[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Win! Knicks Win!
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/23/2002  11:39 PM
I can't believe what I'm seeing. They held a lead, they won a game! Which leads me to point numero dos, we are all getting a little crazy with these trades because we're getting desperate. I personally think this team is good enough to make a run, maybe I'm just on a little high after this win, but I do think that they are capable. Houston didn't show up today and they still won. Thomas established himself early as a threat down low, which is what they need. No trade would've signifigantly effected this team, so I'm hoping they stay put. Go Knicks baby, go Knicks.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
1/24/2002  12:23 AM
It was a good win but I feel that we can't go very far in the Playoffs (if we were to somehow make it) so I do think we should make a trade.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/24/2002  5:28 AM
2-3 year contracts, rookie contracts and draft picks, any draft picks. This is what we should try to trade for.

We won one game, might win more but do you really think we'll go far into the playoffs with this squad?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2002  8:53 AM
I didn't see the game, but from the boxscore it looks like the defense showed up. Comments?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickerbocker
Member: #195
USA
1/24/2002  9:56 AM
The Raptors game proved that we still have some damn good talent, if we play like a team with high spirit. I hope to see more games like this. Last nights game will be remembered as the game that made the Knicks hearts grow twice as large
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
1/24/2002  11:32 AM
I'm going to try to reserve judgment until these Knicks win a few more games and develop a more respectable record.

I haven't seen all the games during the losing streak, but it looked to me like the guys were playing with a greater intensity and a desire to earn a win. Hopefully the losing streak, and everyone counting them out, has brought them together as a team.

It also looked like Don Chaney was calling timeouts at critical moments - when the Knicks were starting to fall apart - to get them refocused, instead of letting them "play through" them.

Finally, Don Chaney had Houston on the bench much of the game, and pulled Houston out toward the end when he made another one of those stupid late game turnovers (does he do it on purpose?) Maybe losing time to Shandon Anderson (who really is a better defender) will make Houston play up to his potential.
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/24/2002  11:47 AM
Posted by martin:

I didn't see the game, but from the boxscore it looks like the defense showed up. Comments?
Good things going early - getting Camby involved on the offense - but it was clear that he was hobbled, missing alot of DIRECT layins, passes, etc.

Thomas and Mark Jax had nice play for the night, Alvin Williams shut down houston.

No focus from either team really - no poise. Spree had a relatively quiet 35 points, he played as if he had 10 or 15.

No one really dominated the game, Allan Houston was quiet. Othella Harrington and and Weatherspoon played quiet games too. Shandon Anderson had a couple of nice moves, and a couple of slip ups. And Still no Postell off the bench. We lost alot of big leads and let the raps go for some big runs, and Camby got in silly foul trouble early.
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/24/2002  11:49 AM
Finally, Don Chaney had Houston on the bench much of the game, and pulled Houston out toward the end when he made another one of those stupid late game turnovers (does he do it on purpose)

Yes - rent the movie "Black and White" starring Allan Houston and you'll see that he does do it on purpose.
martin
USA
1/24/2002  2:48 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Finally, Don Chaney had Houston on the bench much of the game, and pulled Houston out toward the end when he made another one of those stupid late game turnovers (does he do it on purpose)

Yes - rent the movie "Black and White" starring Allan Houston and you'll see that he does do it on purpose.

lol. My favorite still was Houston's no look pass to the bench. Marv: "Oh!, a beautiful no look pass to the bench. What was he thinking?"
martin
USA
1/24/2002  2:49 PM
Posted by knickgeek:

It also looked like Don Chaney was calling timeouts at critical moments - when the Knicks were starting to fall apart - to get them refocused, instead of letting them "play through" them.

Now this is a first. After all of those 4th quarter runs by the opponent and last second 3 pointers, the coach is finally catching on that you have to call a time out and prep your players or remind them that they have to play to win. Finally.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/24/2002  7:17 PM
I'm sorry for embarassing myself and us Knicks fans by saying I thought they would contend for the playoffs when they had won one game. I was just acting a little crazy, lol, sorry.
#Knickstaps
Knicks Win! Knicks Win!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy