[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

one more problem
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/25/2004  9:33 PM
Well,if you cant find anything good to say about Isiah and yet you defend Layden,possibly the worst GM we have ever had then I hate to say it but you played yourself.

I gave you an opportunity to show that you arent a straight hater,I hope you will prove people wrong.
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/25/2004  9:53 PM
I played myself?? Umm ok. I've been more than fair in my assessment of Isiah. I've said that he's taken the Cablevision checkbook and made improvements. I've also said that they are probably around a 45 win team in a weak conference. What else do you want exactly?

How exactly am I defending Layden when I wanted him fired as much as anybody? Because I give him credit for drafting Sweetney? Umm, he did draft Sweetney, that's pretty much undebatable. I honestly can't think of another reason why you'd say that I was defending Layden. I know this is really hard for some people to understand but criticizing Isiah doesn't mean that you're defending Layden. I guess it's the whole "at least it's better than Layden" syndrome where Isiah should always be above criticism because he's not Layden.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2004  10:38 PM
I played myself Umm ok. I've been more than fair in my assessment of Isiah
Now Isles is into comedy!
Kwazimodal
10/25/2004  10:43 PM
Thankyou for responding Islesfan.I say that you are defending Layden because you did when you said that he wasnt there long enough to give Sweetney a chance when even Sweetney said that his fortunes changed when IT was hired.Its one thing to draft someone but its another to give him a fair chance to succeed which I dont believe Layden did.

Back to my original question which I dont believe you have answered.Exactly what moves do you believe Isiah made has helped the team? Its one thing to say that cablevision has spent more money but under Layden they spent more than anyone else and got worse.

You are right,criticizing Isiah doesnt mean that a person is defending Layden.But correct me if Im wrong but you have defended Layden much more vigorously than you have praised Isiah for any of his moves.Thats why I wonder if there is anything that IT can do to make you satisfied?Arent you glad we got Marbury? Ariza? Crawford? With Houston out who do you believe we could have signed at this point?

I believe Isiah can be an SOB and has made some questionable moves but so far his positives have far outweighed the negatives.Id like to see if you can get past the negatives and acknowledge something however minor that he has done for this team.If not I cant see someone who is seeing both sides of the story so to speak.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2004  10:45 PM
Posted by islesfan:

I played myself?? Umm ok. I've been more than fair in my assessment of Isiah. I've said that he's taken the Cablevision checkbook and made improvements. I've also said that they are probably around a 45 win team in a weak conference. What else do you want exactly?

How exactly am I defending Layden when I wanted him fired as much as anybody? Because I give him credit for drafting Sweetney? Umm, he did draft Sweetney, that's pretty much undebatable. I honestly can't think of another reason why you'd say that I was defending Layden. I know this is really hard for some people to understand but criticizing Isiah doesn't mean that you're defending Layden. I guess it's the whole "at least it's better than Layden" syndrome where Isiah should always be above criticism because he's not Layden.

I have learned if your not hating on laydog, your defending him.

I think Isles protests more than anyting is the rantings of drunk on KoolAideIsiahCanDoNoWrong stupers. I kinda understand that.

Everything in moderation.

Some where between Isles and Hardcore, lies the truth.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/26/2004  8:28 AM
[Some where between Isles and Hardcore, lies the truth.

if that's true, then "the truth" needs to get himself checked out at the clinic ASAP!!!
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/26/2004  12:03 PM
When Zeke was hired Dolan demanded that he made the playoffs. Which is y he was able to get the checkbook. Layden got the checkbook when he came here and with it he signed Houston to a 100mil contract. Traded for in a sign & trade for Anderson agreeing to a huge 7yr contract. Signed Spoon for a huge 6yr contracts. Traded childs ending contract for Jax & Bogues then traded Bogues ending contract for Eisley huge longterm contract. Zeke gets the checkbook and lands Marbury & Jamal Crawford. Hardaway & JWilliams were basicall swapped for Ward-Eisley-Harringtno-Mutombo if Layden never added Eisley & Anderson & Mutombo & Spoon then we wouldn't have had to add Hardaway & Norris & J.Williams and we would have had way more leverage when it came to making deals. Tim Thomas for KVH who Layden brought in they both make the same amount so he didn't add salary with TT. He and he resigned KT to a long term extention for the midlevel and if u look at his production and his importance to the team then its fair value.

As for Norris as much he isn't really needed. He was trade for to make room for Sweetney so I don't blame Zeke for it as I see the reasoning. Plus he has 1 yr less than Spoon and makes less money.

After next season TT-Hardaway-Norris all come off the books. The yr after Houston & Anderson both come off the books thats close to 70million in expiring contracts thats a lot of flexability plus we see guys like Sweetney-Crawford-Ariza showing flashes of brilliance as well as Marbury being Marbury. I see the potential of a good future which is why im willing to stay patient and watch this team grow. The reason why some don't like Zeke's moves is not because they don't see the potential its because they just don't like Zeke and thats were the arguements form.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/26/2004  8:16 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Thankyou for responding Islesfan.I say that you are defending Layden because you did when you said that he wasnt there long enough to give Sweetney a chance when even Sweetney said that his fortunes changed when IT was hired.Its one thing to draft someone but its another to give him a fair chance to succeed which I dont believe Layden did.

That's not defending him, that's just being realistic and fair. How realistic and fair is it to say that Sweetney was supposed to be a contributing member of the rotation just a month and a half into his rookie year? Especially when he came into camp overweight and unprepared for the rigors of professional basketball. And then throw in the fact that the pressure was on Layden and Chaney to win now or lose their jobs, when exactly were they supposed to develop Sweetney.

People love to forget this but Sweetney didn't start playing regularly until the end of February and beginning of March. That's over 2 months after Isiah was hired. That's a few weeks longer than he'd been sitting on the bench under Layden.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Kwazimodal
10/26/2004  10:43 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

That's not defending him, that's just being realistic and fair. How realistic and fair is it to say that Sweetney was supposed to be a contributing member of the rotation just a month and a half into his rookie year? Especially when he came into camp overweight and unprepared for the rigors of professional basketball. And then throw in the fact that the pressure was on Layden and Chaney to win now or lose their jobs, when exactly were they supposed to develop Sweetney.

People love to forget this but Sweetney didn't start playing regularly until the end of February and beginning of March. That's over 2 months after Isiah was hired. That's a few weeks longer than he'd been sitting on the bench under Layden.

I will be happy to respond to your questions when you respond to the one I have asked you in every post on this thread.Exactly what moves has Isiah made that you approve ? As much as I hated Layden I give him props for drafting Sweetney and getting Doleac on the cheap.Now its your turn,answer the question.

one more problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy