[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Houston come back
Author Thread
StArBuRy03
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #576
10/28/2004  10:16 PM
one thing i noticed about this team, our best players... , are the most inconsistant shooters. JC can go 10-12 one night then got 2 -23 the next, TT 7-10 one night, 3-19 the next, i think we really need houston back. just to have that reliable shooter, even if its off the bench. Even marbury, who is an underrated shooter, is very streaky. i think, in streches of games,depending on the match ups, we could have a line up in that would consist of marbs at pg, craw at sg, houston at sf, TT at pf, and sweets or kurt at C. That would be our most offensivly productive line-up, on defense its another story.
marbury with the cross over..... and yao falls on his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/28/2004  10:37 PM
He'd be a huge boost for the team, but he should not come back one day too early.
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
10/28/2004  11:22 PM
i have an intersting idea about this shooting problem of ours. houston will help but we still have alot of streaky shooters. what we need are some better rebounders. i proposed a trade on a sonics board of shandon anderson and nazr for jerome james and danny fortson. for the most part they all seemed to like it. we lose nazr but we also get rid of anderson. we get an average 7'2" guy who can rebound and block shots and we also get fortson who will grab a ton of rebounds for us.

its basically nazr for fortson and anderson for james.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/29/2004  12:27 AM
Houston's presence out on the floor should help with spacing, making the rest of our players (especially our big men) better offensive rebounders and post-up threats.

It's a shame that Tracy Murray didn't work out--- he just didn't have it. There are a fair number of former college sharpshooters in the NBDL, CBA, and overseas... If it came down to it, we'd probably tap into that reserve.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/29/2004  1:10 AM
I just want to see him start along side marbury and marbury drive and kick the ball out to him all day and I think Craw will be SUPER effective playing both backup PG and SG off the bench for 30+ min! And split the time between TT, penny and Ariza and Sweetney get 25+ min. off the bench. If that happens we ar golden!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/29/2004  7:02 AM
We can "Hold down the fort" as Crawford put it, until Houston gets back, but we do need him.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/29/2004  9:18 AM
Posted by turtle33:

i have an intersting idea about this shooting problem of ours. houston will help but we still have alot of streaky shooters. what we need are some better rebounders. i proposed a trade on a sonics board of shandon anderson and nazr for jerome james and danny fortson. for the most part they all seemed to like it. we lose nazr but we also get rid of anderson. we get an average 7'2" guy who can rebound and block shots and we also get fortson who will grab a ton of rebounds for us.

getting Fortson would only take minutes away from Sweetney...it's redundant imho...i think Nazr is a better player than Jerome James too.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
10/29/2004  1:10 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by turtle33:

getting Fortson would only take minutes away from Sweetney...it's redundant imho...i think Nazr is a better player than Jerome James too.
Agreed
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
10/29/2004  4:28 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by turtle33:

Agreed

actually getting rid of nazr would mean more minutes at C for kurt which would mean spliting minutes at pf between sweets and fortson.

and

nazr IS better than james, but as i said its nazr for fortson. imo fortson is better or atleast equal to nazr and that leaves trading anderson for jerome james (an ending contract). so we get shorter contracts for less money, get rid of anderson and get some size and rebounding. i repect both your guys opinion, but this was my reasoning behind it.
kNYks342
Member: #466
10/29/2004  5:30 PM
guys we already have our danny fortson in jerome williams except jerome is a better team mate and defender. Nazr is better than james...and he did get some nice blocks last night...maybe he can develop into a better defender...but concerning rebounding I dont know if you noticed the game last night but wilkens put JYD in the game early for a reason he grabbed 7 bounds in like 11min.
Bonn1997
USA
10/29/2004  5:48 PM
There's nothing about Fortson that I find appealing.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
10/30/2004  1:56 AM
i wanna bang a duck
Houston come back

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy