1/2/2021  10:20 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Nice. We need Rivers scoring

We need Thibs to trust his bench more...

Agreed. Maybe a 10 man rotation.

Rivers just got back, Thibs easing Rivers in.

Frank should be draped over Brogdan .

Hopefully Frank/Dennis will be back soon.

I somehow doubt it will be easy for them to get minutes. I’m not entirely confident Obi will make the rotation when he is healthy.

Obi will beat out Knox and Noel I believe.

Mitch Randle RJ Burks and Payton eventually starting with Rivers, Quickley, Obi and Bullock off the bench. That’s if he goes 9. Noel and Knox will fight for spot minutes as 10th man.

AUTOADVERT
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

1/2/2021  10:29 PM
With this team shaping out and starting to look like a late lottery team if not low playoff - maybe we might be buyers instead of sellers come mid february?

Maybe our abundance of picks help us land a disgruntaled star or upcomer?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/2/2021  10:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
TPercy wrote:I wont stop saying this: Fiz was a horrible coach.

Think it was JVG who said that Fizz was too caught up in the celebrity aspect of being Knicks coach.

He was full of himself after getting 3 or 4 offers prior to accepting the knicks job.

His idea of preparation was taking his guards to a playoff game....lol, and damn near had nose bleed seats

Why I wasnt mad at mgmt that they whiffed with Fizdale. He really was held in high esteem around the league. I didnt see someone who got deep into Xs and Os.

Not worried about that from Thibs, always comes prepared. Making use of the full roster, as Uptown pointed out is my main concern.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/3/2021  3:03 AM
Thibs never married - his one love is basketball... that always comes first for him. (Fiz and Fisher had lives outside of basketball...)

I like how the Knicks made adjustments after getting killed by the Pacers in the 2nd half of their first encounter. Sabonis and Turner were neutralized. Robinson and Noel combined for an impressive 10/12 from the field. Nice efficient output from the center spot.

I was impressed that the good Payton made another appearance. When he takes it to the basket, good things happen... and his shot eventually starts to fall.

Really impressive output from Rivers and Quickley off the bench. Rivers brings some good aggression and veteran guile. Looking forward to seeing how things play out.

Brogdon has been REALLY impressive to start out this season. Seriously, a #36 pick overall late bloomer tearing things up to the tune of 22.2ppg/6.3apg/4.0rpg/1.7spg/53.1fg%/44.7 3pt% at AGE 28? Really impressive player with good not great athleticism. (Quickley could potentially emulate Brogdon's career progression - both very pure shooters and quick decision makers)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
wargames
Member: #6053

1/3/2021  3:40 AM
technomaster wrote:Thibs never married - his one love is basketball... that always comes first for him. (Fiz and Fisher had lives outside of basketball...)

I like how the Knicks made adjustments after getting killed by the Pacers in the 2nd half of their first encounter. Sabonis and Turner were neutralized. Robinson and Noel combined for an impressive 10/12 from the field. Nice efficient output from the center spot.

I was impressed that the good Payton made another appearance. When he takes it to the basket, good things happen... and his shot eventually starts to fall.

Really impressive output from Rivers and Quickley off the bench. Rivers brings some good aggression and veteran guile. Looking forward to seeing how things play out.

Brogdon has been REALLY impressive to start out this season. Seriously, a #36 pick overall late bloomer tearing things up to the tune of 22.2ppg/6.3apg/4.0rpg/1.7spg/53.1fg%/44.7 3pt% at AGE 28? Really impressive player with good not great athleticism. (Quickley could potentially emulate Brogdon's career progression - both very pure shooters and quick decision makers)

Side note if the Bucks had kept Brogdon I think they would have been much more legitimate contenders. He’s exactly what they are missing on the roster

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

1/3/2021  3:54 AM
Man, I don't remember the last time the Knicks were so fun to watch. Finally they are a coherent and cohesive team.
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/3/2021  8:49 AM
The importance of getting the right coaches is shining through the first 6 games. The difference in the way the knicks play this year from the previous decade is night and day! Im hoping this team continues to build on their defensive gains individually as well as a team. Finally a true identity might start to emerge. Im not so concerned with the team's win-loss record this year as long as they continue to give their all each and every game. Im hoping the time comes when nba executives talk about the knicks they will say that a game against the knicks is no longer a sure win. The teams defense is something they are wary of. And if they catch the knicks in a good shooting night they will say that winning that game against the knicks will be an uphill climb.

I hope the coaching staff can see value in having Frank in the rotation, i hope they can see that his defense can win the knicks some big games. Im hoping Burks eventually replaces Bullock as a starter and FranK can take Bullock's minutes in the rotation. Looking at how the rotation is shaking up even with all of the injuries, its seems frank and DsJ will be the odd men out.

I think Quickley is our future starting point guard. Im hoping he can win the starting pg spot before the trade deadline, maybe we can flip Payton for additional assets. Maybe Frank can show enough to secure the back up pg role by then.

In a perfect world before the trade deadline Toppin's game emerges, maybe he can be good enough to gamble on flipping Randle on the trade deadline as well.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2021  9:53 AM
6 games in and at least now we can see Paytons role with clarity.
Randle is a very unique player in this league. The spin assist is quite a feat. He passed out on the spin.
He is fulfilling his draft status now but I’m not sure its sustainable or long term desired.
Same for Payton’s game.
IQ long term is still to be determined. He might suffer from “Shamet head”. Landry Shamet does not look like an NBA player. Bill Simmons had a theory that reason he was not drafted higher was because of this. IQ does not look like one either.
This is just silly so do’t pay no mind to this.
HE has a great knack for getting to the line, or really a great feel for the game. Have to see how teams play him Going forward.
I just can’t project him on small sample. He has a place, so I’m not hating on him.
We move on from frank and Dennis with valid alternatives.
Mitch is figuring it what Thibs wants from him. GOOD!!!
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
1/3/2021  10:49 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:The importance of getting the right coaches is shining through the first 6 games. The difference in the way the knicks play this year from the previous decade is night and day! Im hoping this team continues to build on their defensive gains individually as well as a team. Finally a true identity might start to emerge. Im not so concerned with the team's win-loss record this year as long as they continue to give their all each and every game. Im hoping the time comes when nba executives talk about the knicks they will say that a game against the knicks is no longer a sure win. The teams defense is something they are wary of. And if they catch the knicks in a good shooting night they will say that winning that game against the knicks will be an uphill climb.

I hope the coaching staff can see value in having Frank in the rotation, i hope they can see that his defense can win the knicks some big games. Im hoping Burks eventually replaces Bullock as a starter and FranK can take Bullock's minutes in the rotation. Looking at how the rotation is shaking up even with all of the injuries, its seems frank and DsJ will be the odd men out.

I think Quickley is our future starting point guard. Im hoping he can win the starting pg spot before the trade deadline, maybe we can flip Payton for additional assets. Maybe Frank can show enough to secure the back up pg role by then.

In a perfect world before the trade deadline Toppin's game emerges, maybe he can be good enough to gamble on flipping Randle on the trade deadline as well.

Despite his good recent performances it’s obvious that Payton is not a starting caliber pg. Neither does he possess the defensive qualities that Frankie has. Barring his injury concerns I’m up for starting IQ ASAP. But would Thibs?

Would try to package Payton / DSJ / Bullock for assets without hesitation.

Don’t have as much confidence in OB1, keep Randle as a mentor type ( along with his much improved game )

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2021  11:09 AM
Knickfury11 wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:The importance of getting the right coaches is shining through the first 6 games. The difference in the way the knicks play this year from the previous decade is night and day! Im hoping this team continues to build on their defensive gains individually as well as a team. Finally a true identity might start to emerge. Im not so concerned with the team's win-loss record this year as long as they continue to give their all each and every game. Im hoping the time comes when nba executives talk about the knicks they will say that a game against the knicks is no longer a sure win. The teams defense is something they are wary of. And if they catch the knicks in a good shooting night they will say that winning that game against the knicks will be an uphill climb.

Despite his good recent performances it’s obvious that Payton is not a starting caliber pg. Neither does he possess the defensive qualities that Frankie has. Barring his injury concerns I’m up for starting IQ ASAP. But would Thibs?

Don’t have as much confidence in OB1, keep Randle as a mentor type ( along with his much improved game )

Thibs will not be up for starting IQ over Payton for at least 20 games, just zero sense to moving a rookie into a role he is not ready for until then, and those games would have to be disastrous ones for Payton and lightening in a bottle for IQ.

And what assets would YOU give up for the likes of Payton/DJ/Bullock? Cause that's what other teams would similarly give up. Pretty much, you know, heavily protect second round picks up to like the 57th pick in year 2030.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2021  11:21 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
1/3/2021  11:37 AM
martin wrote:
Knickfury11 wrote:

Thibs will not be up for starting IQ over Payton for at least 20 games, just zero sense to moving a rookie into a role he is not ready for until then, and those games would have to be disastrous ones for Payton and lightening in a bottle for IQ.

And what assets would YOU give up for the likes of Payton/DJ/Bullock? Cause that's what other teams would similarly give up. Pretty much, you know, heavily protect second round picks up to like the 57th pick in year 2030.

Martin - your always the voice of reason and you know just how to curb my unrealistic fanboy expectations!! Lol! Would it be beneficial to give the youts minutes and let them play through their mistakes? I say look to the future get rid of the bad wood. My biggest fear is we become a low play off seed and end up in mediocre purgatory...

GameThread: Knicks visit Indiana 7pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy