Iq isn’t physically ready for nba
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/30/2021  12:19 PM
martin wrote:
MArtin this is the THING. We differ on RJ's trajectory but all agree on his shortcomings (shooting/spacing) and what he needs next to him to succeed and IQ is like THE mold. Good 2 way player who can shoot and really pressure defense with this scoring. When that happens you see RJ alone vs. 1s and 2s and he just eats them up

Its just lovely to see a pair of kids like this being coached up and winning games. I love how Thibs loves them both. He's always gushing about IQ/RJ and those guys growing up under Thib's coaching is the best possible thing IMO

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

1/30/2021  1:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I know, I know...but just hear me out.

Points per-36 minutes this season: Immanuel Quickley: 22.5 Kristaps Porzingis: 22.3

Wow. Randle AND Quickley outperforming KP in some respect. Whats their cap hit vs. Porzingis again?

Glad Rose kept Perry as GM. From Melo, KP, to Randle. Draft picks, cap space. His moves have aged well.

I hope Quickley keeps driving to the rim. Looks like Quickley has trouble driving and dunking in one motion. Hope he tries dunking with both hands, like Sprewell used to. Might give him a better windup.

Trading KP wasn't the issue I just wish we traded him for Jaylen Brown, Crowder, and Lottery picks
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2021  2:08 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
MArtin this is the THING. We differ on RJ's trajectory but all agree on his shortcomings (shooting/spacing) and what he needs next to him to succeed and IQ is like THE mold. Good 2 way player who can shoot and really pressure defense with this scoring. When that happens you see RJ alone vs. 1s and 2s and he just eats them up

Its just lovely to see a pair of kids like this being coached up and winning games. I love how Thibs loves them both. He's always gushing about IQ/RJ and those guys growing up under Thib's coaching is the best possible thing IMO

Hey I hope I'm wrong. His natural scoring ability to me just seems off.

But he does seem to be built to overwhelm everyone in his path, especially at the SG position. Workhorse type dude who can carry a team on his back for months at a time

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/30/2021  2:58 PM
IQ > Halliburton
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/30/2021  3:40 PM
Philc1 wrote:IQ > Halliburton

Well, on the thread I created about IQ (Quickley vs other rookies) - I was trying to bait someone into saying this. :)

Right now, maybe not. Haliburton produces a squeaky clean stat line - how can you knock him? He shoots so darned well (FG%, 3pt%, FT% are are stellar), passes for assists and gets a lot of steals. Literally the only thing that stands out on his stat line is that he doesn't get to the line. (per 100 possessions, Quickley gets there 5.5 times more often!)

On the other hand, we've seen Quickley heat up and take over like few players in the NBA can - it's like we're watching Steph Curry or James Harden for stretches. (yes, he heats up like Vinny the Microwave Johnson. Maybe Quickley's like the Induction Cooktop...)

Thibs is comfortable with Quickley in his current role - and while the bench role and limited minutes are holding him back in the rookie ladder, it's probably a reasonable bet that bringing him along this way will ultimately be a good thing for his development. He can work on his defensive techniques and offense while he's fresh as he gets more acclimated to the NBA experience..

Being on the floor together makes RJ a much more effective player. We see it and the the numbers back it up. If the Knicks want to continue to develop RJ, it behooves them to exercise this pairing.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/30/2021  4:49 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Points per-36 minutes this season: Immanuel Quickley: 22.5 Kristaps Porzingis: 22.3

Wow. Randle AND Quickley outperforming KP in some respect. Whats their cap hit vs. Porzingis again?

Glad Rose kept Perry as GM. From Melo, KP, to Randle. Draft picks, cap space. His moves have aged well.

I hope Quickley keeps driving to the rim. Looks like Quickley has trouble driving and dunking in one motion. Hope he tries dunking with both hands, like Sprewell used to. Might give him a better windup.

Trading KP wasn't the issue I just wish we traded him for Jaylen Brown, Crowder, and Lottery picks

I remember everyone and their mother laughing at PJ for contemplating that trade. There was no way of doing it back then.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/30/2021  5:46 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I remember everyone and their mother laughing at PJ for contemplating that trade. There was no way of doing it back then.

Not more than the actual trade that evidently happen.

ES
Philc1

1/31/2021  12:13 PM
technomaster wrote:
Philc1 wrote:IQ > Halliburton

Well, on the thread I created about IQ (Quickley vs other rookies) - I was trying to bait someone into saying this. :)

Right now, maybe not. Haliburton produces a squeaky clean stat line - how can you knock him? He shoots so darned well (FG%, 3pt%, FT% are are stellar), passes for assists and gets a lot of steals. Literally the only thing that stands out on his stat line is that he doesn't get to the line. (per 100 possessions, Quickley gets there 5.5 times more often!)

On the other hand, we've seen Quickley heat up and take over like few players in the NBA can - it's like we're watching Steph Curry or James Harden for stretches. (yes, he heats up like Vinny the Microwave Johnson. Maybe Quickley's like the Induction Cooktop...)

Thibs is comfortable with Quickley in his current role - and while the bench role and limited minutes are holding him back in the rookie ladder, it's probably a reasonable bet that bringing him along this way will ultimately be a good thing for his development. He can work on his defensive techniques and offense while he's fresh as he gets more acclimated to the NBA experience..

Being on the floor together makes RJ a much more effective player. We see it and the the numbers back it up. If the Knicks want to continue to develop RJ, it behooves them to exercise this pairing.

I’m not knocking Halliburton I’m simply complimenting IQ. If Thibs actually started IQ he would be the frontrunner for ROY

Philc1

1/31/2021  12:17 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

That was lazy cable tv Knicks hatred. The people who actually had a clue knew Phil was right to listen to offers

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/31/2021  3:01 PM
One can see how scouts would have underestimated IQ’s potential given the his rather unorthodox release. That it would translate at the next level perhaps even better is a rare commodity to see.
Good for us at any level! Type of pick one can take risk on and this one fell to our favor.
martin
USA
1/31/2021  4:21 PM
Nalod wrote:One can see how scouts would have underestimated IQ’s potential given the his rather unorthodox release. That it would translate at the next level perhaps even better is a rare commodity to see.
Good for us at any level! Type of pick one can take risk on and this one fell to our favor.

I dont think it was the release. It was the fact that he was projected as a SG and is undersized at the position. He didn't play PG at Kentucky where his real bread and butter and skills are more suited.

Scout who assumed his position was SG were wrong. They also weren't able to see his PG skills since he had not played that position since high school

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/31/2021  4:23 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
1/31/2021  4:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think that same philosophy holds for Kawhi and the midrange. You want guys taking midrange except him cause he is an absolute killer

martin
USA
2/1/2021  9:59 AM
martin
USA
2/1/2021  7:15 PM
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/1/2021  7:22 PM
Nalod wrote:One can see how scouts would have underestimated IQ’s potential given the his rather unorthodox release. That it would translate at the next level perhaps even better is a rare commodity to see.

it was because scouts were focused on Maxey and IQ was portrayed as a second, or even third, option and then at SG

his release is fine. COnsider his versus Ball or Haliburton

(5)(5)
martin
USA
2/3/2021  12:42 PM
Most excellent company

martin
USA
2/3/2021  12:43 PM
martin
USA
2/3/2021  2:53 PM
I don't know what this means but it's positive

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
2/3/2021  4:40 PM
martin wrote:I don't know what this means but it's positive

I can't wait for the next TPS report. I don't know what a TPA is. But, I am pretty sure the bottom right is the biggest losers.

This is the Randle.
Iq isn’t physically ready for nba

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy