[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trevor Ariza Article in SLAM Magazine...
Author Thread
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
10/25/2004  5:55 PM
It's on page 58, part of the In Your Face section. SLAM is seriously the best and realest bball magazine I've seen. They predict stuff so well and it's not their fault if anyone featured on their cover gets traded or cursed
Anyways... good read.
http://allknicks.com
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/25/2004  6:01 PM
Care to sum it up for the rest of us who don't have it?
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2004  6:52 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

It's on page 58, part of the In Your Face section. SLAM is seriously the best and realest bball magazine I've seen. They predict stuff so well and it's not their fault if anyone featured on their cover gets traded or cursed
Anyways... good read.
Is it just a one page story or is it a big article?
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
10/25/2004  7:12 PM
one page story

"I think i could've done more than wha i did in college," ariza says. "but i cant realli talk on the past, cuase whats done is done, going into college, my goal was to get better as a player, and i felt i did that."

and then some stuff bout him getting picked low but earned a contract due to his good summer league, where he posted 14 7

And then talking bout how he is not gonna get minutes fighting for minutes behind jamal allan, penny, and shandon. LOL. Ariza promises he wont sweat it, "i look at the veterans as teachers, because they.ve been through what im getting ready to go though, he says i think i can learn someting from everybody."
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
10/25/2004  7:15 PM
Its just a one page story...
Here I'll type it up for y'all

FAST LEARNER
TREVOR ARIZA

He wasn't the first and he certainly won't be the last, but more than anyone, Carmelo Anthony made the one-and-done option look nice as hell: Lead your team in scoring wire-to-wire; guide it into the TOurney and bend six straight opponents to your will; cut down the nets, collect your ring and bolt for the Lottery paper three months later. Simple, right? Well, maybe for Melo, but as a rule, he's the exception.
Trevor Ariza's experience is a bit more realistic. A year behind Carmelo, he was a SLAM honorable mention All-American in 2003, good enough to have flirted with the NBA jump but smart enough to have backed away frmo the ledge. Instead, the 6-7 wing from L.A.'s Westchester High stayed close to home and signed on with UCLA, hoping to lead the Bruins back to glory. He started 23 games as a rook, but glory wasn't in the plans; Ariza averaged a decent 11.6 points and 6.5 boards per, while the Bruins went 11-17 and lost in the first round of the Pac-10 tournament.
"I think I could've done more than what I did in college," Ariza says. "But I can't really talk on the past, 'cause what's done is done. Going into college, my goal was to get better as a player, and I felt I did that."
Like we said, he's not stupid - smart enough not to dwell on disappointment, and to know that despite a somewhat underwhelming freshman campaign, he was ready for the jump. Though given no promises about his status - "Everything was up in the air," he says now - Ariza declared for the '04 Draft, busted his tail in pre-Draft workouts, then waited a round and a half before hearing the Knicks call his name at No. 43. It wasn't the Lottery, not even a first-round guarantee, but the door was open, and Ariza made sure not to let it shut. Back on his home turf in July, he averaged 14 and 7 for the Knicks' squad in the Long Becah Summer Pro League, and in early August, the 'Bockers rewarded him with a contract.
Of course, a roster spot is one thing; actually getting NBA burn is another. Ariza played 34 minutes a game for the Knicks' summer league enytry, but with veterans like Allan Houston, Jamal Crawford, Penny Hardaway, and Shandon Anderson fighting for minutes at thet two and three, the rook will probably average closer to 3.4 mpg once the games count. Ariza promises he won't sweat it. "I look at the veterans as teachers, because they've been through what I'm getting read to go through," he says. "I think I can learn something from everybody." Smart kid.-RYAN JONES.
NBA|SG/SF|no. 21

Phew! That was some typing exercise!
http://allknicks.com
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/25/2004  8:16 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

I
Phew! That was some typing exercise!

Thanks man. That's giving it up for the team!

This statemnett got to me:

with veterans like Allan Houston, Jamal Crawford, Penny Hardaway, and Shandon Anderson fighting for minutes at thet two and three, the rook will probably average closer to 3.4 mpg once the games count

Sorry to be crude, but Slam Magazine: B**w me!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/25/2004  8:17 PM
Slam gets everybody that can play ball in their mag. They will find you and do a story. Great mag.....

I got the first one with LJ on the cover.
There is a article with Paul Pierce in the first one before he went to Kansas. They were talking more about the other guy in the article than Pierce.....the other guy faded into obscurity while...well duh!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Trevor Ariza Article in SLAM Magazine...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy