[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks back to Thibs' old stomping grounds, 8pm
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

2/1/2021  11:26 PM
my own sense is this was a continuation of Thibs shortening the bench and what that might mean. Sometimes it works. tonight it didnt

i think we attacked the rim well but we also shot under 20% from three. story of the game really. even if shot meidocre- we probably win

would kk help overall on a night like tonight? if Obi got some more burn (he is way out of rhythm). maybe. easier to say probably on a night like tonight but other nights who knows.

burks played well. no one else played above their usual selves.

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/1/2021  11:28 PM
Sambakick wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I missed the game, but does this mean fade for Cade is on again

Failin for Jalen

APPROVED

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/1/2021  11:29 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Weird blaming Payton. Wasnt a blowout Had a chance to win it in the 4th, without him. More like our 3pt D.

Hatin' on Payton is just what some do. Need their scapegoat.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

martin
USA
2/1/2021  11:31 PM
Chandler wrote:my own sense is this was a continuation of Thibs shortening the bench and what that might mean. Sometimes it works. tonight it didnt

i think we attacked the rim well but we also shot under 20% from three. story of the game really. even if shot meidocre- we probably win

would kk help overall on a night like tonight? if Obi got some more burn (he is way out of rhythm). maybe. easier to say probably on a night like tonight but other nights who knows.

Thibs has been playing 10 guy rotation when players not hurt

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
2/1/2021  11:35 PM
Lauri got hot and the Bulls played faster (more cutting) and makes the defense have to play much harder because we have to guard most of the starting five out to the 3 pt. line. How many back door cuts and wide open dunks did we give up tonight? In contrast the Bulls can relax a bit and pack in the paint because we simply don't space and shoot well enough. Frustrating to keep bringing knives to a gun fight.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/2/2021  2:13 AM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Weird blaming Payton. Wasnt a blowout Had a chance to win it in the 4th, without him. More like our 3pt D.

Payton was in the game when we went down by double digits, in the first half and the second half . Quick pulled us back out each time we just fell short on a back to back...

Thibs is finally starting to slowly realize Payton makes the game harder for our starters ... it’s only a matter of time before we don’t see Payton again and I’ll f u c k in dance a F u c k in jig when that happens.

fwk00
Member: #6048

2/2/2021  2:34 AM
Why is Frankie not replacing Payton?

Why is Frankie not replacing Rivers?

Why is Barrett shooting 3s in crunch time?

Why, why, why?

Makes NO sense.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/2/2021  3:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2021  3:35 AM
Subpar ball-handling skills my man. He has to show an ability to break defenses down with his dribble and get to the paint.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/2/2021  4:27 AM
martin wrote:
Sambakick wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I missed the game, but does this mean fade for Cade is on again

Failin for Jalen

APPROVED

Yes, just don’t toss away the “Knicks for Playoffs” shirt because this “win three and playoffs-lose three and lottery” trend might continue.

Knicks_Fan
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/2/2021  8:24 AM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:my own sense is this was a continuation of Thibs shortening the bench and what that might mean. Sometimes it works. tonight it didnt

Thibs has been playing 10 guy rotation when players not hurt

True. Bad word choice. Was thinking about no kk and limited minutes for obi.

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/2/2021  8:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2021  8:50 AM
Tough loss. Knicks played well but Bulls just made more tough shots down the stretch. Only comment/0bservation regarding Thibs thus far. I love that he preaches and demands high intensity defense at all times. However, think in order for guys to maintain the defensive intensity he requires, they need to be on the court less than 35 min in a game. Especially if you expect the same intensity in the last two minutes of a game.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/2/2021  8:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2021  8:42 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Payton was in the game when we went down by double digits, in the first half and the second half . Quick pulled us back out each time we just fell short on a back to back...

Thibs is finally starting to slowly realize Payton makes the game harder for our starters ... it’s only a matter of time before we don’t see Payton again and I’ll f u c k in dance a F u c k in jig when that happens.

Quickley was minus 3, Payton -5. Quickley played 30 minutes last night to Payton's 17 min. If you want Quickley to finish as well, he'll be at the top of the league in minutes with RJ and Randle.

Dont see that as an easy choice to make with a rook. See Thibs and Derrick Rose.

martin
USA
2/2/2021  12:58 PM
fwk00 wrote:Why is Frankie not replacing Payton?

Why, why, why?

Makes NO sense.

Could literally be he has been OK'ed to play but realistically is not in game shape? Practices with 5v5 are slim to none and I'd guess it takes time to get up to in-game speed and such.

Some guys with some injuries just take time.

Thibs is also not the type to willy nilly throw or take guys out of rotation unless they are really failing (KNOX)

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/2/2021  1:21 PM
martin wrote:

Why, why, why?

Makes NO sense.

Could literally be he has been OK'ed to play but realistically is not in game shape? Practices with 5v5 are slim to none and I'd guess it takes time to get up to in-game speed and such.

Thibs is also not the type to willy nilly throw or take guys out of rotation unless they are really failing (KNOX)

Gotta say my one quibble with the direction is why no Frank? I get he hasn't been able to stay on the court but unlike DSJ he has shown flashes and even a superior talent on defense. Not giving him a shot seems dumb -- I'll trust Thibs has his reasons.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/2/2021  1:22 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Tough loss. Knicks played well but Bulls just made more tough shots down the stretch. Only comment/0bservation regarding Thibs thus far. I love that he preaches and demands high intensity defense at all times. However, think in order for guys to maintain the defensive intensity he requires, they need to be on the court less than 35 min in a game. Especially if you expect the same intensity in the last two minutes of a game.

Alot of the 3's they made at the end were wide open. Which is to your point in bold. D & 3 Frankie needs to get some burn.

martin
USA
2/2/2021  1:30 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:

Why, why, why?

Makes NO sense.

Gotta say my one quibble with the direction is why no Frank? I get he hasn't been able to stay on the court but unlike DSJ he has shown flashes and even a superior talent on defense. Not giving him a shot seems dumb -- I'll trust Thibs has his reasons.

So I don't get it. Frank is so injured he needs to wear a big old brace on the knee, we know it's not a small injury or that he is 100%. Took a professional level athlete who is 22 a month get back to a probably-could-play scenario. That's saying a lot.

Would you rather Thibs play quick-hook style substitutions where no player really gets to make mistakes and is fearful of getting pulled at any minute style of coaching?

We all hate Elf but Elf is just there is absorb minutes til IQ takes them; Thibs has all but told us that. After that, who are YOU pulling from the line up because of both poor play and poor effort? Cause it's the effort part (along with knucklehead play) that I think really will key Thibs. You have Rivers, Bullock, Burks, IQ, RJ that fall into the guys that you can take minutes away from that Frank would replace. I took Elf out of that string of players cause that's IQ's job.

Who loses minutes for Frank at this juncture to create an 11 man rotation?

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/2/2021  1:49 PM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:

Why, why, why?

Makes NO sense.

So I don't get it. Frank is so injured he needs to wear a big old brace on the knee, we know it's not a small injury or that he is 100%. Took a professional level athlete who is 22 a month get back to a probably-could-play scenario. That's saying a lot.

Would you rather Thibs play quick-hook style substitutions where no player really gets to make mistakes and is fearful of getting pulled at any minute style of coaching?

We all hate Elf but Elf is just there is absorb minutes til IQ takes them; Thibs has all but told us that. After that, who are YOU pulling from the line up because of both poor play and poor effort? Cause it's the effort part (along with knucklehead play) that I think really will key Thibs. You have Rivers, Bullock, Burks, IQ, RJ that fall into the guys that you can take minutes away from that Frank would replace. I took Elf out of that string of players cause that's IQ's job.

Who loses minutes for Frank at this juncture to create an 11 man rotation?

I guess it depends what your priorities are. If it's to make the playoffs, which I understand, then I can't quibble. If seeing what you have and developing is, then I would think finding Frank some minutes makes sense. You take some playing time from Payton or Bullock to start. If he is still injured and unable to play then he shouldn't be suiting up.

Look, as a "Frank guy" I have virtually given up because of his injury issues. But I can still see where he should at least get one more shot before you cut bait -- again based on those "flashes" and his defensive ability.

And I don't hate Elf for the record.

GameThread: Knicks back to Thibs' old stomping grounds, 8pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy