[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How 'bout some small ball?
Author Thread
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
10/25/2004  4:44 PM
The Suns are set to start with Nash, Q-Rich, JJ, Marion and Amare.

Maybe we need to do the same. Start with

Steph
Crawford
Penny/H2O
TT
Sweets/KT

I know the Sweets as center thing sounds weird, but we would be so quick, we would run most people off the ball without having to worry about half-court sets, who sets up on the high block etc. Just run all day ala '99.

Thoughts?
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/25/2004  4:57 PM
I really don't feel comfortable with that lineup. Allan wouldn't be able to stop any of the taller or quicker 3s out there. He may be able to play there for short stretches when we need a basket, but that's it.
I have no problem with Kurt at C, but Sweets is a PF. I don't think he can pull off anytime at C. This isn't college anymore.
I would be able to tolerate TT at PF, but I'd feel better with him at SF.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2004  5:00 PM
If you're going to put TT at PF and/or use someone other than Kurt, Vin, or Nazy at C, you've gotta use our best rebounder and defender at the 3, which looks like Ariza. I still don't really like that lineup, though. Maybe you could experiment with it under some circumstances, though.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
10/25/2004  5:10 PM
I know were all high on ariza bonn, but our best defender and rebounder at 3 is JYD.
and matt, I think you forget, houston doesn't do too much stopping at SG either. lol.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2004  5:12 PM
my thought is the Suns will lose a lot of games asking Marion to guard the PFs of the west. They will get beat on the boards, especially late in games were every posession counts. They have talent, but would be better served to be less talented and more balanced.

If you traded Marion for Dampier the Suns win 10 more games. Dampier has half Marion's talent, but twice his worth (to the Suns). Thats size in the NBA.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/25/2004  5:27 PM
Posted by firefly:

I know were all high on ariza bonn, but our best defender and rebounder at 3 is JYD.
and matt, I think you forget, houston doesn't do too much stopping at SG either. lol.

Yeah, it's true that Allan isn't exactly a defensive stopper, but he can atleast hold his own at the 2. Sorry, but I can unfortunately see Allan getting stuffed, time after time, at the 3 spot.

I would like to go with that type of lineup, let's say in the closing seconds when we need a basket. But we would get killed the rest of the game with that specific lineup.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2004  5:27 PM
Posted by fishmike:

my thought is the Suns will lose a lot of games asking Marion to guard the PFs of the west. They will get beat on the boards, especially late in games were every posession counts. They have talent, but would be better served to be less talented and more balanced.

If you traded Marion for Dampier the Suns win 10 more games. Dampier has half Marion's talent, but twice his worth (to the Suns). Thats size in the NBA.
Marion's a great rebounder. I don't think playing him at PF hurts their rebounding, but I think it would hurt their low-post defense because he'd be guarding guys much stronger than he is. They should have gone after a C like Okur instead of getting a swing man they didn't need (Q-Rich)
How 'bout some small ball?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy