Love it!

Nyk vs Atl

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/5/2021  3:31 AM
martin wrote:

I loved this. Man completely embodies what we all feel.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

1/5/2021  3:32 AM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:Love that. RJ Randle and Quickley with huge performances.

It’s more fun when the guys that matter make a difference. Randle is doing his thing but Barrett and quickley wow.

While missing many of our key guys!

The Future is Bright!
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

1/5/2021  10:13 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:It’s funny how Thibs transformed Randle into a sudo Lebron...Fizs wet dream by teaching Randle to make the simple play....he looks like a completely different player....I think Rose already getting calls on him...personally...unless you are giving me a guaranteed top 5 pick in this draft...I am nit trading him
Still turning the ball over WAYYYY too much. Randle had 7 turnovers.

I don't think the front office expected Randle to improve drastically this year, i hope he keeps improving. Unless we get a certified game changer and a top 5 pick next year il make Randle part of the knicks cornerstone.

I can see a mirror of the 2008ish indiana pacers in our power forward rotation. The pacers have Granger as their main man and paul George is still riding the bench waiting for his opportunity. Maybe the knicks can start being good already during Randle's prime years and toppin can sustain the momentum after 5 years when he enters his prime.

If Quickley emerges as the knicks starting point guard of the future, the only starting slot we should target for next year's draft is the shooting guard spot assuming RJ thrives at the 3. There will be a handful to choose from falling in the top 10.

Yeah. And if Luka can be praised for a triple double with 8 turnovers I should lay off Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/5/2021  12:01 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/5/2021  12:03 PM
Not for nothing but Bogdanovic looks like he his barber does a modern day bowl cut
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/5/2021  12:19 PM
martin wrote:
Randle/Mitch may not be a perfect fit on offense (they are looking OK tho) but they look GREAT on defense. Randle is wall and Mitch is barbed wire. Pick your path. I thought Randle could be better on offense. I am happy but not surprised he's off to a great start there. I am 100% surprised by his defense. Chatted w/ some Laker fans on reddit (dont worry I washed up after) and they said they saw that from Julius all the time (the late game stops).

7 games in we are 4-3 vs. a super tough schedule.
We are 5th in points per game allowed
We are 3rd in EFFG% allowed
We are 11th in opponents point per 100poss

I know its an offensive league but this seems to be a good thing

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/5/2021  12:25 PM
complete side note: Hunter looked very good for Hawks. I suspect some front office types might be questioning their huge payments to Danillo and Bogie
(5)(5)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/5/2021  12:39 PM
Chandler wrote:complete side note: Hunter looked very good for Hawks. I suspect some front office types might be questioning their huge payments to Danillo and Bogie
you need those guys. Hunter is a great piece in their fold. PG/C seem to have unique skills/needs but the 2/3/4 in this NBA are a total hodgepodge of player types and Hunter is one of those guys who can play all 3 on any given night. Atl has a good roster. Im not a fan of Trae at all... hate his game but its effective at times for sure
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2021  1:44 PM
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:complete side note: Hunter looked very good for Hawks. I suspect some front office types might be questioning their huge payments to Danillo and Bogie
you need those guys. Hunter is a great piece in their fold. PG/C seem to have unique skills/needs but the 2/3/4 in this NBA are a total hodgepodge of player types and Hunter is one of those guys who can play all 3 on any given night. Atl has a good roster. Im not a fan of Trae at all... hate his game but its effective at times for sure

For some reason I like Grayson Allen. Dude has earned his keep playing defense and carrying a cred where he earns no benefit of the doubt.
Thus, When Trae made a tweet with video about him and really it was nothing, yet Trae whined it was fun to see the pushback.
Allen was all that he deserved at Duke and it cost him being a 1st round pick. HE stuck it out and stayed at duke and worked on that temper thing surviving an NBA career thus far. Playing tough defense will get him tangled up and he still will not have benefit of the doubt. Looking like a young Ted Cruz does not help!
JJ Reddik was just a white handsome kid at Duke who got unmercifully taunted while in College. Allen behavior and subsequent reactions were justified. He shows a character and I hope he can continue his career. At the end of the day it takes a lot of hard work to play in the league.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/5/2021  4:11 PM
Some add'l thoughts:
Knicks:
* Amazing game by Randle. Looks a bit like Lebron out there. Makes a lot of turnovers, but makes a lot of plays too. He's the best player on the Knicks at this point by a lot. No way the Knicks have 4 wins without him. No doubt if he keeps this up he'll get an all-star nod. (I see him as a top 4 forward in the east, right up there with Giannis, Durant, and Tatum in terms of impact)
* RJ had a great game against a team not named the Pacers. He nailed a few Kobe-like mid-range jumpers. That might be his ideal range at this point of his career. His 3pt shot might be a work in progress for a few more years and might always be streaky. BUT... this was a good illustration of RJ's upside as a bully wing/facilitator. Double digit boards, calming presence on the team, helped facilitate the offense.
* Quickley was a great spark plug. Awesome fake handoff and explosion to the basket. Nice to see that he can dunk. The Knicks were keeping him from defending Young... but in the one time he was switched on him, Young beat him, but Quickley stole the ball from behind. He passed up on 2 or 3 open looks from 3pt range. Randle must've been a little frustrated - he was stuck at 9 assists for a long time (particularly frustrating was Rivers' late 3 that got waived off). I guess coach instructed to his guys to pound the ball inside to Randle. Spacing really changes when Quickley and Rivers are in the game.
* I thought Thibs waited a little too long to make the change to Rivers/Quickley, but he figured Payton was playing reasonable D on Young. On the other hand, the Hawks really had our starting unit's number in the 3rd quarter and our offense was paralyzed with Bullock/Payton on the floor. Hey, it all worked out.
* Quick/Rivers are magic together... esp with Randle/RJ. That's 4 playmakers/scorers on the floor. I think a small lineup with Burks in addition to that group would be really tough to handle on offense.
* Rivers is a little bit reminiscent of prime Jarrett Jack on the Mark Jackson's Warriors teams. Late bloomer. Maybe he's worthy of a starting PG spot in the league at 28... but he gives us a lot of what we've been missing at PG.

Hawks:
* Trae Young is a real liability on defense, right? Looks like the Hawks have loaded up long athletic players like Hunter and Reddish to help hide him, but he really can't stop anyone when they find him. On the other hand, he really slices things up on offense - he can get to the basket almost at will. The Knicks bigs did a great job of making a wall in front of him, because he beat Rivers practically every time. (Rivers finally guessed him right once and drew the offensive foul)
* Gallinari missing time? Not surprised.
* Reddish: What's up with him? Why did his draft mates vote him for best career? Group prank? He's a bit like Kevin Knox in that you'd think he'd be doing more.
* Hunter looked good. With his beefy .486 3pt%, he's really living up the 3&D label. Knowing what we know now, would you prefer a player like him over RJ? RJ, despite his erratic shooting, looks like he has the makings of a really good all around player, esp if he continues to develop consistency with his shot. (it's worth noting that he's already 23)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/5/2021  5:13 PM
martin wrote:

This makes my heart so happy.

Knicks_Fan
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/5/2021  10:08 PM
fishmike wrote:

If we had fallen past 3 Hunter was the guy I wanted

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/5/2021  10:46 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:

If we had fallen past 3 Hunter was the guy I wanted

Hunter was the Obi Toppin of last year's draft. Already 23, he's putting up really nice 3&D type numbers. Let's hope Obi can achieve similar success.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GameThread: Knicks visit Atlanta 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy