BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/26/2021  2:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:Knicks are one of the better defensive teams out there so let's trade one of the anchors of said defense?

Is this the premise?

Knicks have a ****ty offense cause they have a ****ty starting PG and no consistent distance shooting, so let's focus in on the 2 C's?

. Yeah it makes zero sense 😂

Yup. Our Center position is settled and fortified. Why destroy that?

Exactly. But the OP has never been a Mitch fan and wanted him traded for a while. That’s fine but just be honest about it instead of making a ludicrous reason for it

I suggested a mitch trade to GSW because they wanted a Center(drafted wiseman anyway) to move up in the draft for Lamelo, and once again your making sht up (i dont like mitch..smh), the title of the thread is one needs to be traded, I didn't specify which one, they are both decent players who do the exact same thing.

Why are you not saying I don't like Noel?

I don't have a problem with either one of them, i have a problem with having no big man on the roster that can knock down perimeter shots because teams are shutting us down with the zone, and it aint just because peyton can't shoot (at least he tries).

90% of all Big men in the league can knock down jumpers, this is a face up league

Lakers just won with centers who can't shoot. Bam isn't really a long-range shooter and he is the rage of the league. I'm not sure about your statement that 90% of the big men (at least the centers) in the league can shoot. Now, if you want to talk about our wings and guards, then yeah...I can see. I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. We have a roster where we don't have shooting at any of the traditional positions where you'd expect it. In a perfect world, Mitch's threat on the backend would create plenty of space because Payton posed some kind of threat from outside. Defenses wouldn't be able to sag and defenders would be forced to make split second decisions against the Knicks in the mid-range, leading to more defensive breakdowns.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/26/2021  11:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2021  11:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:Knicks are one of the better defensive teams out there so let's trade one of the anchors of said defense?

Is this the premise?

Knicks have a ****ty offense cause they have a ****ty starting PG and no consistent distance shooting, so let's focus in on the 2 C's?

Exactly. But the OP has never been a Mitch fan and wanted him traded for a while. That’s fine but just be honest about it instead of making a ludicrous reason for it

I suggested a mitch trade to GSW because they wanted a Center(drafted wiseman anyway) to move up in the draft for Lamelo, and once again your making sht up (i dont like mitch..smh), the title of the thread is one needs to be traded, I didn't specify which one, they are both decent players who do the exact same thing.

I don't have a problem with either one of them, i have a problem with having no big man on the roster that can knock down perimeter shots because teams are shutting us down with the zone, and it aint just because peyton can't shoot (at least he tries).

90% of all Big men in the league can knock down jumpers, this is a face up league

Lakers just won with centers who can't shoot. Bam isn't really a long-range shooter and he is the rage of the league. I'm not sure about your statement that 90% of the big men (at least the centers) in the league can shoot. Now, if you want to talk about our wings and guards, then yeah...I can see. I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. We have a roster where we don't have shooting at any of the traditional positions where you'd expect it. In a perfect world, Mitch's threat on the backend would create plenty of space because Payton posed some kind of threat from outside. Defenses wouldn't be able to sag and defenders would be forced to make split second decisions against the Knicks in the mid-range, leading to more defensive breakdowns.

The role the lakes centers have is the role our center need to have..OF THE BENCH..The have a big who can shoot from the perimeter (Game winning 3's in the finals)

We scored 94 points tonight, and Gobert almost double the amount of Rebounds (19) our 2 centers had combine (11)

How the Hell your going to get out and push the ball when your not going to dominate the boards, especially with no shooters to bust the zone that every single team plays against us.

I know we need a PG, but our biggest weakness is the Bigs on the team who are not versatile enough.

up next is Drummond

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/27/2021  1:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2021  1:31 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Is this the premise?

The role the lakes centers have is the role our center need to have..OF THE BENCH..The have a big who can shoot from the perimeter (Game winning 3's in the finals)

We scored 94 points tonight, and Gobert almost double the amount of Rebounds (19) our 2 centers had combine (11)

How the Hell your going to get out and push the ball when your not going to dominate the boards, especially with no shooters to bust the zone that every single team plays against us.

I know we need a PG, but our biggest weakness is the Bigs on the team who are not versatile enough.

up next is Drummond

The backcourt didnt deliver either. Im guessing most here agree with you that we need more offense from the frontcourt.

Some of us disagree with your solution. Good playoff teams, contenders, have a deep bench. Trading Mitch or Noel would defeat that purpose. You want Drummond, or another high scoring big in free agency? Fine.

It will be easier attracting players interested in more than a big payday. If they know they wont be doing all the work under the boards. We want to build on the frontcourt we have, not thin it out.

knicks1248
1/27/2021  8:44 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Is this the premise?

up next is Drummond

The backcourt didnt deliver either. Im guessing most here agree with you that we need more offense from the frontcourt.

Some of us disagree with your solution. Good playoff teams, contenders, have a deep bench. Trading Mitch or Noel would defeat that purpose. You want Drummond, or another high scoring big in free agency? Fine.

It will be easier attracting players interested in more than a big payday. If they know they wont be doing all the work under the boards. We want to build on the frontcourt we have, not thin it out.

It's taken 2+ seasons for Mitch just to learn how to stop making silly fouls, not much of a quick learner, probably why his gone through a half a dozen agents in 2 yrs

It's a Mediocre Front court at best, Noel is at his ceiling on a 1 yr deal, and Mitch is also a potential FA that might even want to move on to a New team.

These 2 guys Knicks Future is definitely not a lock, and neither of them are playing at a High Level.

ES
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/27/2021  8:44 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Neither one of these guys are franchise players, neither one of them are all stars, neither one is dominate force .

The fact is the Center position has evolve and their Games haven't, it's disappointing for me to see 3 yrs in the league and Mitch hasn't even develop a post up game, let alone a perimeter one.

You have to get better every yr or some young kid is going to come through and replace you, I said that about frank and sure enough IQ came in a snatch is PT easy

In a contract yr I expected a little more from MItch, and it seem the only thing he's develop is a knack for not fouling a lot

Using frank or any one player in contrast as your example is comical. Your logic is not unsound but your obviously in envy to have a 7ft euro shooting from the outside. Maybe Bropez or the like.
what you’ll find if you think about it is how hard they are to find and even when you do stay healthy. Some like the Orlando kid is ok but not a franchise carrier. The Nurkic for JOkic trade was amazing in retrospect.
I know its only been like 5 games but you already have Obi career laid out or can’t see past Randle?
We get your impressionable so try to think outside the box as to what’s possible.
For the most part lets assume Norlens is just a back up on a one year deal.
Let’s assume MR who will be happy he was only a second round pick as he gets freedom at 4th year is Clint Capella. Still gets a 90mil deal.
Take off the tin foil hat and look at MR this season and think not what he isn’t, but how good is it he is not fouling out and doing stupid shyt. 2 games under .500 after 16 games is not bad for where we were or projected.
How many points does Robinson get on offensive boards? HIs man cannot leave him to help on defense because he gets so many of them. This opens the lane up for Quick when they play together.
Do I want them to expand his repertoire? Of course I do.
Its been discussed trading mitch because of his contract and a contender whose cap is spent could find great value in trading for him. Good idea? Would you trade your top scorer if you the top offensive team in the league? If you the top defensive team, do you trade your best defensive player?
Ask yourself that.
Make Leon an offer he can’t refuse and perhaps we go from their. Seems like Knicks are in a position to do good things either way.

I like 1248. Logic doesn’t exist in his posts BUT they are comical in a good way with everything going on the past year 😂

coming from a guy who thought Frank was the knicks Future PG...

We are DEAD LAST in scoring, and your trying to make it look as if Trading mitch or Noel would be a bad thing. 2 slow ass players

Dude Luka is avg more rebounds than both of our Centers..

For you to even be opposed to trading one of them is just stupid and narrow minded.

When did I ever say that? For once show some evidence. Dude you talk about Frank more than anyone on this board and it’s not even close 😂. I barely mention him. Over the past 2 years your posts have mainly consisted of “Perry sucks and you can’t rebuild through the draft” or “”Mitch and Frank need to be traded”. Nobody has ever said either is a franchise player or an all star but that doesn’t mean they can’t be useful. Anyway thank you for another illogical post because they are funny 😂

Just so you know my feeling on certain players

I have no love for one dimensional players that don't work hard on their games and improve in areas that are needed on the team.

We have a few guys on this roster that don't fit the system we are trying to play, if you don't recognize that your blind.

I might be the biggest proponent of this statement. That said, every team needs role players and our centers are still youthful players with a lot of burn left on their tires. Mitch has potential for growth. Noel is better than the role he is being used for. In the context of building a system, you have some interchangeability with very little falloff in production.

They are both very good at what they do. It’s just the thing things they do well you don’t appreciate.

I am coming to appreciate Elf more, but I think the concept we are all dancing around is that we don’t have the “star” that does “everything” well. I think.

Chris Paul on this team, for example, would probably result in 6 more wins at this stage. In the coming year, if the Knicks maintains their core (including Noel and Robinson) and significantly upgrade at PG and SG (either through the draft or free agency), I think you are looking at a better than 50% team.

This is the Randle.
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

1/27/2021  9:28 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Is this the premise?

Agreed
BigDaddyG

1/27/2021  9:33 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Is this the premise?

up next is Drummond

Dwight and McGee both started for the lakers last year. We also have a faceup big who is hitting his shot. Gilbert is one of the best centers in the game. Are we gonna do this everytime a player has an off game? You are probably the only person I know who looks at this team and thinks the centers are the biggest problem and not the substandard shooting. Yes, a stretch center who can also defend would be ideal. Can you tell me where there is one readily available?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
1/27/2021  9:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2021  9:56 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Is this the premise?

up next is Drummond

Dwight and McGee both started for the lakers last year. We also have a faceup big who is hitting his shot. Gilbert is one of the best centers in the game. Are we gonna do this everytime a player has an off game? You are probably the only person I know who looks at this team and thinks the centers are the biggest problem and not the substandard shooting. Yes, a stretch center who can also defend would be ideal. Can you tell me where there is one readily available?

You want to make a little fun wager that neither will be here next season?

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/27/2021  10:57 AM
Is it me or does Mitch not look as explosive as he was last year and the year before? A lot of missed dunks and missed alley-oop attempts....
foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/27/2021  11:06 AM
Uptown wrote:Is it me or does Mitch not look as explosive as he was last year and the year before? A lot of missed dunks and missed alley-oop attempts....

Injured / Sore knee. I don't see much difference except to the extent that the PG/team play has not been as focused on alley-oop attempts this year.

foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/27/2021  11:09 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
You want to make a little fun wager that neither will be here next season?

I'd guess that Noel will not be back as he's only on a 1 year deal anyway. Mitch has a team option @ $1.8M next year. Unless they trade him, it would be silly not to bring him back at that salary even if only as a back-up.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2021  11:53 AM
Uptown wrote:Is it me or does Mitch not look as explosive as he was last year and the year before? A lot of missed dunks and missed alley-oop attempts....

He may be a bit dinged up but he is also now starting full time and playing more minutes. They are asking him to play even more on defense.

And let's be honest, he does not have the best offseason workout maturity, he probably didn't come into great shape over the long layoff. In fact, I'd place money on it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2021  12:18 PM
He is not wrong

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

1/27/2021  12:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2021  12:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Is this the premise?

up next is Drummond

It's taken 2+ seasons for Mitch just to learn how to stop making silly fouls, not much of a quick learner, probably why his gone through a half a dozen agents in 2 yrs

It's a Mediocre Front court at best, Noel is at his ceiling on a 1 yr deal, and Mitch is also a potential FA that might even want to move on to a New team.

These 2 guys Knicks Future is definitely not a lock, and neither of them are playing at a High Level.

Its mediocre in part because our backcourt isnt solidified yet. Last night Noel played 17 min. Had 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals, 2 blocks. We need role players who fill the stat sheet this way. We could get more offense out of Mitch and Noel with better PG play. Toppin will play better as well.

You want to trade players because they dont check every box. But you want Rose who only checks one "Ballhog". Mitch shows major progress in keeping out of foul trouble, and instead of seeing that as a positive, (especially with no college experience) you manage to diss him.

As I said trading away most of our frontcourt and starting again from scratch is going to keep this team in the lotto even longer. We could overpay for Drummond, and with Mitch and Noel gone, our frontcourt D would likely suck. You point out the flaws in their games, while completely ignoring what they bring to the table.

You want scoring frontcourts which are soft on defense. Like Greg Monroe. We need a frontcourt that can score, and make stops. Why we need to keep Noel and Mitch, add another scoring big, and upgrade the PG position. Not start from scratch, unless you like perpetual lotto.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/27/2021  12:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Is this the premise?

up next is Drummond

Its mediocre in part because our backcourt isnt solidified yet. Last night Noel played 17 min. Had 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals, 2 blocks. We need role players who fill the stat sheet this way. We could get more offense out of Mitch and Noel with better PG play. Toppin will play better as well.

You want to trade players because they dont check every box. But you want Rose who only checks one "Ballhog". Mitch shows major progress in keeping out of foul trouble, and instead of seeing that as a positive, (especially with no college experience) you manage to diss him.

As I said trading away most of our frontcourt and starting again from scratch is going to keep this team in the lotto even longer. We could overpay for Drummond, and with Mitch and Noel gone, our frontcourt D would likely suck. You point out the flaws in their games, while completely ignoring what they bring to the table.

You want scoring frontcourts which are soft on defense. Like Greg Monroe. We need a frontcourt that can score, and make stops. Why we need to keep Noel and Mitch, add another scoring big, and upgrade the PG position. Not start from scratch, unless you like perpetual lotto.

Agreed. You can’t just have purely offensive players. You need other players who fit other needs like defense
BigDaddyG

1/27/2021  12:44 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote: Agreed. You can’t just have purely offensive players. You need other players who fit other needs like defense

Yeah, we could do this with every player in the roster. Bullock, RJ, Burks need to be traded because we need wings with more two-way versatility. Rivers and Payton need to be traded because we need more versatility in the backcourt and so on...This team isn't good yet and the idea that we're a one-way stretch big away is moving away from the big picture. I mean, the Lakers won the title while using a center platoon worse than ours.

GustavBahler

1/27/2021  12:53 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote: Agreed. You can’t just have purely offensive players. You need other players who fit other needs like defense

Yeah, we could do this with every player in the roster. Bullock, RJ, Burks need to be traded because we need wings with more two-way versatility. Rivers and Payton need to be traded because we need more versatility in the backcourt and so on...This team isn't good yet and the idea that we're a one-way stretch big away is moving away from the big picture. I mean, the Lakers won the title while using a center platoon worse than ours.

Dwight Howard was no slouch. Used to be DPOY.

BigDaddyG

1/27/2021  1:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah...Obama was also president and Lamar Odom wasn't giving hand jobs for crack. That was a long time ago.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/27/2021  1:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Neither one of these guys are franchise players, neither one of them are all stars, neither one is dominate force .

The fact is the Center position has evolve and their Games haven't, it's disappointing for me to see 3 yrs in the league and Mitch hasn't even develop a post up game, let alone a perimeter one.

You have to get better every yr or some young kid is going to come through and replace you, I said that about frank and sure enough IQ came in a snatch is PT easy

In a contract yr I expected a little more from MItch, and it seem the only thing he's develop is a knack for not fouling a lot

Using frank or any one player in contrast as your example is comical. Your logic is not unsound but your obviously in envy to have a 7ft euro shooting from the outside. Maybe Bropez or the like.
what you’ll find if you think about it is how hard they are to find and even when you do stay healthy. Some like the Orlando kid is ok but not a franchise carrier. The Nurkic for JOkic trade was amazing in retrospect.
I know its only been like 5 games but you already have Obi career laid out or can’t see past Randle?
We get your impressionable so try to think outside the box as to what’s possible.
For the most part lets assume Norlens is just a back up on a one year deal.
Let’s assume MR who will be happy he was only a second round pick as he gets freedom at 4th year is Clint Capella. Still gets a 90mil deal.
Take off the tin foil hat and look at MR this season and think not what he isn’t, but how good is it he is not fouling out and doing stupid shyt. 2 games under .500 after 16 games is not bad for where we were or projected.
How many points does Robinson get on offensive boards? HIs man cannot leave him to help on defense because he gets so many of them. This opens the lane up for Quick when they play together.
Do I want them to expand his repertoire? Of course I do.
Its been discussed trading mitch because of his contract and a contender whose cap is spent could find great value in trading for him. Good idea? Would you trade your top scorer if you the top offensive team in the league? If you the top defensive team, do you trade your best defensive player?
Ask yourself that.
Make Leon an offer he can’t refuse and perhaps we go from their. Seems like Knicks are in a position to do good things either way.

I like 1248. Logic doesn’t exist in his posts BUT they are comical in a good way with everything going on the past year 😂

coming from a guy who thought Frank was the knicks Future PG...

We are DEAD LAST in scoring, and your trying to make it look as if Trading mitch or Noel would be a bad thing. 2 slow ass players

Dude Luka is avg more rebounds than both of our Centers..

For you to even be opposed to trading one of them is just stupid and narrow minded.

How many more possessions do Mavs have every game? We are last in the league in pace.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
GustavBahler

1/27/2021  1:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah...Obama was also president and Lamar Odom wasn't giving hand jobs for crack. That was a long time ago.

Gee, guess I forgot that. Howard played his best ball since he was with the Magic. Was an important role player for them. Wrong to suggest that he was "scrub-like".

Mitch or Noel needs to be traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy