Fav Knick Ever?
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/25/2004  4:59 PM
6)Derek Jeter. (just kidding)

There's an idea. Stick the entire Yankee team on the court and see what they can do.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/25/2004  5:40 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

1. Starks
2. LJ
3. Ward
4. Childs
5. Houston

i think Ariza, Crawford & JYD definitely have a good shot of making the list if they stick around long enough...i love how all 3 of them play & approach the game.
You got no love for what Patrick did for our organization?

of course i do...he was just never 1 of my favorite players...i liked the guys who did the dirty work in the background while the stars got the media attention...guys who fought tooth & nail for this franchise & never really got the accolades that other guys did...

John Starks was always playing in Ewing's shadow, but this guy was the embodiment of what a Knick player was back in the day...tough, don't take any crap from anyone, never back down, no matter who it is, good defender, & tenacious as hell...i'll never forget the battles he & Reggie Miller used to get into, his kissing the Knicks logo at halfcourt at MSG, or his monster dunk in the face of Jordan & Grant in the playoffs...he's my #1 alltime favorite, no doubt about it...

someone like LJ came here as a shadow of his former self in CHA, but he was still a great role player for us, & he was a leader in the lockerroom as well...& who can ever forget his fight w/Alonzo in the trenches during the playoffs? (well, ok, so it wasn't really a fight since no one could land a punch, but hey, it's the thought that counts)...

then there's Ward & Childs, 2 of the toughest Knicks I've ever rooted for...both embodied the Knick spirit that i described above to the tee as well...Ward i liked going back to his days as a QB at Florida State, & he carried over his toughness to the basketball court...& who can't love someone who punches Kobe Bryant in the face w/a nice left-right combo?

Allan Houston imo has been 1 of the most underappreciated players this organization has had in the time i've been following them (from a fans' standpoint - not in contractual terms)...ever since he's been here, he's played in the shadow of guys who garnered more attention from NY fans like Ewing, Spree, Camby, Oakley...but imo, he's been as big of a reason as any of the rest of them for the Knicks' success in the mid-late 90's...& for me, there's nothing more beautiful to watch in basketball than to see him rising up for that sweet jumper w/someone in his face & listening to the sound the ball makes when it swishes through the hoop w/nothing but net...when he's on his game, he's just as unstoppable as Kobe or T-Mac...but because he doesn't get the flashy dunks, the tattoos or the cool looking corn rows in his hair, he's looked down upon i guess by some fans.

don't get me wrong, just because i didn't include Ewing doesn't mean i hated the guy...he's just not 1 of my top 5 of alltime that i had an affinity for.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/25/2004  8:21 PM
TMS, that is a quality post! Love the passion!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/25/2004  8:26 PM
I think the greatest Knicks ever was Bernard King. Talk about a guy that just was feared in the league.....Bernard was the King.

Besides King I always like Starks and Derek Harper cuz of their heart. X-Man and Anthony Mason were to favs too. Johnny Newman was good as a Knick too. Don't forget Oak.

Too bad Rolando Blackman was washed up once he got to the Knicks....I loved him as a player.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/25/2004  8:29 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I think the greatest Knicks ever was Bernard King. Talk about a guy that just was feared in the league.....Bernard was the King.

Besides King I always like Starks and Derek Harper cuz of their heart. X-Man and Anthony Mason were to favs too. Johnny Newman was good as a Knick too. Don't forget Oak.

Too bad Rolando Blackman was washed up once he got to the Knicks....I loved him as a player.

I did love it when Harper beat the crap out of some scrub Bull right at the feet of an AGHAST David Stern!!
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
10/25/2004  10:27 PM
Reed
Clyde
Monroe
LJ
Houston
Spree
Oakley

Sweetney, JYD and crawford got a great chance to be on that list
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/26/2004  2:07 AM
1- Ewing
2- Houston
3- Camby
4- Childs
5- Oakley
6- Starks
7- Sprewell
8- LJ
9- Ward

And it's just a shame that the Houston from just a couple of years ago or any Sprewell couldn't play with the old Knicks, in the early '90s. Or it's too bad Camby couldn't play on that '96- '97 team, b/c we would have won a championship. Oh wait, he would have joined that damned brawl too.

Those are the guys I have loved though, since I became a Knick fan in 1993.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/26/2004  8:22 AM
#1 - patrick ewing
#2 - allan houston
#3 - mike sweetney

i liked alot of other players but those are the only three that i actually cheer for and keep talking (most of the time defending) about to other people.

btw, starks was awesome as a teammate but in all reality, he just wasn't that good. same goes for mason and every other knick except oakley. that's why we never won a title with ewing.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/26/2004  10:52 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by EnySpree:

I did love it when Harper beat the crap out of some scrub Bull right at the feet of an AGHAST David Stern!!

That dudes name was Jo Jo English.....his soul purpose was to try and get Derek Harper mad so he can get som techs, lose focus, or get into a fight......which all of the above happened.

Funny how that bench clearing rule din't apply on that day but it did in Miami.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Fav Knick Ever?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy