[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mitch or Noel needs to be traded
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/17/2021  12:25 PM
Some of the FA suggestions online are pretty putrid. FluTyson? Ilysova? Bleh.

No wonder 1248 doesn't include any suggestions. There are none to make.

AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/18/2021  1:21 PM
TLover wrote:
TPercy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TLover wrote:Paying Mitch big $ could is risk but he does a lot to stabilize our defense.. Noel does this as well but a stretch 5 would be nice. Markkanen at 23yrs would be guy you look at.

Is Lauri a 5? Not sure the bulls even know. Also, not sure he's Thibs type of guy.

Yeah he isn’t a 5. Not a rim protecting one anyway. But it would be nice to acquire a stretch 5 for flexibility purposes. Gorgui Dieng is a good shout for us in FA. Wouldn’t start but would be a nice option to have imo.

Taking a flier on Mo Bomba could be worth it. Let’s see what he does against us tonight.

If he costs us either Frank or Knox and a very future or very protective second I am in, but that is my limit.

~You can't run from who you are.~
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/18/2021  1:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/18/2021  1:23 PM
jrodmc wrote:Some of the FA suggestions online are pretty putrid. FluTyson? Ilysova? Bleh.

Ilyasova can shoot. He may not be a horrible option. I think honestly they need to make a move to upgrade that 3 spot, them signing both guys would be nice.

~You can't run from who you are.~
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/19/2021  8:48 AM
After 6 straight wins, and we have won 80% of our games with Mitch out, your telling me you wouldn't used him in a trade to either move up in the draft or in a trade to level up the PG or wing position.

Nothing against Mitch, but we have been very good without him on both ends

ES
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/19/2021  9:27 AM
knicks1248 wrote:After 6 straight wins, and we have won 80% of our games with Mitch out, your telling me you wouldn't used him in a trade to either move up in the draft or in a trade to level up the PG or wing position.

You're right, we have been good without him, but he would still add an element to the offense we don't currently have. He's so much better around the rim than Noel. And the depth will always be needed. Noel has dodged some bullets this season in terms of health. But I would of course shop around and see what we can get for Mitch.

blkexec
Member: #748
4/19/2021  10:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:After 6 straight wins, and we have won 80% of our games with Mitch out, your telling me you wouldn't used him in a trade to either move up in the draft or in a trade to level up the PG or wing position.

It's a losers mentality to trade a defensive young asset for what, an expensive, inefficient or older asset? You do this if it makes u a championship contender.

We also have a defensive coach...a defensive culture....and known around the league as a top defensive team. And the 1st thing we shouldnt do is trade our best defensive anker because he's injured.

This is the old FO type move. The days of trading away young cheap assets, without a plan is gone. Right now trading mitch is option #120....option #1 is to develop the young assets we currently have, which includes mitch.

The only way I would deviate from that plan, is if we was 1 trade away from being a championship team. Right now that's not the case. Mitch is learning from Noel and Thibs. Mitch is also someone with more potential than Noel based on age alone. If anybody would be traded, I think they trade Noel b4 Mitch. What I'm hoping is Noels recent performance has reduced the asking price for Mitch, since we have shown that we can still win without him in the short-term.

I think the goal is to keep them both on the roster, since we still not a championship team...and mitch / Noel are alwaysinjured. Use the draft or trade end of bench players to fill in the roster holes. When it's time to add a super star, then we can talk about trading picks and young assets like mitch.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
4/19/2021  3:01 PM
blkexec wrote:

It's a losers mentality to trade a defensive young asset for what, an expensive, inefficient or older asset? You do this if it makes u a championship contender.

We also have a defensive coach...a defensive culture....and known around the league as a top defensive team. And the 1st thing we shouldnt do is trade our best defensive anker because he's injured.

This is the old FO type move. The days of trading away young cheap assets, without a plan is gone. Right now trading mitch is option #120....option #1 is to develop the young assets we currently have, which includes mitch.

The only way I would deviate from that plan, is if we was 1 trade away from being a championship team. Right now that's not the case. Mitch is learning from Noel and Thibs. Mitch is also someone with more potential than Noel based on age alone. If anybody would be traded, I think they trade Noel b4 Mitch. What I'm hoping is Noels recent performance has reduced the asking price for Mitch, since we have shown that we can still win without him in the short-term.

I think the goal is to keep them both on the roster, since we still not a championship team...and mitch / Noel are alwaysinjured. Use the draft or trade end of bench players to fill in the roster holes. When it's time to add a super star, then we can talk about trading picks and young assets like mitch.

Were closer to being a contender than we are to being a lottery team. We have one official all Star, solid role players that fit the system that are playing and are playing at a high level..We have a serious chance at being top 4 in the east at the end of this season.

The knicks have moved out of rebuild mode, and are now enter playoff contention mode. You will have to sacrifice something in order to take this team to Contender level

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/19/2021  3:16 PM
I really am stumped as to which one we should have as our starting C for the next few years- we could keep both for one more season (by picking up Mitch’s option and paying Noel whatever), but I’m not sure which one you prioritize going forward. If Noel is willing to stay but only as starter, do you go with that?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2021  3:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:I really am stumped as to which one we should have as our starting C for the next few years- we could keep both for one more season (by picking up Mitch’s option and paying Noel whatever), but I’m not sure which one you prioritize going forward. If Noel is willing to stay but only as starter, do you go with that?

Noel, for me, has peaked out. This is who you are getting give or take.

Mitch still has tremendous upside but I'd question his work ethic.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MS
Member: #724
4/19/2021  3:25 PM
Honestly centers aren’t commanding big premiums around the league, absent 4-5 guys.

Noel has been a beast, but whose out there that’s going to offer him big bucks? Maybe GS? Boston doesn’t have room, so the suitors are limited.

It’s hard to have a real impact on this Knicks team as a big. Randle is operating everywhere and they rarely run anything for Mitch, Obi whose skill set would be used far better in a pick and roll.

Noel plays hard, I think he’s played himself into the 7-9MM range in the offseason.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/19/2021  3:55 PM
Yeah, centers in generally are not commanding big bucks. Consider Dwight Howard, NBA champion, former rebounding champ/DPOTY... on a 1 year, $2.56m deal. These are crazy times!
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
blkexec
Member: #748
4/19/2021  4:01 PM
technomaster wrote:Yeah, centers in generally are not commanding big bucks. Consider Dwight Howard, NBA champion, former rebounding champ/DPOTY... on a 1 year, $2.56m deal. These are crazy times!

They say it's a guards league. Tell that to Utah center.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/26/2021  1:53 PM
What's the word on Mitch? Would he be back for the playoffs?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2021  2:30 PM
Keep em both. 1248 doesnt know ****. Keep them both and you always run out a line up with elite rim protection. Know what happens without that? Guys like Elfrid Payton drop 20 on you because you thought you would be just fine without Mitch or Noel and Drummond and Kantor are rebounding scoring machines we will be great except you are not. Those guys suck at the most important part of that position in today's league and that is rim protection.

Its why Utah is elite. Mil is elite. You know who might be Atl's most important guy? Capella. The game has changed but attacking the rim for easy buckets has NOT and if you leave that hole open its gonna get abused.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/26/2021  2:39 PM
fishmike wrote:Keep em both. 1248 doesnt know ****. Keep them both and you always run out a line up with elite rim protection. Know what happens without that? Guys like Elfrid Payton drop 20 on you because you thought you would be just fine without Mitch or Noel and Drummond and Kantor are rebounding scoring machines we will be great except you are not. Those guys suck at the most important part of that position in today's league and that is rim protection.

Its why Utah is elite. Mil is elite. You know who might be Atl's most important guy? Capella. The game has changed but attacking the rim for easy buckets has NOT and if you leave that hole open its gonna get abused.

+1 trillion
Hmmmm we are suddenly an elite defensive team and we're in 4th place in the East... Hmmmm... Yeah let's trade away a hurt defensive monster because we win without him, because OBVIOUSLY we would never win WITH him.

Leon's smart enough to trade up or down or trade to get some guard help without getting rid of our hurt starting center. Who now could be re-signed on the cheap.

fishmike
USA
4/26/2021  4:11 PM
jrodmc wrote:Some of the FA suggestions online are pretty putrid. FluTyson? Ilysova? Bleh.

Conley/Schroder. After that resign Noel/Bullock/Rose (we are losing Burks as a cap casualty I am assuming). Its a thin FA market, so hopefully they dont price themselves out. If you could sign one of those guys you add a big piece and keep all your young guys/picks depth.

We would be the close to the same team next year: (except you upgrade Elf with a borderline allstar in Conley/Schroder)
PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch
Bench rotation: Rose/IQ/Obi/Noel
pipeline/depth: Taj/FRP/FRP

That's a big deep defensive nine man rotation built around a really young core with a few vets sprinkled in. Even if Randle levels off at his current you still expect big strides from RJ/Mitch/IQ/Obi and of course the incoming rookies AND that group above can def hang with the top teams in the East.

knicks1248
4/26/2021  5:02 PM
fishmike wrote:

Conley/Schroder. After that resign Noel/Bullock/Rose (we are losing Burks as a cap casualty I am assuming). Its a thin FA market, so hopefully they dont price themselves out. If you could sign one of those guys you add a big piece and keep all your young guys/picks depth.

We would be the close to the same team next year: (except you upgrade Elf with a borderline allstar in Conley/Schroder)
PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

That's a big deep defensive nine man rotation built around a really young core with a few vets sprinkled in. Even if Randle levels off at his current you still expect big strides from RJ/Mitch/IQ/Obi and of course the incoming rookies AND that group above can def hang with the top teams in the East.

fish your so full of sht it's hilarious, you flip flop worse than BRIGGS

Your the same person that shot down my suggestion of any trade for schroder (back when ATL was looking to trade him) bledsoe (when he was with the Suns) Rose (you hated him because he didn't pass to KP).

I suggested trading MITCH OR Noel to address other needs like help in the shooting and PG department..I would even trade him for a player Like Isaiah Stewart.

You always late to the party with your IDEAS, it's not until it becomes super obvious(kp wanted out..for example) that you change your tune...despite me mention certain thing months or even a yr before it happens.

Mark my words, MITCH WILL NOT BE A KNICK FOR LONG, he has maturity issues, and he's a slow learner, and with the success we are having this season (without him) makes it easier to move him for a missing piece.

Don't get this twisted, I'll more than happy to keep him if we can address our needs without trading him

ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

4/26/2021  5:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Your the same person that shot down my suggestion of any trade for schroder (back when ATL was looking to trade him) bledsoe (when he was with the Suns) Rose (you hated him because he didn't pass to KP).

I suggested trading MITCH OR Noel to address other needs like help in the shooting and PG department..I would even trade him for a player Like Isaiah Stewart.

You always late to the party with your IDEAS, it's not until it becomes super obvious(kp wanted out..for example) that you change your tune...despite me mention certain thing months or even a yr before it happens.

Mark my words, MITCH WILL NOT BE A KNICK FOR LONG, he has maturity issues, and he's a slow learner, and with the success we are having this season (without him) makes it easier to move him for a missing piece.

Don't get this twisted, I'll more than happy to keep him if we can address our needs without trading him

Genuine question:

How much trade value does a slow learner with maturity issues whose team was fine without him have?

fishmike
USA
4/26/2021  6:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

What's funny is you cant understand why giving up tons for Schroder as a savior 4 years ago isnt the same as just signing him as complimentary player. That being said I dont think you are giving me enough credit. I am super consistent in my approach to your posts which I always acknowledge as somewhere between ass-backward and full-retard
fishmike
USA
4/26/2021  6:41 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Genuine question:

How much trade value does a slow learner with maturity issues whose team was fine without him have?

knicks1248 has a no trade clause.. he cant be traded. Doesnt matter... he's stuck here.
Mitch or Noel needs to be traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy