[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knick host Clips and I don't know how west coast teams do matinees, 1pm start
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2021  6:25 PM
Even with a loss today, you can feel it

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

1/31/2021  6:28 PM
ScoreBot wrote:
Q4 7:44
NYK 103 LAC 105

Thibs should've inserted Randle and RJ back in here.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2021  6:31 PM
I want the Knicks to win games but this one wasnt realistic. Clippers are a really good team. I was actually thrilled because what I was that RJ vs. Kawhi and PG looked really good. RJ looked like he belonged physically. He defended really well at times and was able to get good shots off and score on those guys. 23 points on 9-14 shooting from RJ in 31 minutes I thought was fantastic vs. those guys. The other guy was IQ vs. Reggie and Lou Williams 2 guys playing really well also looked like he belonged. I will take it!

I am ready for less Burks and maybe some Frank or Knox. The thing I am most excited for is the emerging RJ/IQ career arc. They have the size to really be a 2 way combo that can beat you so many ways for the next decade plus. Every minute they play well is a good minute!

I would like to see us beat the Bulls 2x

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/31/2021  7:16 PM
fishmike wrote:I want the Knicks to win games but this one wasnt realistic. Clippers are a really good team. I was actually thrilled because what I was that RJ vs. Kawhi and PG looked really good. RJ looked like he belonged physically. He defended really well at times and was able to get good shots off and score on those guys. 23 points on 9-14 shooting from RJ in 31 minutes I thought was fantastic vs. those guys. The other guy was IQ vs. Reggie and Lou Williams 2 guys playing really well also looked like he belonged. I will take it!

I am ready for less Burks and maybe some Frank or Knox. The thing I am most excited for is the emerging RJ/IQ career arc. They have the size to really be a 2 way combo that can beat you so many ways for the next decade plus. Every minute they play well is a good minute!

I would like to see us beat the Bulls 2x

Coudn't agree more...Was looking forward to see how RJ sized-up vs Lenard and RJ certainly didn't back-down. Took it to Lenard on more than one occasion. Lenard is stronger, as expected since RJ is 20, but you can definitely see that RJ can and most-likely will be a really good wing in this league. I'm loving the way RJ is not settling as much over these last 10 games and is taking it to the rack. Also like seeing him running some Pick n Rolls with Mitch....When RJ is playing down-hill, he's playing to his strength.

IQ's game is very similar to Lou Williams, but he's a better 3 pt shooter than Lou...It's amazing how quick, Quickley can heat up. He was 3-10 at one point against the Cavs, then caught fire and finished 6-7. The fact that he dropped 25 pts today, and his 3 pt shot was off tells you that Quick is a walking bucket. Very excited about both of these young prospects. A tall pg or an elite wing that can handle and make plays (Cade?) would be perfect to play beside RJ and Quick. That type of player would also help Obi a ton....

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/31/2021  7:51 PM
i see some posts about future lottery luck

Who wouldn't want that

But for people on hand, i want to see KK and Obi develop. I still believe in KK. Obviously not an instant impact guy. but he has his head screwed on straight and he can contribute. Obi right now is high motor but needs to find some rhythm. I wouldn't mind see him playing some 5 and doing son PnR and PnPop ala Amare. Hanging around the three point line isn't exactly his strength.

(5)(5)
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/31/2021  8:34 PM
Chandler wrote:i see some posts about future lottery luck

Who wouldn't want that

But for people on hand, i want to see KK and Obi develop. I still believe in KK. Obviously not an instant impact guy. but he has his head screwed on straight and he can contribute. Obi right now is high motor but needs to find some rhythm. I wouldn't mind see him playing some 5 and doing son PnR and PnPop ala Amare. Hanging around the three point line isn't exactly his strength.

Yeah, like Briggs and others have mentioned Obi's real strength is in the post. Whether it's post moves or rolling to the basket he is a legitimate threat to either score or pass in those situations. But he needs the spacing or someone to PnR with in order to bring out his best. Watching him chill at the 3 point line just feels like only such a small part of his game.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
TPercy
Member: #5748

1/31/2021  10:26 PM
technomaster wrote:
Uptown wrote:
MS wrote:Missed call on the Ibaka push off was egregious.

I think these games are best case scenario. RJ and Quickly looking like a special backcourt for the future. We just need a little more and it’s going to take a couple more lottery picks. Lot of positives this season.

Thibs needs to take guys out when games are over, he been doing it all season with Barrett and Randle. Can’t keep doing this ****.

Agreed with the bolded...Don't like Knox getting a dnp...hopefully this isn't a thing moving forward.

It's not looking good for Knox. Knox, even though he missed a LOT of shots as a rookie, still looked like an NBA player in the making. The Knox we've seen in recent weeks is little more than a spot up 3pt shooter - kind of looks as out of place as Bullock and Ellington did last season.

This game as a 19 year old wasn't that long ago... and he was less physically mature and in shape then too. On the other side, he used to be 2 inches taller and played like it. :p

Wow. I really needed to see that. Aggressive on attacking closeouts. Midrange. Competent finisher. Effortless form. Where the hell has this Knox been?
The Future is Bright!
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/31/2021  11:47 PM
TPercy wrote:
technomaster wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I think these games are best case scenario. RJ and Quickly looking like a special backcourt for the future. We just need a little more and it’s going to take a couple more lottery picks. Lot of positives this season.

Thibs needs to take guys out when games are over, he been doing it all season with Barrett and Randle. Can’t keep doing this ****.

Agreed with the bolded...Don't like Knox getting a dnp...hopefully this isn't a thing moving forward.

It's not looking good for Knox. Knox, even though he missed a LOT of shots as a rookie, still looked like an NBA player in the making. The Knox we've seen in recent weeks is little more than a spot up 3pt shooter - kind of looks as out of place as Bullock and Ellington did last season.

This game as a 19 year old wasn't that long ago... and he was less physically mature and in shape then too. On the other side, he used to be 2 inches taller and played like it. :p

Wow. I really needed to see that. Aggressive on attacking closeouts. Midrange. Competent finisher. Effortless form. Where the hell has this Knox been?

That Knox is like a mini Giannis out there

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
wargames
Member: #6053

2/1/2021  2:07 AM
TPercy wrote:
technomaster wrote:
Uptown wrote:

He’s trying to play the right way. Everyone want to play like that and when Knox tries he turns the ball over. He needs to get a good 3 pt shot if he wants to stick in the league

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
GameThread: Knick host Clips and I don't know how west coast teams do matinees, 1pm start

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy