[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should Isiah go after Tskitishvili?
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/26/2004  1:42 PM
He is only 21 and a 7fter with some potential.We would probably have a better chance of landing him than Nene who is also mentioned in the article.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~90~2491701,00.html

Tskitishvili's new injury puts Denver on spot

By Adrian Dater
Denver Post Staff Writer

Nikoloz Tskitishvili's powder blue Nuggets practice uniform might have looked more appropriate Monday with a black cat walking under a ladder as the logo.

The latest setback in the hard-luck career of Tskitishvili, 21, is a painful cyst behind his left knee. It is an injury similar to the one in his right leg that has kept him sidelined much of training camp. He will have a magnetic resonance imaging test today.

"Bad luck," Tskitishvili said. "I was going to get into shape and start all over, you know? Be ready for the season, and preseason. Preseason was a time for me to play a lot of minutes. So I'm missing out because of my injuries.

"I just hope it's going to be all right pretty soon."

Tskitishvili's latest injury, which he hopes will not need surgery, presents a tough choice for the Nuggets. The deadline to pick up the option on his contract for next season is Sunday night; either the Nuggets pick up the $3.7 million option, or he will be eligible to become a free agent. Tskitishvili is guaranteed $2.9 million this season.

Nuggets assistant general manager David Fredman said the team has not made any decision on Tskitishvili's option year, or that of Nene - who would see an increase from this year's $2.4 million to $3 million if his option is exercised.

Nene's agent, Michael Coyne, isn't worried about his client.

"Have they told me they're going to extend it? Not in so many words," Coyne said. "But I assume they will."

If Tskitishvili's latest cyst does not heal on its own, surgery might be necessary, but that is considered remote.

"This is a hard-working team, and I want to be here working hard, too, on the court," Tskitishvili said.

AUTOADVERT
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
10/26/2004  3:25 PM
No.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Kwazimodal
10/26/2004  3:34 PM
Posted by toodarkmark:

No.

Yes
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
10/26/2004  3:42 PM
What for?
The true Knickabocker..........
Kwazimodal
10/26/2004  3:44 PM
Posted by diderotn:

What for?

Cause he would look really cute in a Knicks uniform.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/26/2004  3:49 PM
why not? especially if we can get him for cheap, the guy is young, and pretty athletic from what I have seen, he finishes around the hoop with dunks, not fingerolls or pretty little layups. The kid has some skill, I say why not, especially if we can give bums like bateer and marginal talent like sundov a chance....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
10/26/2004  3:53 PM
Dude is as skinny as Keon Klark. He has no leg strengh and remember that he is a 7'/SF. What we need is a Center. Let's not deviate from that.

Posted by tkf:

why not? especially if we can get him for cheap, the guy is young, and pretty athletic from what I have seen, he finishes around the hoop with dunks, not fingerolls or pretty little layups. The kid has some skill, I say why not, especially if we can give bums like bateer and marginal talent like sundov a chance....
The true Knickabocker..........
Kwazimodal
10/26/2004  3:55 PM
Posted by tkf:

I agree,well said.He also has a good outside touch.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/26/2004  4:04 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Dude is as skinny as Keon Klark. He has no leg strengh and remember that he is a 7'/SF. What we need is a Center. Let's not deviate from that.

Posted by tkf:

OK, we need a center, then find me one that is available? I won't hold my breath waiting, believe me... We all know we need a center, but why not give this kid a chance, he is 21, has skills, and may blossom into a player, again, with some of the deadbeat bigmen we dragged into camp, why not this kid?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2004  4:17 PM
If you can get him wo/giving up much, yes.

I'd love to get Nene, but we probably won't have the assets to get him or another very good player who can play C until next summer.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
10/26/2004  5:26 PM
He dominates summer leagues but right now we have lots of depth at the wing positions but need solid players at PF and C.
http://allknicks.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/26/2004  6:14 PM
Nene is a freak as far as his quickness. I never seen a big man move like him.....Though he is lazy and thinks he's better than he is because of what got gave him.

Tskitishvili annoys me.....he doesn't play anything like they said. For one his jumpshot is very suspect. Maybe it's confidence. He is good from 15 ft in cuz he is long and he's active. And yes he will dunk it. He reminds me of Johnathan Bender.....actually both are very similiar.

again no young guy is coming to the Knicks unless they trade away Ariza or Sweetney......to that i say nay.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2004  7:42 PM
We have our alloted token Euro. Can they use Moochie? Give them Mooch and three million dollahs. Give Mooch, 3 mil, and all the popcorn they can eat in a year.

Skita on broadway.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
10/26/2004  7:57 PM
Four letters for ya all!! S O F T
The Future. GO KNICKS!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/26/2004  10:15 PM
There had to be some good reason why teams were all high about him just a few years ago. And he's gotta have skills after dominating the summer leagues for 2 years in a row.

What the guy needs is playing time, plain and simple. He's not gonna get all 'hard' with his momma telling to stay home and safe on the bench.

What do we have to offer for him anyway?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
10/26/2004  10:51 PM
I would get him in a second since he would come cheap! Some young players just need a change of scenery to bust out. Look at Jermaine!
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
10/27/2004  8:37 AM
no, jermaine o'neal did not bust out because he was behind a veteran, talented frontcourt ( sheed, sabonis and grant). villi mis different. he is a 7'0" sf who is fighting for time with rodney white, voshon, lenard and brent barry. not good. it is possible that he can develop into an east coast center like o'neal but highly doubt it since he was a pro player since 16 and it would be very hard for him to learn how to play efectively in the post.
Should Isiah go after Tskitishvili?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy