Trade idea w/CHI-town
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/26/2004  2:30 PM
Penny Hardaway, Moochie Norris & Bruno Sundov

for Antonio Davis, Eddie Robinson & Frank Williams.

- all the dollars match up pretty much, the Bulls get rid of ERob, & they get a solid veteran swingman who was once a superstar to teach the young guys what perseverence is all about & who can be a great tutor to Luol Deng, Ben Gordon & Kirk Hinrich.

- Knicks end up w/the deepest frontcourt in the league, & get back Frank...ERob can back up Crawford at SG while Houston is on the IR...

C - Davis / Nazr / Baker
PF - KT / Sweetney / JYD
SF - TT / Ariza
SG - Crawford / ERob
PG - Marbury / Frank
IR – Houston / Brewer / Shandon
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
10/26/2004  3:07 PM
E-Rob is too injury prone and is a puzzy of a player. I rather have Penny, u know...
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
TMS
USA
10/26/2004  3:22 PM
my focus is not on getting ERob...it's getting another big body for the C position who can block shots & rebound, as well as finding regular minutes for Ariza...Frank Williams coming back would be another bonus...my guess is ERob would sit on the IR for most of the season once Houston returns to the rotation.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
10/26/2004  3:22 PM
I think Shandon Anderson for E Robinson and C Trybanski is far better.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/26/2004  3:27 PM
Posted by toodarkmark:

Well for us it is, but why on earth would Chicago do that?
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
10/26/2004  3:44 PM
This is the dumbes trade ever. How is that helping our front line? Penny, MOochie and Bruno? I am so glad that you are a Net fans.

Posted by TMS:

- all the dollars match up pretty much, the Bulls get rid of ERob, & they get a solid veteran swingman who was once a superstar to teach the young guys what perseverence is all about & who can be a great tutor to Luol Deng, Ben Gordon & Kirk Hinrich.

- Knicks end up w/the deepest frontcourt in the league, & get back Frank...ERob can back up Crawford at SG while Houston is on the IR...

C - Davis / Nazr / Baker
PF - KT / Sweetney / JYD
SF - TT / Ariza
SG - Crawford / ERob
PG - Marbury / Frank
The true Knickabocker..........
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/26/2004  4:00 PM
Posted by diderotn:

This is the dumbes trade ever. How is that helping our front line? Penny, MOochie and Bruno? I am so glad that you are a Net fans.

Posted by TMS:

C - Davis / Nazr / Baker
PF - KT / Sweetney / JYD
SF - TT / Ariza
SG - Crawford / ERob
PG - Marbury / Frank

er, hellow, did you read the post?

Antonio Davis?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2004  4:13 PM
Posted by TMS:

C - Davis / Nazr / Baker
PF - KT / Sweetney / JYD
SF - TT / Ariza
SG - Crawford / ERob
PG - Marbury / Frank
But haven't you said that Kurt will interfere with Sweetney's development (which I disagreed with). Wouldn't adding AD then further interfere with his development?
TMS
USA
10/26/2004  4:23 PM
i don't think so...A Davis is more of a C than KT is, that's for sure...if anything, it would make clear the role of Sweetney as the starting PF, w/Baker or JYD backing him up.

Davis would also allow you to trade KT later on & not lose the low post defender & shotblocker...

i think the Knicks should trade KT regardless if they make this trade or not...this trade gives them more depth at the C position.

[Edited by - TMS on 10/26/2004 16:24:33]
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/26/2004  5:00 PM
I like AD... always have. Only way I take back ERobb is to buy him out.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
10/26/2004  5:06 PM
that would be fine w/me too...i could live w/Shandon backing up Crawford at SG until AH comes back in the absence of Penny...maybe he'll be able to increase his trade value just enough to the point where some teams will be interested in him?

of course, you can also use JYD as a backup 3 & Ariza as a backup 2 until AH comes back as well...there's alot of things you can do w/this roster...but the absence of a physical shotblocking C is the biggest thing holding this team back from contending in the Eastern Conference...ADavis isn't the best answer, but he's a better option than Nazr, KT or Baker imho.

[Edited by - TMS on 10/26/2004 17:09:15]
Bonn1997
USA
10/26/2004  5:45 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I like AD... always have. Only way I take back ERobb is to buy him out.
Fish, why buy him out when you can use his expiring contract in nine months in a trade. You buy him out only if you're convinced that you can get better use out of that one roster spot that you'd free up now than you can out of his $7.2 mil expiring contract next summer.
Bonn1997
USA
10/26/2004  5:51 PM
Posted by TMS:

i don't think so...A Davis is more of a C than KT is, that's for sure...if anything, it would make clear the role of Sweetney as the starting PF, w/Baker or JYD backing him up.

[Edited by - TMS on 10/26/2004 16:24:33]
They're both 6'9" PF/Cs. Neither blocks many shots, though Kurt blocks more. AD turns 37 this season. I think Kurt is a better PF and a better C than AD. I'd take AD for the right deal, but it probably would interfere with Sweetney's development in the short-term. I'd probably use a starting lineup with Kurt at PF, AD at C, Sweetney getting 20 mpg off the bench and very little time for Vin and Nazy.
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
10/26/2004  6:19 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by toodarkmark:

Well for us it is, but why on earth would Chicago do that?

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. This only affects them by .5 on the salary cap next year, they dont have to spend the money to buy him out, they get a servicable SG with size, and they only bite the bullet the last year, which they could use Shandon in a trade. If they buy out E Rob, his salary still counts against the cap so they wont be able to trade him next year when he is an expiring contract. This deal works well for the Bulls.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Trade idea w/CHI-town

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy