knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:Knicks are one of the better defensive teams out there so let's trade one of the anchors of said defense?

Is this the premise?

Knicks have a ****ty offense cause they have a ****ty starting PG and no consistent distance shooting, so let's focus in on the 2 C's?

. Yeah it makes zero sense 😂

Yup. Our Center position is settled and fortified. Why destroy that?

Exactly. But the OP has never been a Mitch fan and wanted him traded for a while. That’s fine but just be honest about it instead of making a ludicrous reason for it

I suggested a mitch trade to GSW because they wanted a Center(drafted wiseman anyway) to move up in the draft for Lamelo, and once again your making sht up (i dont like mitch..smh), the title of the thread is one needs to be traded, I didn't specify which one, they are both decent players who do the exact same thing.

Why are you not saying I don't like Noel?

I don't have a problem with either one of them, i have a problem with having no big man on the roster that can knock down perimeter shots because teams are shutting us down with the zone, and it aint just because peyton can't shoot (at least he tries).

90% of all Big men in the league can knock down jumpers, this is a face up league

Lakers just won with centers who can't shoot. Bam isn't really a long-range shooter and he is the rage of the league. I'm not sure about your statement that 90% of the big men (at least the centers) in the league can shoot. Now, if you want to talk about our wings and guards, then yeah...I can see. I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. We have a roster where we don't have shooting at any of the traditional positions where you'd expect it. In a perfect world, Mitch's threat on the backend would create plenty of space because Payton posed some kind of threat from outside. Defenses wouldn't be able to sag and defenders would be forced to make split second decisions against the Knicks in the mid-range, leading to more defensive breakdowns.

The role the lakes centers have is the role our center need to have..OF THE BENCH..The have a big who can shoot from the perimeter (Game winning 3's in the finals)

We scored 94 points tonight, and Gobert almost double the amount of Rebounds (19) our 2 centers had combine (11)

How the Hell your going to get out and push the ball when your not going to dominate the boards, especially with no shooters to bust the zone that every single team plays against us.

I know we need a PG, but our biggest weakness is the Bigs on the team who are not versatile enough.

up next is Drummond

The backcourt didnt deliver either. Im guessing most here agree with you that we need more offense from the frontcourt.

Some of us disagree with your solution. Good playoff teams, contenders, have a deep bench. Trading Mitch or Noel would defeat that purpose. You want Drummond, or another high scoring big in free agency? Fine.

It will be easier attracting players interested in more than a big payday. If they know they wont be doing all the work under the boards. We want to build on the frontcourt we have, not thin it out.

It's taken 2+ seasons for Mitch just to learn how to stop making silly fouls, not much of a quick learner, probably why his gone through a half a dozen agents in 2 yrs

It's a Mediocre Front court at best, Noel is at his ceiling on a 1 yr deal, and Mitch is also a potential FA that might even want to move on to a New team.

These 2 guys Knicks Future is definitely not a lock, and neither of them are playing at a High Level.

Its mediocre in part because our backcourt isnt solidified yet. Last night Noel played 17 min. Had 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals, 2 blocks. We need role players who fill the stat sheet this way. We could get more offense out of Mitch and Noel with better PG play. Toppin will play better as well.

You want to trade players because they dont check every box. But you want Rose who only checks one "Ballhog". Mitch shows major progress in keeping out of foul trouble, and instead of seeing that as a positive, (especially with no college experience) you manage to diss him.

As I said trading away most of our frontcourt and starting again from scratch is going to keep this team in the lotto even longer. We could overpay for Drummond, and with Mitch and Noel gone, our frontcourt D would likely suck. You point out the flaws in their games, while completely ignoring what they bring to the table.

You want scoring frontcourts which are soft on defense. Like Greg Monroe. We need a frontcourt that can score, and make stops. Why we need to keep Noel and Mitch, add another scoring big, and upgrade the PG position. Not start from scratch, unless you like perpetual lotto.

This. Our frontcourt offense is best improved by adding a PG that can run PNR with them and/or lobs. Quickest way to get that right. Obi would feast in PnR. Even if our next PG cannot shoot 3s , as long as he runs the PnR our offense would improve. Imagine Randle getting the ball in stride on his way to the hoop? Randle might lead the league in scoring at a more efficient clip if we got a PG that can run a PnR.
You might say: but we run PnR every possession anyway? Well, it's how we run it. We run it to free up the guard so that he can get into the paint. It takes place around the 3 point line. The bigs never get the ball back, instead we get another 6 feet shot from Elf that bounces off the front of the rim.

Run it closer to the basket. Feed the big man. Use a PG that has a good shot from 6-8 feet( a certain floater comes to mind)

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2021  1:32 PM
I remember knicks1248 saying the Jazz couldnt win a title because Gobert doesnt shoot 3s. This is basically the Knick version of that slice of genius
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/27/2021  2:40 PM
Drummond to dominate the boards?
IN the “gee, over react to what I just saw....”
Last night mitch looked bad. Utah on a 9 game win streak and Rudy owning up to that contract. Large human!!!
Mitch foul shots at 4th quarter both hit from of rim. He was cooked beyond!
Easy to point and type what you want.
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/27/2021  3:12 PM
So Mitch deletes a tweet that says " ONE day THEY WILL LET ME PLAY"

so either The coaching staff is holding him back (earlier in the season thibs said we haven't seen nothing yet) or he hasn't had the confidence to show what he can do from the perimeter.

Either they way doesn't sound like everything is all good

ES
fishmike
USA
1/27/2021  3:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:So Mitch deletes a tweet that says " ONE day THEY WILL LET ME PLAY"

so either The coaching staff is holding him back (earlier in the season thibs said we haven't seen nothing yet) or he hasn't had the confidence to show what he can do from the perimeter.

you could be like an investigative reporter or something
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

1/27/2021  3:43 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:So Mitch deletes a tweet that says " ONE day THEY WILL LET ME PLAY"

you could be like an investigative reporter or something
Haha I’m sure he feels he is 😂
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2021  3:51 PM
He's not wrong

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/27/2021  3:54 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote: Agreed. You can’t just have purely offensive players. You need other players who fit other needs like defense

Yeah, we could do this with every player in the roster. Bullock, RJ, Burks need to be traded because we need wings with more two-way versatility. Rivers and Payton need to be traded because we need more versatility in the backcourt and so on...This team isn't good yet and the idea that we're a one-way stretch big away is moving away from the big picture. I mean, the Lakers won the title while using a center platoon worse than ours.

Dwight Howard was no slouch. Used to be DPOY.

Yeah...Obama was also president and Lamar Odom wasn't giving hand jobs for crack. That was a long time ago.

Gee, guess I forgot that. Howard played his best ball since he was with the Magic. Was an important role player for them. Wrong to suggest that he was "scrub-like".

Not saying he was a scrub. But right now, a Mitch/Noel platoon is better than a Dwight/McGee platoon.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
1/27/2021  4:30 PM
martin wrote:He's not wrong

love Mitch, great prospect... this is 100% true and this is the maturity part and issue we learned about earlier. The part about setting screens makes me nuts... Mitch is one of the a couple guys who are pretty bad and its an effort issue.

That being said I like how far he's come and hope he keeps on coming

StarksEwing1

1/27/2021  4:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2021  4:43 PM
I despise twitter so I would be happy if no player ever tweeted again Because they often says things unnecessary
Clean
Member: #743
1/27/2021  4:50 PM
Mitch can be traded and I wont care. Just like I felt about KP when he started giving trouble. I am tired of the Drama that always surrounds the Knicks. Any player who adds to it can go and I won't give it a second thought. It is funny that slowly but surly the things that Jeff Van Gundy said he worried about Mitch is starting to come out.
fishmike
USA
1/27/2021  5:37 PM
Clean wrote:Mitch can be traded and I wont care. Just like I felt about KP when he started giving trouble. I am tired of the Drama that always surrounds the Knicks. Any player who adds to it can go and I won't give it a second thought. It is funny that slowly but surly the things that Jeff Van Gundy said he worried about Mitch is starting to come out.
Mitch is 22 and clearly has a lot of maturing to do. What is promising is how much he's shown already. Its less than 20 games in and he's playing big minutes and he's crazy important to what we do on both sides of the ball.
StarksEwing1

1/27/2021  5:51 PM
fishmike wrote:
Clean wrote:Mitch can be traded and I wont care. Just like I felt about KP when he started giving trouble. I am tired of the Drama that always surrounds the Knicks. Any player who adds to it can go and I won't give it a second thought. It is funny that slowly but surly the things that Jeff Van Gundy said he worried about Mitch is starting to come out.
Mitch is 22 and clearly has a lot of maturing to do. What is promising is how much he's shown already. Its less than 20 games in and he's playing big minutes and he's crazy important to what we do on both sides of the ball.
Agreed. Maturity aside people forget how raw he was when we drafted him rape silly not playing in college.
TPercy
Member: #5748

1/28/2021  12:01 AM
Just show him some Evan Mobley clips and he’ll be whipped back into shape.
The Future is Bright!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/28/2021  2:00 PM
He has had more agents then knicks coaches.
KAT has issues with Thibs and from the sounds of it he has matured and understands the nature of it.
Funny, the whole KAT-Kentucky-Caliparti-Thibs connections and KAT still had issues with maturity.
He is older now understands pro coaches pushing for greatness is not always a burden but a path.
Butler bolted perhaps he saw the writing on the wall and is wired differently. Might have seen Thibs was not long for MInny. It happens.
Thibs also has HOPEFULLY learned being a total coaching crack head has limits and can’t step over the line.
I root for all my guys. Even the French ones!!!!
foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/28/2021  3:00 PM
Nalod wrote:Drummond to dominate the boards?
IN the “gee, over react to what I just saw....”
Last night mitch looked bad. Utah on a 9 game win streak and Rudy owning up to that contract. Large human!!!
Mitch foul shots at 4th quarter both hit from of rim. He was cooked beyond!
Easy to point and type what you want.

Increasing rumors that Drummond is destined for Brooklyn this year and will be bought out by the Cavs.

knicks1248
1/28/2021  7:00 PM
Any time someone says go ask the player, it's not good.

I recall the same response months before KP was traded, and i mention that.

Thibodeau said before the season that Robinson should improve his free throws before venturing further out. That hasn’t happened. Robinson is shooting just 44% from the charity stripe, a steep drop from last season. The Knicks’ offense, meanwhile, mostly runs through Julius Randle, with RJ Barrett sprinkled in.

Tom Thibodeau said he hasn’t talked to Mitchell Robinson about his deleted tweet and doesn’t seem interested in addressing it with his center.

“I’ve never coached through the media or social media or whatever that is,” Thibodeau said. “My conversations with him, that’s never come up.”

Thibodeau added that it’s better to ask Robinson about his tweet, but the 22-year-old wasn’t made available to the media Thursday by the Knicks. Two days prior, Robinson tweeted — and immediately deleted — “One day they’ll let me play.” It was widely interpreted as a gripe about offensive opportunities after he took just four shots in 31 minutes that same night against Utah.

So basically he wants to do more and they're holding back..

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/28/2021  7:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Any time someone says go ask the player, it's not good.

Thibodeau said before the season that Robinson should improve his free throws before venturing further out. That hasn’t happened. Robinson is shooting just 44% from the charity stripe, a steep drop from last season. The Knicks’ offense, meanwhile, mostly runs through Julius Randle, with RJ Barrett sprinkled in.

Tom Thibodeau said he hasn’t talked to Mitchell Robinson about his deleted tweet and doesn’t seem interested in addressing it with his center.

“I’ve never coached through the media or social media or whatever that is,” Thibodeau said. “My conversations with him, that’s never come up.”

Thibodeau added that it’s better to ask Robinson about his tweet, but the 22-year-old wasn’t made available to the media Thursday by the Knicks. Two days prior, Robinson tweeted — and immediately deleted — “One day they’ll let me play.” It was widely interpreted as a gripe about offensive opportunities after he took just four shots in 31 minutes that same night against Utah.

No. Basically Mitch hasn't shown enough for the things he is supposed to have down and he is holding himself back.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1

1/28/2021  7:49 PM

. I think you’re reading way too much into it as usual
knicks1248
1/28/2021  9:59 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

. I think you’re reading way too much into it as usual

When asked if Porzingis feels comfortable with his current contract situation, Perry said, "That's a question you'd have to ask him.

You truly be in DENIAL sometimes

Less than 90 days later he was traded

Trust me they are not on the same page, and that 7 rebound effort against the jazz was also telling, right after that effort came the tweet. With Thibs response and Mitch's Maturity, it's going to be a problem

ES
Mitch or Noel needs to be traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy