[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks host Hornets 7pm
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/11/2021  9:20 PM
The guys are really struggling with their shot. Even Quickley and Rivers who were supposed to be our guys have been really poor. They gonna have to keep grinding and believing until Burks and Toppin get back.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
1/11/2021  9:22 PM
FINAL
CHA 109 NYK 88
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/11/2021  9:23 PM
3 straight under 90 pts
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

1/11/2021  11:04 PM
Uptown wrote:3 straight under 90 pts

THREE Strikes and your OUT .. Thibs & Rose ???
The 8 man rotation Thibs been using in the Knicks past 3 games has made the Knicks performance look like a High school Garbage team!
If this keeps up, it look like Dolan will have to do like Frank did and FIRE Rose after one season.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/12/2021  4:21 AM

We are who we are:

A challenged team with only one scoring threat, no consistent shooting threat that depends on hot nights from most, along with consistent hard work on defense in order to win. But when things level down to normal, we have enough to give a fight but not to win.

I loved that 5-3 start but was afraid it was fool’s gold. Payton was our second leading scorer in many nights, and any strategy that involves Payton shooting a lot won’t succeed in the long run. Barrett has had some good shooting nights and we now know the norm isn’t that. Him insisting on shooting 3s just makes it even harder for us. And today people were so worried about stopping the losing streak individually that they rushed so many shots. Quickley, one of our best shooters, was again terrible.

This team still has nice streaks of good play that will give us hope, but right now I think we are going into that terrible streak we have where we sink so deep and more bad matchups come up and we are just out of any contention.

Hello lottery, my old friend...

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
1/12/2021  4:33 AM
Kemet wrote:

THREE Strikes and your OUT .. Thibs & Rose ???
The 8 man rotation Thibs been using in the Knicks past 3 games has made the Knicks performance look like a High school Garbage team!
If this keeps up, it look like Dolan will have to do like Frank did and FIRE Rose after one season.

Huh?

It wasn’t a secret coming into the season that the Knicks were challenged on the shooting department. Rose made the moves he was able to, while many others we obviously weren’t attractive enough for free agents or trading partners. We have lots of flexibility and got some good talent at good prices considering the market. Thibs, meanwhile, had a huge challenge in installing his defense-first system on a defensive and fundamentals challenged roster. No pure shooters save for maybe Burks, which then brings the point of the injuries: a team limited in talent sees key pieces go down to injuries.

In the end, we simply aren’t as good as we were in that 5-3 start, but aren’t as bad as this current stretch because we lack key pieces. Still, this team will have a really tough time to prove they aren’t a losing team by the end of the regular season. It’s just a matter of our shooting being sincerely too inconsistent to keep up with most teams.

Knicks_Fan
ccch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3876

1/12/2021  7:45 AM
WP76 wrote:Barrett needs to ride the bench for awhile. He's just killing us right now.

Really having a hard time watching Barrett. I don't think it's a matter of confidence, he's just a bad shooter. He constantly through up shots that are air balls or hits the backboard and not rim. That's not just being off he's just not a shooter. And as Clyde said, if you can't shoot by the time your in the league it's too late.

I'd cut his minutes big time and give him the ultimatum...you are not allowed to shot if your father that 15 ft. from the hoop. Even then, he'll probably still struggle. BTW, over the last 10 years I don't see any draft picks that would be considered a pure shooters. You can't win games without them.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/12/2021  9:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2021  9:27 AM
For some that hate Bullock, yesterdays game showed his impact defensively may be more than most think. Knox had another good game and will be getting more minutes. Think our biggest problem is that teams know they can double team Randle since we have no shooters. Once Burks is back, teams will have a tougher time doing so. Its clear thus far that how Randle goes, we go. We are not much when he is off the floor or does not have it going. Like I said at the start of the year he is our best most proven player. No reason he should have had just 8 shots last night and other over 15. RJ needs to focus on downhill moves and setting other up more. This soft three point brick display is hard to watch. Would rather see Knox get some of his minutes. At least he can keep defenses from double taming Randle down low. I would like to see a Payton, Rivers, Burks, Knox and Randle line up.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/12/2021  12:54 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicksfan
USA
1/12/2021  9:20 PM
martin wrote:

Back in tank mode

Knicks_Fan
GameThread: Knicks host Hornets 7pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy