[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Growing your own........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/21/2004  9:02 AM

Knicks-Yanks paralel. Last night we say Georges Sharphuched Yanks not get the job done. A collection of big names is not always the key to winning. It will get you deep in the playoffs.

I doubt Azira has much trading value. I doubt the focus of anyone trading a center who contributes now is going to want a swingman a few years from developing and a draft pick. We thought Frank had all kinds of value and in the end he might not even make the bulls!

We need to grow our own and keep doing it. There will be times when we can make a great pick up, but it must be done to get us over the hump.

Its preseason, and the team is very exciting now, but lets not get carried away. We are not as good as we think, the east is much improved, and Craw reminded us he will have 1-10 nights and not have good selection.

Its not worth an Atlantic division crown to mortgage the future.

And if we learned anything last night, the big names are not alway the path to success. And lack of youth can hurt.

If Azira is a good player, then we pulled a major coo by adding a future asset when we had no 1st round pick. That itself is great, but its for the future, not now.
AUTOADVERT
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
10/21/2004  10:35 AM
Yes, yes, yes!

Totally agreed!

This season, I want Isiah to go after a high draft pick via trade(s) and draft an athletic C with great upside. We need home grown talent! No more trades for expensive vets with long contracts who can only go down hill!
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
10/21/2004  11:28 AM
agreed. Ariza and Sweetney shold be considered untouchables at this point.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/21/2004  12:53 PM
I agree that mortgaging the future is bad, just for quick fixes and short term relief.

However, DJSUNYC came up with an interesting idea to trade Ariza for a guylike Dalembert. I would do that in a heartbeat. I'm just not sure if the 76ers would. As a matter of fact, I totally doubt they would.

The point is, if you wanna trade Ariza, give us a young stud big man in return.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/21/2004  2:25 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I agree that mortgaging the future is bad, just for quick fixes and short term relief.

However, DJSUNYC came up with an interesting idea to trade Ariza for a guylike Dalembert. I would do that in a heartbeat. I'm just not sure if the 76ers would. As a matter of fact, I totally doubt they would.

The point is, if you wanna trade Ariza, give us a young stud big man in return.

Dalembert is expect to be an impact player this year. Is ariza expect to make an impact no. Let me put it this way there is no way Philly give NY Dalembert because Philly is as high on him as you are on Ariza. Besides the Sixer just drafted Igudala and have Salmons who are what Ariza is.They have Dalembert who is a center which are rare these days in the NBA this deal sucks from sixers stand point.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
10/21/2004  3:09 PM
yeah, i live around philly and they love dalembert. there is no way they are going to give him up. getting an athletic big is not simple anymore. a lot of bigs that are considered athletic are playing small forward or tweener power forward. garnett changed the game in saying that 7-footers cannot be centers. i still have faith in naz and think he will be servicable like he was in the end of last year. he is our most athletic frontcourt player ( just the 4 or 5. not the 3)and our best shotblocker. we need to be patient and see in a month.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/21/2004  3:14 PM
i was just proposing an idea. we're all high on ariza and yes, philly is pretty high on dalembert as they should be. i was just thinking that if ariza does impress, i wouldn't have a problem moving him for a young, athletic C that fills a much more pressing need for us. if milwaukee bites on an ariza for gadzuric deal, i would have to seriously consider it. and for dalembert, i was proposing an ariza and a #1/nazr for dalembert which still might not get it done but it's the concept of moving him for a bigman that i was trying to point out.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/21/2004  3:16 PM
If Ariza continues to impress during the season, I would try and swing TT for a C, but of course, that's easier said than done.
Growing your own........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy