[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GM's Don't Agree with Some of the Posters Here
Author Thread
TheSage
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #386
10/28/2004  8:48 AM
From Newsday

"Anticipating another major shift in an Atlantic Division that has been reduced to five teams as a result of realignment, a survey of NBA general managers was released by the league yesterday, and the Knicks were the overwhelming choice to win. They received 67 percent of the vote compared to 14 percent for Philadelphia, 10 percent for Boston, 5 percent for the Nets and zero for Toronto."
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/28/2004  11:15 AM
We have the deepest, most talented team in the Atlantic. This prediction from the experts doesn't surprise me. Now the team has to go out there and make it happen!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2004  11:33 AM
we are so much better than Bos, Tor and the Nets at this point. I see us neck and neck with Phili. They have a good starting line up. Jim OBrian is a good coach. When the 76rs went to the finals with Larry Brown he surrounded Iverson with a bunch of hardnose blue collar type players. He's got that again with this current line up, plus Dalembert and Glen Robinson off the bench. Thats a good team with good veterans and will be well coached.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
10/28/2004  12:08 PM
I think Philly has better depth than the Knicks because of their talent up front.

Looking at their starters and rest of the rotation, it's probably:
Iverson, McKie, Igoudala, Kenny Thomas, Marc Jackson w/ Big Dog, Dalembert, Brian Skinner, Green, and Korver off the bench.

vs.

Marbury, Crawford, TT, Sweetney, KT w/ Penny, JYD, Baker, Mohammed, and Ariza. Until the Knicks get Houston back, I'd give Philly the upper hand.
#Knickstaps
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/28/2004  12:16 PM
I just think a lot of us are still stuck in the dismal Layden era mentality. An era of ultimate pessimism. It will take a while for our minds to function normally again lol

I'm still sticking to my prediction of 50wins or at least 48!
gunsnewing
USA
10/28/2004  12:20 PM
who's to say marc jackson, igoulabababhassd, willie green, kyle korver and Aaron Mckie(coming off a horrible year) are any good! Big Dog is nothing more than a cancer Skinner and kenny thomas are about the same as Kurt offensively without the defense. The sixers have Iverson but we have Marbury, Crawford, Tim Thomas, Houston, Penny and Sweetney who has a chance of breaking out. give me a break!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/28/2004  12:40 PM
this thread would make me happy, if I didn't know that the people who post here are far more intelligent than NBA GMs. These GMs are the same guys who decided en mass that Euros were better than American players simply because they hadn't seen them play. This move has allowed them to pass over guys like Arenas, Boozer and now Ariza in recent years. But if GMs like the team, it means trades can't be that far off.

What makes me happier is ESPN saying the Knicks will suck. Those idiots have never watched a basketball game they didn't televise.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/28/2004  12:52 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

who's to say marc jackson, igoulabababhassd, willie green, kyle korver and Aaron Mckie(coming off a horrible year) are any good! Big Dog is nothing more than a cancer Skinner and kenny thomas are about the same as Kurt offensively without the defense. The sixers have Iverson but we have Marbury, Crawford, Tim Thomas, Houston, Penny and Sweetney who has a chance of breaking out. give me a break!

Philly and NYK are practically mirror images.

Iverson = Marbury, a wash, Marbury could be better though...
Green = Crawford, also Green will DESTROY Craw. Craw cannot defend him.
Tim > Igodala or Glenn
K Thomas = K Thomas
Dalembert > NAzr, but only slightly
Mckie = Penny, the similarities are uncanny at this point
Corliss = Sweets, Sweets is younger and probably better but right now they are equals
Mark Jackson > Baker and Jerome combined
Allan Houston > Korver, but, Really, only slightly.
O'Brien >>>>>> Wilkens

This will be extremely interesting. Tim Thomas is the wild card for us. I think they can beat out Philly, but the similarities are shocking.
¿ △ ?
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
10/28/2004  3:20 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Tim > Igodala or Glenn
K Thomas = K Thomas
Corliss = Sweets, Sweets is younger and probably better but right now they are equals
O'Brien >>>>>> Wilkens

This will be extremely interesting. Tim Thomas is the wild card for us. I think they can beat out Philly, but the similarities are shocking.

Except Allen Iverson will be feuding with the Coach in a few months, taking far too many shots, and starting the large trade Iverson rumors leaving the team in dismay.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Bonn1997
USA
10/28/2004  3:23 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Tim > Igodala or Glenn
K Thomas = K Thomas
O'Brien >>>>>> Wilkens

I think Crawford is significantly better than Green and a healthy Houston is significantly better than Korver. On the other hand, I think Dalembert is significantly better than Nazy. I agree with the rest of your comparisons, though. I think Sweetney right now is better than Williamson. He's a far better rebounder than Williamson. When Williamson was younger and playing 30 mpg, he still would only get like 4 rpg.

K Thomas = K Thomas
It's hard to argue with that one--I mean just look at each side of the equation!
Masterplan
Member: #362
10/28/2004  3:35 PM
K Thomas is way better than K Thomas.

Houston is so much better than Korver. have a little faith in modern medicine.

Crawford is also probably significantly better than Green.

Dalembert is a defensive presence light years better than nazr.

Corliss and Sweetney is an interesting matchup. Corliss schooled Mike when they were matched up late last season. that said, mike is on the rise and corliss is past his prime, and the rebounding thing is big for our team.

ultimately i think chemistry will determine who wins the atlantic.

[Edited by - Masterplan on 10/28/2004 15:38:25]
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2004  4:37 PM
to bad sports doesnt work this way. What makes teams great is when the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. We have seen Iverson's teams accomplish this. We have yet to see a MArbury team do the same. Time will tell...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/28/2004  5:15 PM
exactly...just compare the Lakers of last year to the Pistons position by position & your point is well illustrated.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
10/28/2004  6:20 PM
Posted by fishmike:

to bad sports doesnt work this way. What makes teams great is when the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. We have seen Iverson's teams accomplish this. We have yet to see a MArbury team do the same. Time will tell...

That's true. We've also seen the team be less than the sum of its parts for Iverson--like last year.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/28/2004  6:48 PM
I'm still sticking to my prediction of 50wins or at least 48!

I have already predicted 47-35. We should be good for a #3 seed and atleast, and make it to the second round. I'm dieing to see us play the Heat. IMO I think we can take that... we are better at 4/5 positions, unfortunately that one position is Shaq.
gunsnewing
USA
10/29/2004  1:20 AM
Nets beat Philly enough said!
GM's Don't Agree with Some of the Posters Here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy