[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dont Like KT?
Author Thread
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

10/29/2004  1:25 AM
then u must not know basketball... hes not a star but god damn he knows his roll, knocks down his shots, and plays GREAT D

i been sayin it all along so dont say im jumpin on no bandwagon... only way we can trade him is for a defensive monster of a center cuz thats our only weekness
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/29/2004  1:28 AM
no but he clearly is our best big man right now. The jury is still out on Sweetney. He needs to play well on a night to night basis. i'm sure he'll reach that point at someday.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/29/2004  1:52 AM
He is a solid player, but he is inconsistent, and given that he is over 30, it may be in the team's best interests to convert him into a younger asset while he has market value.

But thanks for telling everyone how much they know about basketball based on whether or not they agree with you.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/29/2004  9:12 AM
Kurt's a solid role player... always has been. He's a great example of how a guy with painfully average skills has had a good NBA career through hard work. However playing KT at center or asking him to play 40 minutes a night and pick up some of the scoring load is utter folly, and its a big reason we were lousy for several years in a row.
When you ask KT to play 25-30 minutes and just work hard at rebounding and defense he's a nice player. I thought before he hurt his pinky he was playing he best bal last year when Marbury came. His scoring went way down and he wasnt even rebounding as much but he had the energy to really play aggressive D. If we can limit his minutes and responsibility he will be a nice player for us.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/29/2004  10:20 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Kurt's a solid role player... always has been. He's a great example of how a guy with painfully average skills has had a good NBA career through hard work. However playing KT at center or asking him to play 40 minutes a night and pick up some of the scoring load is utter folly, and its a big reason we were lousy for several years in a row.
When you ask KT to play 25-30 minutes and just work hard at rebounding and defense he's a nice player. I thought before he hurt his pinky he was playing he best bal last year when Marbury came. His scoring went way down and he wasnt even rebounding as much but he had the energy to really play aggressive D. If we can limit his minutes and responsibility he will be a nice player for us.

I agree totally.

Thing is who plays ahead of KT? Sweetney has shown exactly what I said he would with his ability to get fouled. That is a big contrast from KT. Usually KT is the one giving the fouls not really doing much to draw them.
Sweetney is almost guarenteed a good shot, a trip to the line or a double team which is all you ask out of a post player.

KT is still a bum but lesser minutes this year will really show his worth more than relying on him to do something he definately can't do which is be the anchor at the 4 spot. Knicks ain't winning anything if KT is getting 30 plus minutes.....period.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
taps
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #768
USA
10/29/2004  10:51 AM
KT doesn't get the respect he deserves because he is not a flashy player or some type of high flyer. He has always prove he can play great lo post D and at any time that can change the game. If we still issues playing D then he will be a hard player to trade at the deadline. What is so positive is hitting those jump shots from the pick and roll with Marbury. That is his role and if he could play that we should be in good shape. We must give him the benefit of a doubt with last season because he played with a broken pinky.
"White people are crazy and they sho nuff not from Earth"
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/29/2004  11:07 AM
Man I dont like KT because of his peronality. Basketballwise he is ok in my book. I can deal with him playing a solid role on this team - it would be weird not to see him in a Knicks uniform. I guess you could call it a love-hate relationship with old cr8zy eyes.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/29/2004  11:19 AM
Posted by taps:

KT doesn't get the respect he deserves because he is not a flashy player or some type of high flyer. He has always prove he can play great lo post D and at any time that can change the game. If we still issues playing D then he will be a hard player to trade at the deadline. What is so positive is hitting those jump shots from the pick and roll with Marbury. That is his role and if he could play that we should be in good shape. We must give him the benefit of a doubt with last season because he played with a broken pinky.

Yeah yeah.....

But do you think the Knicks are winning anything with KT playing such a big role? That pick and role stuff is fine but KT is better just taking the shot without moving or having to be able to move or pass if the defense isn't fooled by the pick and roll.

KT plays good defense but he still gets abused against good post players. Kt's defense is situational. He'll never contain or stop anyone but he will get a cheap strip or block every once in a while.

KT is terrible if he has to move his feet....or dribble...KT is not a post presence. He is a jump shooter. Try making an impact inside from 15-18 ft out. This is why guys like me don't like him.

As a comparisson...Sweetney isn't flashy and can't jump either. Sweetney on the other hand will rebound and play inside the way the Knicks have needed for years at 4.

KT and Sweets together make for a good 4 tandem. If Sweetney can hit the jumper or score as frequently as he gets foul shots KT will be fazed out at 4.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/29/2004  12:09 PM
I think KT starts until Sweetney clearly is better than him. Right now Mike is averaging like a foul every 3 minutes. When he can get into those post moves without the offensive fouls he's probably ready. Everything I see from Sweetney is great, all he needs is a little more time. Maybe by the end of this year? (Zach made his spash at the very end of year 2. Year 3 he exploded)

Ib the meantime the tandem of the two of them is great, and Sweetney has shown som good ability to guard bigger players and push them out of the post.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
taps
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #768
USA
10/29/2004  12:20 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by taps:

Yeah yeah.....

But do you think the Knicks are winning anything with KT playing such a big role? That pick and role stuff is fine but KT is better just taking the shot without moving or having to be able to move or pass if the defense isn't fooled by the pick and roll.

KT plays good defense but he still gets abused against good post players. Kt's defense is situational. He'll never contain or stop anyone but he will get a cheap strip or block every once in a while.

KT is terrible if he has to move his feet....or dribble...KT is not a post presence. He is a jump shooter. Try making an impact inside from 15-18 ft out. This is why guys like me don't like him.

As a comparisson...Sweetney isn't flashy and can't jump either. Sweetney on the other hand will rebound and play inside the way the Knicks have needed for years at 4.

KT and Sweets together make for a good 4 tandem. If Sweetney can hit the jumper or score as frequently as he gets foul shots KT will be fazed out at 4.

Who says Kurt has a big role in this offense like I said his role is to hit the perimeter shots and play D. I didn't realize he was a number one option. If he plays his role it would be valuable to us this season if not he's traded.
"White people are crazy and they sho nuff not from Earth"
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

10/29/2004  12:49 PM
u guys criticise him like ur comparing him to an All-Star... hes not an all star, but he is capable of starting on a winning team thats for sure, he plays the power forward role pretty damn good... if he was paired with an athletic defensive center like ratliff or camby .. we would be just fine... imo all we need is a better defender at the C position and our team would compete with anyone
Dont Like KT?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy