[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks host Jazz [Bullock possibly out tonight. Could it be 2K time?]
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/6/2021  10:00 PM
Remember last season when closing out close games was nearly impossible?
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

1/6/2021  10:01 PM
Payton had a great game would have still liked to see quick for a few min in that second half but maybe thibs just wanted him to watch
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/6/2021  10:01 PM
tight tight rotation,(i love it) we essentially played 7 guys, with IQ logging just 6 minutes
ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/6/2021  10:04 PM
As I mentioned on another thread. The FO deserves a lot of credit for the moves they have made. They signed Rivers because they recognized he was more than just a role player. They kept Randle against some pressure by fans to deal him. They made moves to pick a kid they had conviction for in late first round despite most having him as a mid 2nd rounder. They resigned Payton, which I thought was a mistake. They signed Burks who seems like a great shooter. And lets not forget that they hired the coach I wanted for years.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/6/2021  10:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2021  10:04 PM
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:nvm. Just saw the -13

He was in when the whole team was cold and the Jazz was hot from 3....Payton was playing well but Quick could have gotten a few mins...Paytonoplayed the entire 2nd half

Makes sense. Glad I missed that.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

1/6/2021  10:12 PM
When I was a kid and followed the 1969 Mets, I had a "diary" where I would put down the scores, highlights, and heroes of the game. That team had a different hero every game, and during each game, you used to get key performances from certain players, many times guys who never had great careers.

Only 8 games in, and we have that kind of team...a hero or two a day, and when some guys have bad games, they're picked up by somebody else. We also have a lot of resilience so far, and what seems to be a lot of pride.

This is an f'n entertaining team so far...I don't know where the season is going to go, but so far, it has been fun.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/6/2021  10:26 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Rivers was a great signing!!! 3 year 10 mil.. a steal

He has been really impressive! Offers leadership and savvy high IQ plays. What's wild is this wasn't his MO when entering the league. He has really matured.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/6/2021  10:45 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:As I mentioned on another thread. The FO deserves a lot of credit for the moves they have made. They signed Rivers because they recognized he was more than just a role player. They kept Randle against some pressure by fans to deal him. They made moves to pick a kid they had conviction for in late first round despite most having him as a mid 2nd rounder. They resigned Payton, which I thought was a mistake. They signed Burks who seems like a great shooter. And lets not forget that they hired the coach I wanted for years.
Rivers for 3 mil a year is a damn steal
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/6/2021  11:47 PM
One night its Quickly playing the 4th
The next its Elf playing the 4th

What both moves have in common?

Both times Thibs picked the right guy.

Lots of great moments and some really great performances especially Randle/Rivers/Elf but damn I might give the game ball to Mitch who took Gobert totally out the pick and roll game in the 2nd half, played 41 minutes and was +12 in a game the Knicks won by 12

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/6/2021  11:58 PM
Orlando needs a PG, DSJ - courtesy phone, aisle 5
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/7/2021  12:16 AM
I still can't believe the Knicks won
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames
Member: #6053

1/7/2021  12:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2021  12:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:tight tight rotation,(i love it) we essentially played 7 guys, with IQ logging just 6 minutes

This is really the worst attitude. Love the win but nah the short rotations got to go

I really want to win games guys playing high 30’s minutes. Kind of like how he played RJ tonight.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
1/7/2021  12:59 AM
wargames wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:tight tight rotation,(i love it) we essentially played 7 guys, with IQ logging just 6 minutes

This is really the worst attitude. Love the win but nah the short rotations got to go

I really want to win games guys playing high 30’s minutes. Kind of like how he played RJ tonight.

Then pay attention to the injuries and who is left on the bench and let us know what GLeague talent you think should be playing over the guys who are winning games and earning their playing time

nycdan
Member: #8926

1/7/2021  1:00 AM
Love the team this year. Love the hustle, the shooting, the chemistry. All great.

If I could fix one thing though, could we just get a little better at getting the ball in-bounds and past the half-court line? It feels like an adventure way too often.

wargames

1/7/2021  1:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2021  1:29 AM
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:

Then pay attention to the injuries and who is left on the bench and let us know what GLeague talent you think should be playing over the guys who are winning games and earning their playing time

He had Quickley on the bench most the game and played Payton 42 minutes this game. So your injury excuse is not an excuse.

He could have put Knox out there more at the 4 as well, which meant he could play Randle less overall and put Randle at the 5 some more to give Mitch a bit of rest too.

You feel justified hyping these regular season wins until someone gets injured seriously eking them out. Also even when the team gets to the playoffs the playoff rotation players are so tired they underperform.

You can tell the fan base is starved for wins when they refuse to see the inherent flaw in winning like this. When guys come back I don’t want to hear excuses about the minutes either.

martin
USA
1/7/2021  1:55 AM
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:

He had Quickley on the bench most the game and played Payton 42 minutes this game. So your injury excuse is not an excuse.

He could have put Knox out there more at the 4 as well, which meant he could play Randle less overall and put Randle at the 5 some more to give Mitch a bit of rest too.

You feel justified hyping these regular season wins until someone gets injured seriously eking them out. Also even when the team gets to the playoffs the playoff rotation players are so tired they underperform.

You can tell the fan base is starved for wins when they refuse to see the inherent flaw in winning like this. When guys come back I don’t want to hear excuses about the minutes either.

When players are playing well, you play them. And it’s yielded very good outcomes.

This is not a 30 year old vet team.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/7/2021  1:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2021  2:39 AM
Break up the knicks Part 2
Ny 112 Utah 100

What's going on here? Quoting late Dick Young

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
wargames

1/7/2021  2:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2021  2:12 AM
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:

When players are playing well, you play them. And it’s yielded very good outcomes.

This is not a 30 year old vet team.

I get that but when these guys who are our “core” do become older they are more likely to break down because Thibs played them heavy minutes. Not to mention fatigue in the playoffs.

Plus today we saw three guys under 25 get major injuries, one of them a rookie. Injuries are not based on age.

Finally the Jazz ran a 9 man rotation too just like the Knicks did and distributed the minutes better with their stars playing 35 and 36 minutes. Thibs had 3 players over 40 minutes.

These “very good outcomes” is regular season wins too.... that means nothing. It feels important because we been bad, but load management is a thing contenders do for a reason.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/7/2021  2:33 AM
I was wrong about Austin. He's matured a lot as a player. Still don't see him as a PG, but I'm very comfortable with him in the backcourt. I agree about the minutes. This needs to take his foot of the pedal some as guys start returning. It's a marathon, not a Sprint.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/7/2021  8:29 AM
obviously everyone is deservedly happy.

3 random observations

1) we have beaten good teams but IMO just as importantly well-coached teams. SO that's promising! neither the opposing players nor the coaches have answers
2) we have won in second half meaning we have made adjustments to them and out-executed. that's confidence inspiring. guys will be motivated to play hard the full 4 knowing they can come back
3)regarding the minutes. It's obviously a concern. There is a legitimate reason why some teams do load mgmt. But it cannot be contested that Thibs approach re minutes reinforces his dictum that each player needs to earn their minutes. No one goes into a game with some pre-allocated guaranteed amount. Anyone who doesn't think that guys like Frank, DSJ, Obi etc aren't on notice of that is not being realistic. If they weren't before, they are now locked in and focused in team meetings and film and busting ass in practice -- or riding pine. that simple. there is some benefit to that. is that benefit worth the risk? that will be a big focus. I do expect the second unit to come in like a bunch of spider monkeys (to borrow a phrase from Taledega Nights), and i also expect that if a guy (looking at you DSJ) starts launching selfish 30' bombs "because he's feeling it" there will be a cold spot at the end of the bench to think about those decisions

(5)(5)
GameThread: Knicks host Jazz [Bullock possibly out tonight. Could it be 2K time?]

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy