Iq isn’t physically ready for nba
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/19/2021  9:47 AM
Uptown wrote:
Nalod wrote:Quick does a bit remind me of Mark Jax shot delivery. His floater looks like Joakim Noah taking a foul shot on Acid.
Its a remarkable thing to behold. I’m not sure what I am seeing really. He runs and without breaking stride sort of chucks the ball and yet it goes in. I’m not sure iM quite ready either!

Mark Jax's floater or Tear-Drop as we called back in the day, is a little different than Quickley's. Jax's tear-drop was off two-feet which allowed Mark to be a more under control. Quick's running floater is more difficult to pull off because of his momentum going towards the basket. But, he shoots it the correct way because like Mark, the floater is more of a knuckle-ball which allows the ball to die on the rim and drop in.

Quick just seems to make the game easier, simpler. If he wasn't such a great shooter, you'd think he was just running at the basket and chucking, but he has such great feel and control when he leaves his feet, and the better thing is he seems, at least from what I remember, so much faster than Jax with the floaters.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/19/2021  10:44 AM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
1/19/2021  11:28 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Nalod wrote:Quick does a bit remind me of Mark Jax shot delivery. His floater looks like Joakim Noah taking a foul shot on Acid.
Its a remarkable thing to behold. I’m not sure what I am seeing really. He runs and without breaking stride sort of chucks the ball and yet it goes in. I’m not sure iM quite ready either!

Mark Jax's floater or Tear-Drop as we called back in the day, is a little different than Quickley's. Jax's tear-drop was off two-feet which allowed Mark to be a more under control. Quick's running floater is more difficult to pull off because of his momentum going towards the basket. But, he shoots it the correct way because like Mark, the floater is more of a knuckle-ball which allows the ball to die on the rim and drop in.

Quick just seems to make the game easier, simpler. If he wasn't such a great shooter, you'd think he was just running at the basket and chucking, but he has such great feel and control when he leaves his feet, and the better thing is he seems, at least from what I remember, so much faster than Jax with the floaters.

Yeah I know small sample size and big comp, but his floater does remind me of Tony Parkers game a lot!
I am super impressed with the confidence he takes those difficult shots and the percentage he is making them!
Nice pick without any question!

martin
USA
1/19/2021  11:39 AM
dodger78 wrote:

Yeah I know small sample size and big comp, but his floater does remind me of Tony Parkers game a lot!
I am super impressed with the confidence he takes those difficult shots and the percentage he is making them!

A deep shooting Tony Parker. Great comparison

dodger78
Germany
1/19/2021  11:43 AM
martin wrote:
dodger78 wrote:

Thanks! Now if we somehow could transform Mitch Rob into Tim Duncan...

martin
USA
1/19/2021  8:22 PM
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/19/2021  10:42 PM
dodger78 wrote:
martin wrote:
dodger78 wrote:

First step would be a 8-12 feet bank shot. That alone would put MR into the All Star conversation.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CleaverGreene
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8756

1/20/2021  2:19 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
martin wrote:
dodger78 wrote:

First step would be a 8-12 feet bank shot. That alone would put MR into the All Star conversation.

Add a legitimate jump hook to this and the conversation would be over.
There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
jrodmc
USA
1/20/2021  6:55 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
martin wrote:
dodger78 wrote:

Hopefully those are both easier to come by, right before he develops a killer 3pt shot... If we're going car shopping, let's buy all the options...

Imagine IQ being able to draw the D in and then dish it out to an actual 7ft 3pt threat...

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/21/2021  11:01 AM
jrodmc wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
martin wrote:
dodger78 wrote:

Hopefully those are both easier to come by, right before he develops a killer 3pt shot... If we're going car shopping, let's buy all the options...

Imagine IQ being able to draw the D in and then dish it out to an actual 7ft 3pt threat...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5583/

could already have 1 and we did have 1 kp?

RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
USA
1/21/2021  12:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
martin wrote:
dodger78 wrote:

Yeah I forgot to add in "chucklehead/diva" 7ft 3pt threat.

BRIGGS, thy name is relentlessness

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/25/2021  4:27 AM
Bump!
dodger78
Germany
1/25/2021  7:55 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
martin wrote:
dodger78 wrote:

I honestly dont follow the Rockets enough to tell how Woods gets his statline. What kind of player he is and how well he would complement or mimic a player like Randle.
I mention Randle here as he has shown that he can be a relyable, high level contributor on this team - I really like the step he took in his game compared to last season and he is still young enough to be a building block!

Actually I do like the overall set-up we have in our roster in terms of clear-roles for the players and skill set they have. Talentlevel on certain positions obviously is a topic as is consistency which of course is pretty normal within a young roster. Of course there are players/spots which I would like to be enhanced or changed in terms of skillset at the position, but overall its a nice and well composed group of players!

At this point I really enjoy that my thoughts are, after what feels like a century, back to rooting for consistent wins for my team instead of rooting for a good pick in the draft! I understand this is not a championship roster - far from it - but its a young team that competes and will only grow and learn. So this is a real change in my mindset as a diehard Knicks fan! And I really like it!

martin
USA
1/25/2021  10:55 AM

martin
USA
1/25/2021  11:05 AM
martin
USA
1/25/2021  11:20 AM
martin
USA
1/25/2021  12:30 PM
lol

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/25/2021  12:56 PM
31 points in 24 minutes
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2021  12:58 PM
Whining about IQ starting? Why not instead praise all things Johnny Bryant, Thibs and of course any that might have had a hand in drafting him (Little Perry love perhaps?) and of course our very own Assistant Coach Payne who coached this kid for two years at UK!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/25/2021  12:59 PM
Seems to me Thibs is bringing him along perfectly.
Iq isn’t physically ready for nba

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy