[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mitch or Noel needs to be traded
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/25/2021  9:06 AM
They are both just too limited on the offense end for this Roster. Mitch has the potential to be more than what he is, but I just can't understand why he has shown Zero perimeter game, and has just 6 assist on the season.

I think if he's that limited on the offense he should be a beast on the boards and at least 2 to 4 blocks that can initiate fast breaks.

What makes matters worse is that his back up (Noel)is no better than him and almost mirrors mitch offensive game, probably even worse

We need a stretch big badly, especially if we're keeping Randle.

We definitely should give Cleveland a call who have Love, Allen, (just traded from the nets) Mcgee(don't want him) and Drummond

ES
AUTOADVERT
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
1/25/2021  9:29 AM
If we were trading Mitch it should have been to Phoenix for the 10 since they needed help up front and we could have drafted Halliburton.

Noel is the guy to move and then you split the center minutes btw Randle and Obi. Spacing is the big issue. Mitch needs to play with Knox, Toppin, quickly and Frank/Rivers. He’s just not getting easy looks with Randle dominating the ball. Need to open up some opportunities in the pick and roll for him and have shooters out there to open up space.

We still have him for one more season at under $2MM you wait to make a trade till the last possible moment with him.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/25/2021  11:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2021  11:09 AM
It's just a little disconcerting that Melo had more blocks than Mitch... Relax, Nalod...

But agreed, if you're trading one of them, I would trade Noel first. It's just what are you going to include to get someone to give up a quality stretch big? And please don't say DSJ.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/25/2021  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2021  11:31 AM
Even without an offense to speak of, I like what Noel brings to the table. Would rather wait and see how Taj does (forgot he was back).

If we still need a big with more offense, make a move. One that keeps Mitch and Noel on the roster. Mitch and Noel might not bring enough offense, but a scoring big could fix that. Would help if he's a two way player. Dont believe we should break the bank to get one. Not now anyway. Free Agency, if necessary.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/25/2021  11:40 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Even without an offense to speak of, I like what Noel brings to the table. Would rather wait and see how Taj does (forgot he was back).

If we still need a big with more offense, make a move. One that keeps Mitch and Noel on the roster. Mitch and Noel might not bring enough offense, but a scoring big could fix that. Would help if he's a two way player. Dont believe we should break the bank to get one. Not now anyway. Free Agency, if necessary.

Yeah, the lack of offense is only an issue when Payton is running cold. Mitch seems to be unlocked when IQ is on the floor. Also, Love and Drummond leaves the defense to exposed and probably don't fit with Randle. Allen isn't getting traded. The love Cleveland has for Jarret right now rivals the love Knicks fandom has for IQ.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/25/2021  11:48 AM
They are both very limited offensively which puts extra pressure on the other four guys. Still unsure why Mitch hasn't tried to take a single short jumper when we all saw the gym highlights from the summer. Nobody's talking about 3's - just a jump hook, short jumper as a starting point. It certainly would help Randle with spacing! As for Noel - he's really a perfect backup even with his lousy hands and limited offense. He also wouldn't bring much back in a trade so if someone is to be traded - Mitch would at least command a decent return. All that said I'd encourage him to start shooting by adding a contract clause for specified # of non-dunk shots to get him going.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/25/2021  11:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2021  11:54 AM
jrodmc wrote:It's just a little disconcerting that Melo had more blocks than Mitch... Relax, Nalod...

But agreed, if you're trading one of them, I would trade Noel first. It's just what are you going to include to get someone to give up a quality stretch big? And please don't say DSJ.

Stop it. I think Smith is going to be the next Markelle Fultz!! Funny how much Quickley is what I thought Smith would be. Love it.

I still like MR. And think Noel is a decent back up as well. Think if there is a move to make. you have to trade the back log of wings and so called PG's. Too bad Frank got hurt again as the NEW FO (Third one since we drafted Frank) and Coach (Cant keep count on how many he has had) needed to see if he is worth keeping. Think Burks has a lot of value for a contender as does Bullock and Rivers. Despite their slow start. I am kinda rooting for the team to stick so that we can see what they do in a full year. We have a **** load of picks for next years draft so do not think we can add more of those and there seems to be no one really good on the trading block that wont cost a winning powerball ticket. Maybe this is the year Frank channels his inner MJ. Maybe MR takes a jump shot. Maybe Fitzfarm gets his wish and Frank and Quicks get 48 minutes each in one game. We can only hope.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/25/2021  11:57 AM
If we had Chris Paul as our PG instead of Payton, would we still have to trade Mitch or Noel?

They’re not the problem- they are good and limited for what they do and are asked to do.

If we had a PG that was a threat from outside, and was good running an offense, I think MR would be just fine and performing well.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2021  12:00 PM
franco12 wrote:If we had Chris Paul as our PG instead of Payton, would we still have to trade Mitch or Noel?

They’re not the problem- they are good and limited for what they do and are asked to do.

If we had a PG that was a threat from outside, and was good running an offense, I think MR would be just fine and performing well.

+1

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2021  12:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:They are both just too limited on the offense end for this Roster. Mitch has the potential to be more than what he is, but I just can't understand why he has shown Zero perimeter game, and has just 6 assist on the season.

I think if he's that limited on the offense he should be a beast on the boards and at least 2 to 4 blocks that can initiate fast breaks.

What makes matters worse is that his back up (Noel)is no better than him and almost mirrors mitch offensive game, probably even worse

We need a stretch big badly, especially if we're keeping Randle.

We definitely should give Cleveland a call who have Love, Allen, (just traded from the nets) Mcgee(don't want him) and Drummond

so you call Clev and offer NOel or Mitch they say “Duh, even 1248 knows we have Love, Allen, McGee and Drummond”, Allen might be better than either Of our guys, so other than chat, why call Clev?

Knicks are very good defense I’ve team and two games under .500 almost done with a 4 game road trip and likely we lose vs. Utah. Panic time?

Reality is Rivers is not that good. He started off great. Payton is not a shooter but gives you a lot of other things. Quick can’t play the whole game and we go with who is hot down the stretch. Most of us are not smarter than Thibs at managing the game.
We are not solving our issues this season.

knicks1248
1/25/2021  12:26 PM
franco12 wrote:If we had Chris Paul as our PG instead of Payton, would we still have to trade Mitch or Noel?

The fact of the matter is we don't have that Pg to make mitch's life easier, and even if we had CP3, it still would be the same. Just look at what Cp) did in L A with D Jordan, they still flopped in the playoffs every yr.

Mitch's numbers are avg at best , his production can easily be replace.

I always feel that If you are a one dimensional Player at least be one of the Best in the league at what your good at Like Dennis Rodman Like Mutumbo.

How is the the 6 9" Randle, avg more Rebounds than the 7" Mitch

And why is Mitch almost always the last player down court on a fast break, why is Randle(with the ball) beating him down court. Thats terrible because you want him on Ally oops and put backs

Some of you Don't realize just how slow he is, and he's not even a good outlet passer on the rebounds he does grab

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2021  12:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

The fact of the matter is we don't have that Pg to make mitch's life easier, and even if we had CP3, it still would be the same. Just look at what Cp) did in L A with D Jordan, they still flopped in the playoffs every yr.

I always feel that If you are a one dimensional Player at least be one of the Best in the league at what your good at Like Dennis Rodman Like Mutumbo.

And why is Mitch almost always the last player down court on a fast break, why is Randle(with the ball) beating him down court. Thats terrible because you want him on Ally oops and put backs

Some of you Don't realize just how slow he is, and he's not even a good outlet passer on the rebounds he does grab

The logic is beyond deep space and so far out there I can't even comprehend

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/25/2021  12:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Not necessarily true. 1) DeAndre Jordan was far from being the top reason that the Clippers flopped. I think Blake and CP3 deserve the largest portion of the blame.
2)you can see the difference CP3 made in Noel's level of play last year:

https://thunderousintentions.com/2020/09/19/okc-thunder-nerlens-noel-season-grade/

In his second season with the OKC Thunder, Noel averaged 7.4 points, 4.9 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, 1.0 steals, and 0.7 assists in 18.5 minutes per game. He shot the ball at 68.4 percent from the field. Considering 44.2 percent of his shot attempts were dunks, this is understandable.
Last season the Kentucky product averaged 4.9 points, 4.2 rebounds, 1.2 blocks, and 0.9 steals in 13.7 minutes per game. The main reason for the increased production and minutes was the loss of Russell Westbrook. His connection with Steven Adams meant the big Kiwi was on the floor more.

The extra time on the court gave the OKC Thunder a different look. Adams is a tremendous team defender and screen setting big man. Noel changed the look of the Thunder every time he got on the court giving better rim protection and above the rim offense

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
1/25/2021  12:47 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Not necessarily true. 1) DeAndre Jordan was far from being the top reason that the Clippers flopped. I think Blake and CP3 deserve the largest portion of the blame.
2)you can see the difference CP3 made in Noel's level of play last year:

https://thunderousintentions.com/2020/09/19/okc-thunder-nerlens-noel-season-grade/

In his second season with the OKC Thunder, Noel averaged 7.4 points, 4.9 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, 1.0 steals, and 0.7 assists in 18.5 minutes per game. He shot the ball at 68.4 percent from the field. Considering 44.2 percent of his shot attempts were dunks, this is understandable.
Last season the Kentucky product averaged 4.9 points, 4.2 rebounds, 1.2 blocks, and 0.9 steals in 13.7 minutes per game. The main reason for the increased production and minutes was the loss of Russell Westbrook. His connection with Steven Adams meant the big Kiwi was on the floor more.

The extra time on the court gave the OKC Thunder a different look. Adams is a tremendous team defender and screen setting big man. Noel changed the look of the Thunder every time he got on the court giving better rim protection and above the rim offense

Im not saying Jordan was the entire reason, I'm saying in this DAY and AGE you have to be more than a Dunker and part time Rim protector.

No matter how you feel about Mitch, you can't argue that he doesn't help space and pace, and isn't that extremely important?

ES
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/25/2021  12:49 PM
Add Mitch as part of a package for a superstar next summer. Then sign Drummond
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2021  12:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Injury on Blake and CP3 in LA was a prime cause for late season “failure”.
Your also being disrespectful to spurs and Warriors achievements. Lazy.
Randle is a beast on the offensive glass often getting his own rebound. Not padding stats, but your not looking at where the rebounds are made. Lazier.

NO imagination to the future, only what is or was. Mitch is at the moment what he is but you assume nothing will change. Laziest.

While you suggest a trade, no reality of an offering to whom. You want. Just that you want change and assume it’s an improvement. short sighted, lazy and not well thought out.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/25/2021  2:27 PM
I know you have never been a fan of Mitch and wanted him traded pretty much from the get go so this isn’t too surprising. Mitch is probably never going To be a big offensive player but he isn’t he problem. Plus he is still young and can develop more offensively
knicks1248
1/25/2021  3:48 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I know you have never been a fan of Mitch and wanted him traded pretty much from the get go so this isn’t too surprising. Mitch is probably never going To be a big offensive player but he isn’t he problem. Plus he is still young and can develop more offensively

I don't care about trading any player on this Roster if it gives us the better chance of winning NOW and in the future.

How can i have any personal attachment to any player on this roster when we haven't won anything.

My favorite knicks of all time are Spree, Allan, walt, and ewing, think about what they brought to the table, and the heart and soul they played with

Starks you have a personal attachment to every player the knicks draft, regardless to how good or bad they are.

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/25/2021  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2021  4:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I know you have never been a fan of Mitch and wanted him traded pretty much from the get go so this isn’t too surprising. Mitch is probably never going To be a big offensive player but he isn’t he problem. Plus he is still young and can develop more offensively

I don't care about trading any player on this Roster if it gives us the better chance of winning NOW and in the future.

How can i have any personal attachment to any player on this roster when we haven't won anything.

My favorite knicks of all time are Spree, Allan, walt, and ewing, think about what they brought to the table, and the heart and soul they played with

Starks you have a personal attachment to every player the knicks draft, regardless to how good or bad they are.

I have no “personal attachment”. Your topic just doesn’t make sense. You haven’t even made any sort of realistic trade proposal. You just said he NEEDS to be traded
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
1/25/2021  5:16 PM
I was actually thinking the opposite.
If we could fleece Noel with a Rivers type contract it would lockup what is currently 48 minutes of Rim support between Mitch and Noel for a few seasons..
Mitch or Noel needs to be traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy