Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/21/2004  4:32 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/244349p-209423c.html

Brewer might beat out
Moochie for Knick spot

Both Stephon Marbury (sinus) and Penny Hardaway (hamstring) sat out yesterday's Knicks practice, but are expected to play in tonight's preseason game against the Mavericks in Dallas.

Marbury has been used sparingly in three exhibition games since participating in the Olympics, and the Knicks want to give their starting point guard plenty of rest heading into the Nov. 3 season-opener at Minnesota.

While Marbury rests, Moochie Norris and free-agent signee Jamison Brewer are fighting for the backup point-guard job, and thus far, Brewer, who spent last season in Indiana, appears to be beating out Norris.

Because Jamal Crawford can play both guard positions, the Knicks don't need to carry three point guards. If Brewer beats out Norris, there is a possibility the Knicks would buy out the final two years of Norris' contract, worth approximately $6 million.

The Knicks play Minnesota tomorrow in Sioux Falls, S.D., but former Knick Latrell Sprewell is not expected to play.

Frank Isola

Originally published on October 21, 2004
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/21/2004  7:54 AM
No one wants Moochie at the money he makes....Moochie can score but he's not one of the smartest player. He plays like he is a starting point but he doesn't have starting point skills.....kind of like Childs without the defense.

Brewer is just a better team player from what I've seen and he is relentless on the defense. Brewer ran the offense beautifully both times I've seen him. That Bounce pass alley-opp to Ariza was really creative.

If they gotta buy out Moochie I think they have to do what they have to do.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/21/2004  8:32 AM
this roster spot, brewer or moochie, is a total non-factor. it doesn't matter who they pick b/c they'll be lucky to get more than 1-2 minutes a game.

let's all hope chicago cuts frank williams. he apparently came into camp a little out of shape and has fell out of favor with paxson and skiles. he and pargo are competing for the final guard spot.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/21/2004  8:49 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

this roster spot, brewer or moochie, is a total non-factor. it doesn't matter who they pick b/c they'll be lucky to get more than 1-2 minutes a game.

agreed
let's all hope chicago cuts frank williams. he apparently came into camp a little out of shape and has fell out of favor with paxson and skiles. he and pargo are competing for the final guard spot.

didn't hear about this. With the way the Knicks' roster is set, Frank would be in the same bucket as Moochie/Brewer, but I would still love to see him on the team.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/21/2004  8:51 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Brewer is just a better team player from what I've seen and he is relentless on the defense. Brewer ran the offense beautifully both times I've seen him. That Bounce pass alley-opp to Ariza was really creative.

I have heard that Brewer is very athletic and defensive minded, but... I don't think I have seen this in the 2 games I watched. Those 2 qualities just didn't shine. Maybe the practice sessions have been different.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
10/21/2004  11:32 AM
If this doesn't happen, some Knick coaches, advisors, etc. need to lose their jobs.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/21/2004  11:48 AM
he also has less than CBA offensive skills. we are really hurting in terms of size D rebounding and we need a high quality 3rd PG. I think we need to obtain a second draft pick next year so we can get some size upfront and get another ATHLETIC G who can also SHOOT.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2004  12:33 PM
you know something has gone terribly wrong with the season is Brewer or Moochie actually get any playing time.

It seems moving forward the only part we are missing is the athletic frontcourt player... namely a 5.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
PhilinLA
Member: #696
10/21/2004  1:32 PM
I think Brewer can contribute on D. If Houston ever comes back, or they think he's going to, Brewer is much more valuable than a guy like Moochie.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
10/21/2004  1:34 PM
Brewer can also make the starters work in practice, and should help get them ready for the defensive focus they're gonna feel from opponents this year.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/21/2004  3:14 PM
This would be a hard decision for me. Thus far, Brewer has impressed me more than Moochie, but Moochie's contract is the sole reason I would consider keeping him. Come the deadline, Moochie may be a very attractive throw in if Isiah wants to trade for a big man.
MS
Member: #724
10/21/2004  4:34 PM
Brewer absolutly flies, you wouldn't think it by looking at him, put he may have the second biggest vert on the team...He was doing double pump reverses at the garden during warm ups. He is better than Moochie, all we need is someone that can knock down some open shots not turn it over and play good defense for 10 min a game
Daily News: Brewer might beat out Moochie

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy