frank williams...available?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/25/2004  4:44 PM
Shoot, keeping Pargo seems like a no-brainer for Bulls

October 25, 2004

Jannero Pargo can put the ball in the basket, and that could be enough to land him a job with the Bulls. Although the 6-1 point guard is the Bulls' best shooter, he has a non-guaranteed contract and is on the bubble because he is one of five point guards fighting for a job on a team that likely will carry only two (and no more than three).

Bulls operations chief John Paxson last week released 5-11 Mike Wilks and his $720,046 guaranteed salary. That leaves Pargo competing with 6-1 rookie Chris Duhon and 6-3 veteran Frank Williams to join 6-3 veteran Kirk Hinrich and 6-3 rookie Ben Gordon on the roster.

A recent report suggested the Bulls were so happy about Pargo's shooting skills that they have decided to keep him.

"That's news to me,'' Pargo said Saturday before the Bulls took on the Toronto Raptors in a preseason game at the United Center. "Nobody in the Bulls has told me that I have a job sewed up. So I can't afford to relax. I've got to go out and play every game as if it's my last.''

A couple hours later, Pargo came off the bench with 10 minutes left in the game and scored 13 of his 15 fourth-quarter points in the last 6:54 to rally the Bulls from a 15-point, fourth-quarter deficit -- though they still lost 91-89.

"When you come in, you just have to be ready to play ... [and] make the most of it,'' Pargo said. "I got in a rhythm, and my teammates helped me out by screening and getting me the ball. Fortunately, I was able to knock down shots.''

Coach Scott Skiles was not surprised.

"That is what Jannero does,'' Skiles said. "On nights when we struggle, he shoots and scores and gets things going. ... I was in constant search for a lineup to play with some energy. He made some baskets and got us going.

''When you're looking at players ... you look and ask, 'Do they have an NBA skill? Is there something they do at an NBA level?' And he does. He has an NBA skill shooting the ball. The great players have three, four and five different skills. On nights like this, he is very valuable.''

And because the Bulls continue to rebuild with one of the league's youngest teams, there are going to be many nights when they have trouble scoring. That makes keeping Pargo a must, especially since Gordon has yet to get untracked and 6-9 reserve forward Eddie Robinson, another good shooter, is likely to be traded or released along with Williams.

"I call Jannero 'Microwave' because he gets hot quick,'' Bulls forward Antonio Davis said. "Considering all the circumstances, it would be a shame if we don't keep him.''

And Pargo almost certainly will be snatched by another team if the Bulls release him.

A Chicago native and former Robeson High School star, Pargo is shooting 47.8 percent from the field while the Bulls are shooting 38 percent as a team. Pargo is averaging 4.5 points a game because he is playing just 7.8 minutes a game.

Last season, Pargo came off the Bulls' bench to score a career-high 34 points while playing 38 minutes in a 115-105 loss to the playoff-bound Milwaukee Bucks. If the Bulls, the league's worst-shooting team last season (41.4 percent), can afford to pay some $13 million this season to Scottie Pippen, Robinson, Wilks and Williams not to play, they can afford to spend a couple million on Pargo.

NOTE: Bulls players greeting fans tonight at the United Center before the game against the Washington Wizards (7:30 p.m., Comcast Sports Net) will be Tyson Chandler at Gate 2, Andres Nocioni at Gate 3, Eddy Curry at Gate 6 and Kirk Hinrich at Gate 7.

if he gets released, cut brewer and moochie and bring back frank.
btw, reports do say that frank came into camp a little out of shape and fell out of favor with skiles.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 10/25/2004 16:45:03]
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2004  4:50 PM
I'd love to have Frank back in our system. The only problem is that there wouldn't be a lot of playing time for him right now. There could be in the future, though. I'm disappointed and surprised to hear that he showed up out of shape. I thought he was a very hard worker. I wonder what the full story is. (Maybe he was injured and wasn't able to work out as hard? Maybe he had some personal problems?)
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/25/2004  4:54 PM
I'd welcome him back. He's definately an upgrade over Moochie and Brewer.
He would probably have a better chance for his career elsewhere, but if he wants to come back, I would not complain.
Bonn1997
USA
10/25/2004  4:57 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I'd welcome him back. He's definately an upgrade over Moochie and Brewer.
He would probably have a better chance for his career elsewhere, but if he wants to come back, I would not complain.
Yeah, I think he'd go somewhere where it would look like he'd get more playing time and a chance to get a better contract.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/25/2004  5:02 PM
The best place for Frank would probably be Houston. They need a PG, and he could compete for Starter with Ward and Lue.
Besides, I hear if you're an ex-knick, you're welcome in Houston.
Bonn1997
USA
10/25/2004  5:23 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

The best place for Frank would probably be Houston. They need a PG, and he could compete for Starter with Ward and Lue.
Besides, I hear if you're an ex-knick, you're welcome in Houston.
Yeah, but that's only if you're ten years past your prime!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/25/2004  5:47 PM
That makes keeping Pargo a must, especially since Gordon has yet to get untracked and 6-9 reserve forward Eddie Robinson, another good shooter, is likely to be traded or released along with Williams.

Shandon, cash & a 2nd round pick for E-Rob & Frank, buy out E-Rob & waive him...that way you at least get something back in return over simply buying out Shandon's remainining contract, & the Bulls get a veteran player who they could use to help w/the younger guys & get rid of their unwanted excess.

C - KT / Nazr
PF - Sweetney / Baker / JYD
SF - TT / Ariza
SG - Crawford / Penny
PG - Marbury / Frank / Brewer
IR - Houston / Moochie / Sundov
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
10/25/2004  6:51 PM
If you do that trade, KEEP E-Rob and use his expiring contract in 9 months
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
10/25/2004  8:55 PM
I don't want him back. Watching him be benched in favor of that bum Moochie is just too painful.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2004  8:51 AM
reality might be frank just might not be that good. he is not progressing enough. If he is hurt, then he can't maintain a healthy body to play NBA ball. He has had two years.

He needs to get out of Chicago and get run somewhere else and quick. I think Duhan has done real well and will beat him for the back up spot.

NBA is cruel. Frank is better than Mooch, but The mooch got him a contract. Reality sucks!
TRU
Member: #196
USA
10/26/2004  8:59 AM

You guys kill me.

Worrying about the 18th spot in the lineup.

Like we don't have other problems.

Stop smokin' them tweeds.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
djsunyc
10/26/2004  9:03 AM
now if marbury gets hurt, or crawford, who do you want coming off the bench, moochie, brewer, or frank?
TRU
USA
10/26/2004  9:15 AM
Penny.

Dog, if Marbs gets hurt, we're up the creek anyway.

Stop worrying about Frank Williams.

Some women just love men who underachieve.

And, oh yeah...

Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
djsunyc
10/26/2004  9:23 AM
Posted by TRU:

Penny.

Dog, if Marbs gets hurt, we're up the creek anyway.

Stop worrying about Frank Williams.

Some women just love men who underachieve.

And, oh yeah...

huh?

you do realize we need a guard ROTATION and with h20's status up in the air, i'm assuming penny and crawford start so somebody has to get off the bench.

and in case you forget, frank played his way into the starting lineup last season and played VERY well with marbury. is he a star, of course not, but he's solid.

and i'm not worrying, i'm just saying that if he's available, we should seriously consider trying to bring him back, that's all.

you need to stop worrying how to make your posts stand out with all those colors and bells & whistles.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
10/26/2004  9:53 AM
I'd LOVE to have Frankie back....do you realize that if they do cut him and we do resign him, than the Craw trade looks like this...

Othella, Mutumbo, Trybinski for Crawford and Williams
~You can't run from who you are.~
Nalod
USA
10/26/2004  10:02 AM
If you can run off Mooch, then there is spot open.

It may just be that Isiah prefers Brewer regardless of what Frank did last year.

We should bring him back just so we can throw him into every trade proposal.
TRU
USA
10/26/2004  11:49 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

huh?

you do realize we need a guard ROTATION and with h20's status up in the air, i'm assuming penny and crawford start so somebody has to get off the bench.

and in case you forget, frank played his way into the starting lineup last season and played VERY well with marbury. is he a star, of course not, but he's solid.

and i'm not worrying, i'm just saying that if he's available, we should seriously consider trying to bring him back, that's all.

you need to stop worrying how to make your posts stand out with all those colors and bells & whistles.

Solid?

Is that why he's about to get cut?

Man lost a family member and curled up in a fetal position.

Maybe you like those "sensitive" men.

[IMG_block] http://www.nba.com/media/act_frank_williams.jpg [/IMG_block]

Frank Williams is about as solid as a case of the runs.

Good riddin's.

Maybe after he's cut you can hire him to do some topless housecleaning.
Nalod
USA
10/26/2004  11:53 AM

I thought Frank hid his broken wrist well for a while, then it went in summerleauge his rookie summer. he lost so much time he was ineffective. I thought sweets lost his pops last year and got off to a slow start.

In any event, thats and interesting take on things.
TRU
USA
10/26/2004  12:06 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I thought Frank hid his broken wrist well for a while, then it went in summerleauge his rookie summer. he lost so much time he was ineffective. I thought sweets lost his pops last year and got off to a slow start.

In any event, thats and interesting take on things.

Nalod

I'm surprised you don't remember

And more surprised you doubted me.

Sweetney feeling at home

By FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Originally published on March 8, 2004

WASHINGTON - Power forward Michael Sweetney has more personal trainers that most A-list celebrities. Before and after every practice, there are sometimes three and four coaches working with Sweetney on everything from his low-post moves to his conditioning.
That work may be starting to pay off. The rookie had his best game yet yesterday, scoring seven points and grabbing a career-high 10 rebounds. Sweetney, who is deceptively quick, had seven offensive rebounds....

... Frank Williams missed his second straight game following the death of his mother.

djsunyc
10/26/2004  12:10 PM
Posted by TRU:
Posted by djsunyc:

huh?

Solid?

Is that why he's about to get cut?

Man lost a family member and curled up in a fetal position.

Maybe you like those "sensitive" men.

[IMG_block] http://www.nba.com/media/act_frank_williams.jpg [/IMG_block]

Frank Williams is about as solid as a case of the runs.

Good riddin's.

Maybe after he's cut you can hire him to do some topless housecleaning.

dude, how old are you?
frank williams...available?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy