[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Does anyone here care if Houston plays opening night????
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2004  8:48 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

We obviously could use him after what happened in the playoffs last year. The problem is I don't think he'll last past 20 games because the moron refused to have surgery in the off-season. If he does come back I would like to see Crawford get the 10 backup point guard minutes.
surgury for what? It ever occur to people that avoid surgury is a GOOD thing? Anyone here ever have knee surgury? Houston didnt have a tear or a rip.
You're right that sometimes surgery is unnecessary. But Houston did not take the right steps this summer to determine if it was necessary. He was encouraged to get an MRI but declined it because he claimed to know he didn't need surgery. He was also encouraged to undergo a 15 minute diagnostic arthroscopic procedure, but again declined it because he claimed to know he didn't need it. It's true that sometimes surgery is not the best option, but that decision needs to be an informed one, not one that an athlete makes based on guessing what he needs.

You think Houston is just guessing as to what kind of injury he has and is that cavalier as to how to treat it? You don't think he has seen doctors outside of the Knicks organization, giving him second and possibly third opinions? Those comments are beyond asinine.

I guess you would compare a "15 minute" arthroscopic procedure to cleaning your teeth or something. It's still surgery, believe it or not.
Don't you have the maturity to make an argument without resorting to name calling like "asinine"??

Regarding the content of your post, there were articles with direct quotes from this summer showing that his doctors wanted him to have an MRI and diagnostic arthroscopic surgery but Houston refused. No, a diagnostic arthroscopic surgery is not brushing your teeth. It would require crutches for about three days. It could save you a lot of trouble in the long-term, though, and that's why the experts were recommending it.

I don't know we are REALLY second-guessing here, aren't we? A guy like H2O who's been such a total pro and a clean liver for so many years and has been such a trooper about his injuries and rehab, I'd extend him the benefit of the doubt on his decisions. He wants to resume his career, and as effectively as possible.
Nope; not second-guessing. From the very beginning, I wanted him to start listening to his doctors
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/25/2004  9:20 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

We obviously could use him after what happened in the playoffs last year. The problem is I don't think he'll last past 20 games because the moron refused to have surgery in the off-season. If he does come back I would like to see Crawford get the 10 backup point guard minutes.
surgury for what? It ever occur to people that avoid surgury is a GOOD thing? Anyone here ever have knee surgury? Houston didnt have a tear or a rip.
You're right that sometimes surgery is unnecessary. But Houston did not take the right steps this summer to determine if it was necessary. He was encouraged to get an MRI but declined it because he claimed to know he didn't need surgery. He was also encouraged to undergo a 15 minute diagnostic arthroscopic procedure, but again declined it because he claimed to know he didn't need it. It's true that sometimes surgery is not the best option, but that decision needs to be an informed one, not one that an athlete makes based on guessing what he needs.

You think Houston is just guessing as to what kind of injury he has and is that cavalier as to how to treat it? You don't think he has seen doctors outside of the Knicks organization, giving him second and possibly third opinions? Those comments are beyond asinine.

I guess you would compare a "15 minute" arthroscopic procedure to cleaning your teeth or something. It's still surgery, believe it or not.
Don't you have the maturity to make an argument without resorting to name calling like "asinine"??

Regarding the content of your post, there were articles with direct quotes from this summer showing that his doctors wanted him to have an MRI and diagnostic arthroscopic surgery but Houston refused. No, a diagnostic arthroscopic surgery is not brushing your teeth. It would require crutches for about three days. It could save you a lot of trouble in the long-term, though, and that's why the experts were recommending it.

I don't know we are REALLY second-guessing here, aren't we? A guy like H2O who's been such a total pro and a clean liver for so many years and has been such a trooper about his injuries and rehab, I'd extend him the benefit of the doubt on his decisions. He wants to resume his career, and as effectively as possible.
Nope; not second-guessing. From the very beginning, I wanted him to start listening to his doctors

Ever think that Houston was listening to HIS doctors while being suspect of the Knicks team doctors? The same Knicks team doctors who have a suspect history of dealing with injuries? Just ask Marcus Camby, Houston's ex-teammate.

And who are you to think that you can question how a professional athlete deals with his injuries when you don't even know what doctors he has seen and what he's been told. Oh wait, you read an article in the paper so you must be completely informed on all aspects of his injury and treatment. Sorry Dr. Bonn.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2004  10:35 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Ever think that Houston was listening to HIS doctors while being suspect of the Knicks team doctors? The same Knicks team doctors who have a suspect history of dealing with injuries? Just ask Marcus Camby, Houston's ex-teammate.

And who are you to think that you can question how a professional athlete deals with his injuries when you don't even know what doctors he has seen and what he's been told. Oh wait, you read an article in the paper so you must be completely informed on all aspects of his injury and treatment. Sorry Dr. Bonn.
Apology accepted, Dr. Idiot!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2004  10:52 PM
Hey, I stayed in a holiday inn last nite and figured it out.

funny, guys get surgery we bitch about the hack doc. And if they don't, we bitch anyway.

Team wants the fasted recovery for the money they pay. Usually players do too. Alan likely got a prognosis that said you can take the long road and get it right, or get cut, heal faster, but it may not be as strong.

They call it PRACTICING medicine cuz it not an exact science.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/26/2004  8:24 AM
in all honesty, if it takes h20 until march to come back, then fine b/c all i want is him healthy for the playoffs. if he plays last season, we may have won both games at the garden and possibly pushed the nets to a 7 game series.

i don't care what medical choices he made on his knee as long as he's back. 20-25 mins/night this season is all that i ask for.
Does anyone here care if Houston plays opening night????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy