[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Friday night Knicks v Cavs 730pm
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/29/2021  10:15 PM
Kemet wrote:
Uptown wrote:Quick is the type of high IQ, explosive. late draft steal that us Knick fans usually watch light it on another team and we wish we would gave drafted. Well...that player is a Knick now and other teams fans can complain that their front office blew it and missed out on a steal. Gotta love it...

Quickley's complimentary B.ball has made Knicks Games worth watching .. I did want to see more of the Noel, Obi, Knox, River, and Quickley lineup tho ....

Tonight, Randle did not play point-forward, and the Knicks WON 102 - 81
There were no reason to give Barrett 40 min, and Randle 36 min tonite .. Wsup Thibs ???
The Knicks out-scored the Cavs every quarter of the game, plus the bench lineup took a 20 point lead early in the 4th Qtr..

Huh? Randle didnt take a shot for a large part of the game. He was the main distributor.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler

1/29/2021  10:19 PM
Thibs just said Randle's biggest contribution tonite was playmaking.
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

1/29/2021  10:19 PM
Kemet wrote:
Uptown wrote:Quick is the type of high IQ, explosive. late draft steal that us Knick fans usually watch light it on another team and we wish we would gave drafted. Well...that player is a Knick now and other teams fans can complain that their front office blew it and missed out on a steal. Gotta love it...

Quickley's complimentary B.ball has made Knicks Games worth watching .. I did want to see more of the Noel, Obi, Knox, River, and Quickley lineup tho ....

Tonight, Randle did not play point-forward, and the Knicks WON 102 - 81
There were no reason to give Barrett 40 min, and Randle 36 min tonite .. Wsup Thibs ???
The Knicks out-scored the Cavs every quarter of the game, plus the bench lineup took a 20 point lead early in the 4th Qtr..

I was pretty surprised to see both rj and randle back out there .... would like to see obi get more burn he needs to get in a rhythm.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/29/2021  10:29 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I think I need a IQ jersey

Do they make them yet ?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/29/2021  10:38 PM
What the hell, I slog through that West Coast crap and miss this Sexland must've said something to Quick in preseason to make him come out like this against them.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/30/2021  10:07 AM
Was a great game to watch. Randle was burnt whether from minutes or perhaps something like a cold and the knicks found a way to win and not let up

A good part of the game I thought they were going to hold the cavs to the low 70s

Thibs is exhibit A that coaching really matters and it’s not just him. Players are genuinely all ears listening to Bryant and Payne

Mitche’s fouls are way down. RJ’s shot selection way better. RAndles spinovers way down.

Would like to see more of kk and obi

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2021  12:17 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/30/2021  12:23 PM
Chandler wrote:Was a great game to watch. Randle was burnt whether from minutes or perhaps something like a cold and the knicks found a way to win and not let up

A good part of the game I thought they were going to hold the cavs to the low 70s

Thibs is exhibit A that coaching really matters and it’s not just him. Players are genuinely all ears listening to Bryant and Payne

Mitche’s fouls are way down. RJ’s shot selection way better. RAndles spinovers way down.

Thibs is a star. We have a young team and all the wins are team wins. Good defense, a stead dose of pounding from RJ/Randle and hopefully SOMEONE can shoot it

I also like how Alan Hahn was talking about the offense and how the guys are getting good shots just not hitting them. Our Obi/IQ draft has some nice scoring punch so I really like the option of just improving from within. As other guys start scoring more RJ keeps looking better and better

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/30/2021  12:28 PM
Kinda random but I know potentially missing out on Top 5 sucks but Knicks wins just hit different. Put me in random good moods the day after haha
The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
1/30/2021  12:50 PM
TPercy wrote:Kinda random but I know potentially missing out on Top 5 sucks but Knicks wins just hit different. Put me in random good moods the day after haha

TRUTH

martin
USA
1/30/2021  12:50 PM
GustavBahler

1/30/2021  1:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2021  1:02 PM
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:Was a great game to watch. Randle was burnt whether from minutes or perhaps something like a cold and the knicks found a way to win and not let up

Thibs is a star. We have a young team and all the wins are team wins. Good defense, a stead dose of pounding from RJ/Randle and hopefully SOMEONE can shoot it

I also like how Alan Hahn was talking about the offense and how the guys are getting good shots just not hitting them. Our Obi/IQ draft has some nice scoring punch so I really like the option of just improving from within. As other guys start scoring more RJ keeps looking better and better

Seems a bit premature, but there is no doubt Thibs is getting the most out of our best players. Playing Randle and RJ right to the end concerns me. Im sure part of it is sending a message to some bench players to bring their A game. It also looks like old habits dying hard.

Thibs reminds me of Kevin Costner's character in "Tin Cup" who keeps swinging away in the big tournament, when he should play more conservatively. Would you feel the same way about Thibs if RJ had been seriously hurt in the last minute of the game? I really hope this isnt a trend. Eventually it will catch up with a player.

Garbage time should be for bench players to try to make a case for more minutes. Or keep the core from getting hurt when the game is all but over.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/30/2021  4:15 PM
TPercy wrote:Kinda random but I know potentially missing out on Top 5 sucks but Knicks wins just hit different. Put me in random good moods the day after haha

I know! That’s why I want more. And Knicks being in playoff position while actually earning it on the court feels special even in a low seed.

Won’t lie, every three game losing streak makes the inner tanker come back, but I would love a winning season and some meaningful games with the young squad leading the way.

Knicks_Fan
GameThread: Friday night Knicks v Cavs 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy