[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

thought of something that might be very cool for us
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/29/2004  11:58 AM
if the salary cap is shuttered and player movement is free like baseball, we can pay any player we want any amount restricted or not.

I was thinking how we could swipe Stromile Swift [who happened to score 24 points 8 rebounds and 4 blocks when he started C last night] and it dawned on me, after the new CBA, we could be a player for anyone who is a FA
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
10/29/2004  12:12 PM
to add to that[for all you yankee lovers] i do beleive there should be some kind of threshold hard cap with a high ceiling--lets say 70mm with a new minimum of 45mm--and give teams the ability to acquire any FA if they are under the ceiling # and if you are above that ceiling--you are grandfathered in but manadated to bring salaries down in a 5 year period.

teams with restricted FA need to be compensated like NFL teams if they lose RFA with number 1 picks-- and 3 number 1 picks for two franchise tagged athletes.

you want to give the owners cost-certainty--but at the same time appease players by ofeering more salary room and movement.

Salaries should be maxed out at 5 years with a team option for 6--that falls in between what both parties want

Minimum age for entry should be 1 year after your HS class has graduated.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
10/29/2004  1:21 PM
I don't see why the minimum age is needed when two past Rookie of the Years have been straight out of high school. What I would do is make the contract for players entering straight from HS or 1 year from college longer, so it gives them incentive to go to college for at least two years, then come out, because they can get paid sooner.

I like the idea of the hard cap at 70 and minimum at 45, that way teams are spending. I think teams should be able to max out one franchise player for 7 years, longest contract for anything else should be 5 (but I like the team option 6th).

Teams should be able to send players to the NBDL, also.
#Knickstaps
BRIGGS
10/29/2004  2:04 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I don't see why the minimum age is needed when two past Rookie of the Years have been straight out of high school. What I would do is make the contract for players entering straight from HS or 1 year from college longer, so it gives them incentive to go to college for at least two years, then come out, because they can get paid sooner.

I like the idea of the hard cap at 70 and minimum at 45, that way teams are spending. I think teams should be able to max out one franchise player for 7 years, longest contract for anything else should be 5 (but I like the team option 6th).

Teams should be able to send players to the NBDL, also.

well it's called negotiating. one side says 18 one side says 20 it good negotiating faith it should be one year after your HS class graduates

you dont have to go to school, if you are draft eleiglble according to NBA analysts, they can give you a job in NBA charities helping communities and play in an nBA sponsored develpomental league.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/29/2004  3:08 PM
What's the incentive for either side to have an age minimum?
thought of something that might be very cool for us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy