[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

some of these "bubble teams" looking pretty bad
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/26/2004  9:38 AM
Celtics havent won a single game and now Pierce thinks spitting at the opposing bench may help stop an opposing run.

Wash is all banged up and Ben Gordon essentially sucks. Anyone see that fight last night with Antonio Davis going Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka on Hunter?

Toronto's been bad and Washington and Orlando look painfully average.

Phili on the other hand does look very solid.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/26/2004  9:45 AM
wait a second, you just crapped on 5 teams that are better than us...what will briggs think. (ok, enough of the briggs thing).

it's funny how the spurs can go 0-3 and people are like it's just pre-season yet when a .500 team does the same, it's much more magnified. is preseason the tell tale signs for them? who knows but it's kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

is ben gordon this years version of harold miner, shawn respert, and mark macon?

philly will always be solid b/c of the coach and iverson.
orlando is a team that could be good but all of that depends on hill.
i'm not even thinking about toronto or washington. those are two teams ready to self destruct. and the celtics will be ok at best.

i still think we're better than all of them but we'll see.

one thing i do like about the preseason is that we seem to be playing well at home. establishing home court is maybe the biggest step in a rebuild-on-the-fly plan. winning 30 games at home would be nice this year and should guarantee us AT LEAST 43 wins this season.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/26/2004  10:07 AM
Well, the Spurs get a passed because people are used to them not turning on the switch until January 1st Every Single Freaking Year...

With a team that's trying to establish a winning environment like Philly, Boston, New York, Washington etc. all should be after none of them finished .500 last year, getting beaten in pre-season is a bad sign of things to come. Of course it doesn't count, but its a big indicator that things have not changed. Boston does look bad so far. Very bad. Chicago is a mess.
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/26/2004  10:17 AM
that fight was funny, haywood was in full retreat, backpedaling from DAvis, that was a punk move..LOL.. I was ROFL... I mean if haywood could of ran home he would of... AD is a grown ass man!! hahahahaha
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/26/2004  10:19 AM
That was a classless act by pierce, lebron was giving him the business and he got frustrated.... Again, pierce, Davis, payton, yea there are a lot of quality character guys on the celtics.. (rolling eyes)
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/26/2004  11:29 AM
AD is huge... thats one scary dude.

Asfor the Celtics they could be one of the more entertaining teams to watch. With Pierce, Ricky Davis and GP you have some bonafide headcases there... should be interesting
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/26/2004  11:52 AM
if Orlando and wash look painfully average, I guess the Knicks look like a lottery team. We had 3 blowout losses and were on the verge of being blown out by NJ when the scrubs stole it back. I know it's hard to criicize your own team or look at things objectively, but Orl Wash Clev and even the Bucks look as good or better than the knicks. We sure dont want Philly to be above us, because if they are
A. we will have no chance of getting out of r 1 if we 6-8 seed.
B. we could be on the outside looking in

I think its fair to say there are a lot of teams bunched together and the knicks are 1 of them.

Clearly to me Miami Indiana and Detroit are head of the class--Clev is 4th and everything after that is unkown.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2004  12:04 PM
Orlando looking average after a complete retooling is a very good thing considering. Dwights upside is tremendus. You have a potential superstar not being asked to contribute much.

Boston on paper looks ok, as do the knicks. Similar in a way as there is a lot of talent, but the team that puts the ego aside and plays team ball will be better.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/26/2004  12:07 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

if Orlando and wash look painfully average, I guess the Knicks look like a lottery team. We had 3 blowout losses and were on the verge of being blown out by NJ when the scrubs stole it back. I know it's hard to criicize your own team or look at things objectively, but Orl Wash Clev and even the Bucks look as good or better than the knicks. We sure dont want Philly to be above us, because if they are

I think its fair to say there are a lot of teams bunched together and the knicks are 1 of them.

Clearly to me Miami Indiana and Detroit are head of the class--Clev is 4th and everything after that is unkown.

the knicks are bunched together BUT i still think we're better. i mean, we won 39 games with an AWFUL roster for 1/2 the year and a mis-jointed one at the end of the year. h20's presence definitely changes our prospects but this team is at least 5-7 games better than last season's right now (without h20).
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/26/2004  12:19 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by BRIGGS:

the knicks are bunched together BUT i still think we're better. i mean, we won 39 games with an AWFUL roster for 1/2 the year and a mis-jointed one at the end of the year. h20's presence definitely changes our prospects but this team is at least 5-7 games better than last season's right now (without h20).

It's not last year anymore--teams-including the knicks have changed quite radically.

nalod is right on about orlando taking some time to create chemistry--but they appear to already seem to be playing much better.

Wash is going to start the season horribly because they have so many guys suspended and hurt. but I assert that they will be a PLAYER because of their enormous and skilled frontcourt and a deep talented backcourt. I have noticed players like Haywood Jefferies and Hayes are all much better.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2004  12:22 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Except for NJ, we played all our games against elite teams that should win 50 or even 60 games. It actually is a good sign if you're playing around .500 against the elite teams.
some of these "bubble teams" looking pretty bad

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy