[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DSJr requests some GLeague time, smart move by him. Wish it happened last year too
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2021  3:33 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/30/2021  3:37 PM
I just put up a similar topic. Please delete mine.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/30/2021  3:45 PM
Good opportunity for him to show NBA scouts and Executives from other organizations that he can still play (or not) with is contract ending this summer. It's a better alternative for him and his future than sitting at the end of the bench collecting dnp's...Good luck to him.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/30/2021  3:56 PM
Uptown wrote:Good opportunity for him to show NBA scouts and Executives from other organizations that he can still play (or not) with is contract ending this summer. It's a better alternative for him and his future than sitting at the end of the bench collecting dnp's...Good luck to him.

Yeah. Frank and Iggy should do the same.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/30/2021  3:58 PM
Smart move, agree. If there was one word to describe Smith jr's game right now, it would be "hesitant"

If Smith jr does anything in G-League, I hope he loses that hesitation. Try to get back the confidence he needs to make a rotation. If not here then somewhere else.

technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
1/30/2021  3:59 PM
Uptown wrote:Good opportunity for him to show NBA scouts and Executives from other organizations that he can still play (or not) with is contract ending this summer. It's a better alternative for him and his future than sitting at the end of the bench collecting dnp's...Good luck to him.

Win-win situation - The fans have moved on to our great new hope in IQ. Showcase him for a potential trade for assets.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/30/2021  4:20 PM
This is great. Not only for the reasons you all mention, but for the maturity/humility/desperation it shows about his career, and honestly he should be feeling all of those. His talent has never been in question. Whatever has happened in the past, he is still in the league and should give it his all to prove he belongs as a valuable piece, whether that’s here or somewhere else.
Knicks_Fan
Uptown
Member: #1883

1/30/2021  5:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2021  6:00 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I know Frank is coming off an injury but it just feels like Frank is not a part of the plans moving forward...Hope I'm wrong but the g league might be a good move for him.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/30/2021  6:19 PM
Well done on his part.
The Future is Bright!
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/30/2021  6:27 PM
Good move. I suggested this a few weeks back. Think G League is exactly what players in the situation he is in should do. You do not improve your game speed on the bench. Think Frank and even Obi could benefit from this as well. Also shows that Smith is more humble than some thought and is willing to do what ever it takes to improve.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
wargames
Member: #6053

1/30/2021  7:08 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Good move. I suggested this a few weeks back. Think G League is exactly what players in the situation he is in should do. You do not improve your game speed on the bench. Think Frank and even Obi could benefit from this as well. Also shows that Smith is more humble than some thought and is willing to do what ever it takes to improve.

On the low they should send a few other guys down there with him.

I also respect the introspection that allows him to know he needs to get reps wherever he can

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
1/30/2021  7:13 PM
wargames wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Good move. I suggested this a few weeks back. Think G League is exactly what players in the situation he is in should do. You do not improve your game speed on the bench. Think Frank and even Obi could benefit from this as well. Also shows that Smith is more humble than some thought and is willing to do what ever it takes to improve.

I also respect the introspection that allows him to know he needs to get reps wherever he can

I hope it is introspection but do feel it's a mix of desperation too

martin
USA
1/30/2021  7:22 PM
JCrusher wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:

It’s not desperation at all

Hard to tell what is going on in anyone's mind. DSJr knows he probably won't get playing time given the rotation and how the team is playing.

I only mention desperation because DSJr is at the very end of his current contract and perhaps of an NBA career (above a min signing some place). He is desperate to do anything to revive himself and I'm sure his agents/people around him - if not himself - encouraged him to get reps where he can to survive a career. I think he was also encouraged to do so last year and refused. This year he is in a whole new position.

Panos
Member: #520
1/30/2021  7:37 PM
JCrusher wrote:
martin wrote:
JCrusher wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:

Its not desperation at all
Hard to tell what is going on in anyone's mind. DSJr knows he probably won't get playing time given the rotation and how the team is playing.

I only mention desperation because DSJr is at the very end of his current contract and perhaps of an NBA career (above a min signing some place). He is desperate to do anything to revive himself and I'm sure his agents/people around him - if not himself - encouraged him to get reps where he can to survive a career. I think he was also encouraged to do so last year and refused. This year he is in a whole new position.

Makes no sense

What about that doesn't make sense?
Makes perfect sense to me.

wargames

1/30/2021  7:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2021  7:50 PM
Panos wrote:
JCrusher wrote:
martin wrote:
JCrusher wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:

Its not desperation at all

Makes no sense

What about that doesn't make sense?
Makes perfect sense to me.

Yep, like people are debating if Frank can minutes and Frank played better than DSJ in his limited minutes. Then Quickley and Payton is ahead of him too. DSJ is definitely on the outside looking in. If he can go to the bubble and play well, he might get another NBA contract and even if he doesn’t his overseas contract will be worth more.

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/31/2021  12:17 AM
Prediction: DSJ will light up the G-league. He is the king of dominating when it don't matter. Pre-season. Summer pick up games. Training camp. Off season work outs.
wargames

1/31/2021  1:27 AM
Have we heard if the Knicks will grant his request? We’re all assuming the Knicks will just say yes.
MS
Member: #724
1/31/2021  10:01 AM
They said yes.

Doesn’t really matter at this point they declined Frank and DSJR options, right move for Smith, wrong move for Frank.

I’m actually surprised this wasn’t done sooner in an effort to move him. You think his agent would have been all over a change of scenery. Lebron has always liked him, I’m surprised the Lakers didn’t try to make a play for him.

Some crazy video of him and Obi dunking in practice which still blows my mind that he’s never able to get to the rim or above it in games. Something just doesn’t make sense with the kid, he really should be double digits off the bench. Definitely mentally weak and focus issues.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/31/2021  12:06 PM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I know Frank is coming off an injury but it just feels like Frank is not a part of the plans moving forward...Hope I'm wrong but the g league might be a good move for him.

Frank is getting the screw

He’ll be a Net next season

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/31/2021  12:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Perry drafted Iggy over Bol Bol

Ugh

DSJr requests some GLeague time, smart move by him. Wish it happened last year too

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy