Kudos. His success is testament to the idiocy of haters.

Ha and by haters you mean like 95+% of Knicks fans last year

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/8/2021  3:31 PM

Such an amazing story. His game this season has been invaluable and as much deserving credit Thibs get for our transformation, Randle deserves the same. His best games are stunning and even his bad ones still keep us in competitive. I think the greatest compliment he could get right now is admit that all of us that came in with a tanking and rebuilding mentality admit that there could be a great scenario to consider where he is one of our main pieces in a Knicks team that can compete for real very soon.

Fans wanted to trade him for a bag of chips, yet he has turned into the player we hoped to get later in the future. I’m really happy for him because not many win over NY and much less after a bad first act.

Knicks_Fan
GameThread: back to back afternoons, Heat 1pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy