[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Does anyone here care if Houston plays opening night????
Author Thread
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

10/25/2004  4:16 AM
it seems like there is a lot of pressure coming from the papers they keep talking about it like its do or die if he is ready for game 1... personally i couldent give 2 ****s... my #1 concern is he is totally 100% comfertable and healthy... even if it means havin surgery, watever it may be.. i dont want a half a allan houston i would rather have none and wait for a full one...

im sure most people agree

the pressure prolly comes form his contract.. but thats not fair cuz no matter how much u get paid u cant control injuries
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/25/2004  8:53 AM
I for one am disappointed he is not ready and would like to see him out on the court. I dont see this team winning without him.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/25/2004  9:00 AM
Posted by Elite:

it seems like there is a lot of pressure coming from the papers they keep talking about it like its do or die if he is ready for game 1... personally i couldent give 2 ****s... my #1 concern is he is totally 100% comfertable and healthy... even if it means havin surgery, watever it may be.. i dont want a half a allan houston i would rather have none and wait for a full one...

im sure most people agree

the pressure prolly comes form his contract.. but thats not fair cuz no matter how much u get paid u cant control injuries

I'm with you. Not only do i want to see him as healthy as possible, think of the lift it will provide the team when he does return. To add that kind of an outside scoring threat is going to be a huge lift. And I think concerns about PT are bunk. I think he and Crawford will have no problems with it.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2004  9:06 AM
THe signing of Crawford gives us a luxury we have not had in years in the event Allan is delayed, or Marbury gets injured. It allows both of then recover fully.

THe addition of Craw actually enhances the investment we have in both Marbs and allan. These guys are like $30mil in salary!

Its hard to know the truth, but the allan deserves some passes given he rushed back and played hurt all of last year. Im happy the reports sound like he's pain free, and moving well.

I hope he comes back and dunks, plays defense, and slashes more!

hey, if he's healthy, why not. Im not ready for him to be Dell Curry.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/25/2004  9:28 AM
We obviously could use him after what happened in the playoffs last year. The problem is I don't think he'll last past 20 games because the moron refused to have surgery in the off-season. If he does come back I would like to see Crawford get the 10 backup point guard minutes.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2004  9:35 AM
When he eventually returns, he should be able to last more than 20 games if his minutes are managed intelligently
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
10/25/2004  9:42 AM
This is a good post. I don't care very much about his return in 1st week or even month of the season if he's really getting more healthy. Interesting, tho, that the pressure seems to be coming from Lenny as well as press.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2004  9:49 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

We obviously could use him after what happened in the playoffs last year. The problem is I don't think he'll last past 20 games because the moron refused to have surgery in the off-season. If he does come back I would like to see Crawford get the 10 backup point guard minutes.
surgury for what? It ever occur to people that avoid surgury is a GOOD thing? Anyone here ever have knee surgury? Houston didnt have a tear or a rip.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
10/25/2004  10:20 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

surgury for what? It ever occur to people that avoid surgury is a GOOD thing? Anyone here ever have knee surgury? Houston didnt have a tear or a rip.

Ok fair enough. I just hope Kurt Thomas doesn't have to take any more game winning 3-pointers because Allan Houston can't move without the ball and get open.
fishmike
USA
10/25/2004  10:41 AM
Ok fair enough. I just hope Kurt Thomas doesn't have to take any more game winning 3-pointers because Allan Houston can't move without the ball and get open.
man I will drink to that.

Remember that one KT actually MADE?!?!? JVG was that coach way back then. I remember JVG yelling NOOOOOO!!!!! when crazy eyes launched the ball, then KT is talking all cool about how he practices that shot a lot just for these types of moments. Unreal..

Your right though about one thing. Getting Houston back will give us a lot of nice weapons in those final shot scenarios. I thought last year against Dallas we got a little taste of what it could be like to have the great penetrator and the great shooter together in Marbs/H20. Tobad it only lasted like a week.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
10/25/2004  11:32 AM
Frankly, I don't give a danm whether or not Allan returns. This Knick team needs to focus on getting some sort of chemistry going between the players that we have around now. Starburry, Crawff, TT, Sweetn, Naser, Kurt, Vinny, Arizza, Brewer, JYD. These are definitely the ten players that the Knicks have to put their faith on. As far as I am concern, Houston is hurt and I don't expect him back anytime soon. HOuston problems right now are his state of mind. He is not confident about his knees, and he will never regain his confidence until he starts playing again. He has been off for more than a year, and IMO that is way too much.
The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
USA
10/25/2004  12:03 PM
how has he been off for more than a year? He played 50 games last year... Also Houston shut it down for 3 weeks and when he came back he played at a very high level, and probably would have continued to play, if not for that knee to knee collision that KOed him.
Nalod
USA
10/25/2004  2:54 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Frankly, I don't give a danm whether or not Allan returns. This Knick team needs to focus on getting some sort of chemistry going between the players that we have around now. Starburry, Crawff, TT, Sweetn, Naser, Kurt, Vinny, Arizza, Brewer, JYD. These are definitely the ten players that the Knicks have to put their faith on. As far as I am concern, Houston is hurt and I don't expect him back anytime soon. HOuston problems right now are his state of mind. He is not confident about his knees, and he will never regain his confidence until he starts playing again. He has been off for more than a year, and IMO that is way too much.

Thats weird, cuz when after he got off the phone with you, he called me and said he was not rushing anything and that Isiah wants Craw to aclimate to the team anyway. He also told me if Craw broke out fast he might trade him and TT for Carter. But that was remote at best. Alan averaged 18.4 pts per game in 50 games. He only missed like 4 games previous in his career. He thinks it funny that fans have the attention span of a fly.

He said despite your fabrications, he loves you , and all of gods children even if they boo him. He seems to feel its about money.

He earns more in the time it took to write a post than most will make in a year!
Bonn1997
USA
10/25/2004  3:02 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

You're right that sometimes surgery is unnecessary. But Houston did not take the right steps this summer to determine if it was necessary. He was encouraged to get an MRI but declined it because he claimed to know he didn't need surgery. He was also encouraged to undergo a 15 minute diagnostic arthroscopic procedure, but again declined it because he claimed to know he didn't need it. It's true that sometimes surgery is not the best option, but that decision needs to be an informed one, not one that an athlete makes based on guessing what he needs.
Nalod
USA
10/25/2004  4:18 PM
Dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't.

Kwazimodal
Member: #728
10/25/2004  4:28 PM
If the team has a poor shooting pct later in the season and its costing us games that might be the difference between a high seed or even the playoffs altogether then Im sure a bunch of us on this board will miss him.Right now the answer is no because it gives Crawford the chance to get into a rhythm playing with Marbury.
Bonn1997
USA
10/25/2004  4:33 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't.
More like: Thank you if you do at least get a diagnostic procedure (at least an MRI) to determine whether you do or don't need surgery. Damned if you just guess without the advice of experts on whether you need surgery
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/25/2004  7:42 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

You're right that sometimes surgery is unnecessary. But Houston did not take the right steps this summer to determine if it was necessary. He was encouraged to get an MRI but declined it because he claimed to know he didn't need surgery. He was also encouraged to undergo a 15 minute diagnostic arthroscopic procedure, but again declined it because he claimed to know he didn't need it. It's true that sometimes surgery is not the best option, but that decision needs to be an informed one, not one that an athlete makes based on guessing what he needs.

You think Houston is just guessing as to what kind of injury he has and is that cavalier as to how to treat it? You don't think he has seen doctors outside of the Knicks organization, giving him second and possibly third opinions? Those comments are beyond asinine.

I guess you would compare a "15 minute" arthroscopic procedure to cleaning your teeth or something. It's still surgery, believe it or not.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Bonn1997
USA
10/25/2004  8:03 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

You think Houston is just guessing as to what kind of injury he has and is that cavalier as to how to treat it? You don't think he has seen doctors outside of the Knicks organization, giving him second and possibly third opinions? Those comments are beyond asinine.

I guess you would compare a "15 minute" arthroscopic procedure to cleaning your teeth or something. It's still surgery, believe it or not.
Don't you have the maturity to make an argument without resorting to name calling like "asinine"??

Regarding the content of your post, there were articles with direct quotes from this summer showing that his doctors wanted him to have an MRI and diagnostic arthroscopic surgery but Houston refused. No, a diagnostic arthroscopic surgery is not brushing your teeth. It would require crutches for about three days. It could save you a lot of trouble in the long-term, though, and that's why the experts were recommending it.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/25/2004  8:09 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Don't you have the maturity to make an argument without resorting to name calling like "asinine"??

Regarding the content of your post, there were articles with direct quotes from this summer showing that his doctors wanted him to have an MRI and diagnostic arthroscopic surgery but Houston refused. No, a diagnostic arthroscopic surgery is not brushing your teeth. It would require crutches for about three days. It could save you a lot of trouble in the long-term, though, and that's why the experts were recommending it.

I don't know we are REALLY second-guessing here, aren't we? A guy like H2O who's been such a total pro and a clean liver for so many years and has been such a trooper about his injuries and rehab, I'd extend him the benefit of the doubt on his decisions. He wants to resume his career, and as effectively as possible.
Does anyone here care if Houston plays opening night????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy