[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What if the Knicks were to lose the single most important entity of the organization?
Author Thread
flex
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #441
10/29/2004  2:35 PM
Isiah Thomas, someone who has taken a team from the lottery to the playoffs in his first year being hired during the middle of an NBA season. Someone who has taken perennial division bottom feeders under the Scott Layden era, to widely considered division champion favorites in less than a year. Someone who has transformed the most unwatchable boring team in the NBA to an exciting potential ridden team full of athleticism and youth in 8 months. And just as importantly and most admirably has injected some pride, arrogance, and even a little bit of smugness which lets face it is good sometimes. He has stressed the importance of representing New York with pride more than most native New Yorkers would. He's the hottest GM in the league right now, I wouldn't want anyone else right now, would you? What would you want in a trade for him if that ever happened if thats even allowed because I've never heard of it. The closest thing I guess was Gruden getting traded the Tampa from the Raiders for a bunch of draft picks. And how long is his contract for does anyone know? Would you resign him when it runs out or would you rather another team overpay for him, and how many years contract would you want?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/29/2004  3:51 PM
most of what Isiah has done is just image, and hasnt translated into wins on the basketball court, or banners in the rafters.

He absorbed $$$ to get Crawford signed. I like it but it was an example of using the Garden money. Same with Marbury as he took on like $140mm in future payroll to land him.

So far he's spent a ton of cash are we are hoping to win 45 games in the worst division in the NBA.

Lets relax on the Isiah is god stuff right now.

One thing I will sing his praise for is Trevor Ariza. He had nothing going into this draft to work with and he came out with a core rotation player and someone even with star potential. great pickup there.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/29/2004  3:54 PM
Posted by fishmike:

most of what Isiah has done is just image, and hasnt translated into wins on the basketball court, or banners in the rafters.

He absorbed $$$ to get Crawford signed. I like it but it was an example of using the Garden money. Same with Marbury as he took on like $140mm in future payroll to land him.

So far he's spent a ton of cash are we are hoping to win 45 games in the worst division in the NBA.

Lets relax on the Isiah is god stuff right now.

One thing I will sing his praise for is Trevor Ariza. He had nothing going into this draft to work with and he came out with a core rotation player and someone even with star potential. great pickup there.
I'd relax from the Isiah is God stuff too, but I think you're selling Isiah short, Fish. He's made a lot of smart decisions in a short time period.
MS
Member: #724
10/29/2004  4:07 PM
God what a terrible post!

The single most important person in the organization. You have got to be kidding me, a team from the lottery to the Playoffs, a team that was most likely making the Playoffs, they finished under 500.

Lets evaluate his moves:

Marbury, Hardway, 30 million a year, Steph has not won anything in this league and up until recently was a selfish all about me player. Penny is good but he is making 15 million a year to come of the bench.

McDyess could have brought us back any number of players, because it was 15 million

? Did he have to give away Lampe? NO, but he did and he is going to develop into a good rebounder and a very nice player

Did we need moochie? Nope but we traded for him just to make a trade, are paying Amechi, and are stuck with more years and more money

Van Horn, Doleac for TT and Naz...

Terrible deal, Van Horn was redefining his career he was being aggressive and fit into a team concept. Doleac was the perfect role player, worked hard played defense and could make the open shot.

TT is so erratic always underachieves and Naz is just plain awful no matter what anyone says.

Crawford: The jury is out he is very talented but he has never played organized ball, he didn't play in high school, and spent one year in college. And then went to the Bulls he has never been held accountable and is wild. He has all the talent in the world, but again why was Atlanta, Charlotte and every other team not interested.

Isiah has shelled out millions on top of millions, and brought in good athletes that can run, dunk, and bring excitement to the Garden. He has a coach that is past his prime, and a very average team, that would be 13-14th in the West.

Anyone next to Scott Layden looks like Jesus. Just look at the entire situation before you make a comment like that. What would you give up to get him...nothing
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/29/2004  5:14 PM
whoa... KVH was "redefining" his career here? Was I watching a different Knick team last year? I actually like KVH and respect his game, but come 4th qtr the guy was a TO waiting to happen and was terrified to shoot the ball in crunch time.

KVH is more productive than TT... no buts about it. Over 82 games KVH will give you more point and more rebs. Will he give you more wins? I dont think so. I agree with that trade simply because we didnt that production. He have plenty of depth. What we needed was guys that could play big in crunchtime and play big in the playoffs.

KVH is possibly the worst playoff performer of all time. TT may not be Jordan, but Tim is is better in almost EVERY stat catagoy if you compare regular to post season.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/29/2004  5:25 PM
End this conversation by looking at the confusion and the anger we had toward the Knicks in the Scott Layden era....

Everytime Scott made a move it was like....."WHOA!!!!......what the *^&* did he do that for".

You don't even have to go back and name any moves he did.

Now reflect on the Isiah era that hasn't even been a year yet.
All I can say now is the Knicks are getting respect. Even from Charles Barkley. Barkley used to love cracking on the Knicks.

People are still saying the Knicks suck.....these are New Yorkers too. The Knicks actually don't suck.

Isiah turned this franchise around. He's brought respect back to the organization......the same way Pat Riley did.

If you don't see it for what it is you are just a ignorant mofo.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/29/2004  5:32 PM
Van Horn, Doleac for TT and Naz...
Terrible deal, Van Horn was redefining his career he was being aggressive and fit into a team concept. Doleac was the perfect role player, worked hard played defense and could make the open shot.

TT is so erratic always underachieves and Naz is just plain awful no matter what anyone says.

I think Tim Thomas has redefined his career as much or more than Van Horn did. And Van Horn averaged 16 and 7 as a Knick last year playing in training camp and mostly with Allan, Tim came in and averaged 16 and 5, with no training camp, no Houston and getting off to a slow start.

And to compare Nazr to Doleac is silly. Nazr is a far better player who can do a lot more than hit a ten foot jumper, he can actually play in the post for one thing.
¿ △ ?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/29/2004  5:42 PM
The upshot of this thread is that we don't have enough confidence in Dolan to hire a similarly competent GM if and when Isiah leaves.
Bonn1997
USA
10/29/2004  5:53 PM
Posted by Rich:

The upshot of this thread is that we don't have enough confidence in Dolan to hire a similarly competent GM if and when Isiah leaves.
Right now, most Knick fans view Isiah as God. I'm sure Isiah and his big ego LOVE this. As long as he continues to be viewed this way, I can see him spending the next 40 years here! (exaggeration)
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
10/29/2004  9:40 PM
dudez.... letz just praise the almighty lolz
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2004  11:11 PM
If THE Father leaves, we will follow him.

We will love with THE Father.

If he wants us to, we will drink the nector.

If he wants us to, we will follow THE Father.

and wait for the mother ship.
Nalod
USA
10/29/2004  11:14 PM
The most single important entity? Its not Isiah!

Its The Money!

Popeye got spinich, Isiah got Dolans money.

Lose the money, and Isiah walks.

Money talks, bull Shoyt walk!
Bonn1997
USA
10/29/2004  11:24 PM
Dolan's money alone will get you NOWHERE. We learned that from watching Layden's $90 mil teams. You need a smart GM too.
SKY
Member: #687
USA
10/30/2004  2:35 AM
Posted by Nalod:

If THE Father leaves, we will follow him.

We will love with THE Father.

If he wants us to, we will drink the nector.

If he wants us to, we will follow THE Father.

and wait for the mother ship.

Hahahahaha... what the...? You crack me up
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/30/2004  11:49 AM
The one thing I really like is the pride aspect. Zeke seems to be very found of NY. He is not about making Dolan playoff money he is about winning a championship for NY. Thats what I like the best.

I like Kiki from the Nuggets style as as well. He grew up a Nuggets fan and loves Denver and that drives him to try and make Denver the best he can be. They went from #3 in the lottery to the playoffs. By replacing Mcdyess-NVE-Lafrentz-Howard for Camby-Nene-Melo-Miller-Martin-Skeet.

Zeke does deserve a lot of respect though because he didn't have as much flexability as Kiki did.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/30/2004  12:15 PM
you expect to see championships banners hanging after only half a season under Isiah. JEEEEEEEEZ
Nalod
USA
10/30/2004  11:38 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Dolan's money alone will get you NOWHERE. We learned that from watching Layden's $90 mil teams. You need a smart GM too.

Thats right, Isiahs 104 million dollar team is better. ANd don't for get the add up the added commitment also!...........You think Isiah is some kind of wizard if he had no ability to take on salary?

bonnie, your head is then so planted up your arse you can see your molars in the back of your throat. Oh, I get it, you want to argue?
What if the Knicks were to lose the single most important entity of the organization?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy