[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game night! Cavs are 3-0, time to remind our preseason bitches who's boss
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

12/29/2020  10:55 PM
Knicks are going to drop a couple soon so let's hang on to the optimism. We're heading in the right direction.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/29/2020  10:58 PM
Man, I miss the game and Knicks win they trying to tell me I'm the reason they're trash?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

12/29/2020  11:02 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Welpee wrote:OT: has anyone noticed that the Wizards are 0-4 (3 games at home) with Westbrook averaging a triple double? As bad as our point guards are, I am so glad we didn't go that direction.

Wasn't long ago that some media and fans were pushing for us to trade #1's, Randle, etc. for Westbrook and his stinky contract. Thank f@#king God.

I still want to trade Randle, but even I wouldn't do it for Westbrook. Glad he's pumping up that value tho. Could Randle bring us back a first-rounder?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
doomed
Member: #1078
USA
12/29/2020  11:09 PM
I want a lot more than one lousy first rounder for Randle. Why the hell are you looking to trade the guy based on some flawed perception? Randle was always underrated here. He played in the most garbage and lacking system known to man last season. Fizdale should have been arrested for the job he did here. Thibs is a real HC. Randle is a real talent. Doesn’t play much d but he’s an elite offensive player. First rounder? Keep going. We ain’t giving him away so forget it. Randle is not a player you dump.
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/29/2020  11:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Welpee wrote:OT: has anyone noticed that the Wizards are 0-4 (3 games at home) with Westbrook averaging a triple double? As bad as our point guards are, I am so glad we didn't go that direction.

Wasn't long ago that some media and fans were pushing for us to trade #1's, Randle, etc. for Westbrook and his stinky contract. Thank f@#king God.

I still want to trade Randle, but even I wouldn't do it for Westbrook. Glad he's pumping up that value tho. Could Randle bring us back a first-rounder?
Yeah, but like with Morris it would probably be a lower first round pick from a playoff team. If we're heading back to the lottery at the trade deadline maybe we do it. If we've made progress and we're sniffing .500, I think we keep him.
BigDaddyG

12/29/2020  11:15 PM
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Yeah, but like with Morris it would probably be a lower first round pick from a playoff team. If we're heading back to the lottery at the trade deadline maybe we do it. If we've made progress and we're sniffing .500, I think we keep him.

Fair. Sniffing .500 would be a huge turnaround, no doubt. But that's not gonna get us Cade!
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/29/2020  11:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Nalod wrote:Lot of whining on this board for a game the Knicks been winning.

We have higher standards, now...You don't just want to win, you want to win while doing the kind of things which will help you win against better competition.

“Higher Standards”? How is that? What part of losing do we like? I’m not the one who replaced damn near the whole front office? Did not cost me or any fan. How are we somehow more deserving? What “standard” did we as fans some how become entitled to?

Typical Knick fandom. Even when we win they are picky about it. May be because they also have to eat crow about the guys that are getting us the win?

Wow! Thibs defensive-coaching has Randle's Hero-ball winning games!
A helluva improvement in the last two games.
We have a 10 game schedule I already marked 2-8 at the start of the season, but after the Knicks two defensive game wins, i'm not sure, especially if Randle keep playing at a high team-ball role, and our team-defense get better each game. Plus im waiting to see a back-court of Frank & Quickley running the point & plays.

Welpee
Member: #6239

12/29/2020  11:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Fair. Sniffing .500 would be a huge turnaround, no doubt. But that's not gonna get us Cade!
No doubt. But we chased that #1 pick how many times and it hasn't worked. How many more years do we bank on tanking and hoping to hit pay dirt in the lottery?
Dupe
Member: #3483

12/30/2020  1:15 AM
I agree. Take as many wins as we can and let’s enjoy it. It’s always the most fun when it’s unexpected. I’m sick of tanking crap. A long shot lotto and .500 season sounds good to me after sucking so bad and still missing out on the top guys.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

12/30/2020  2:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:One knock against Thibs is playing his starters too many mins...We beat the Bucks by 20 and had a large lead most of the 2nd half and Randle still played 37 mins and RJ played 38....I know we have a couple of guys out so hopefully this trend doesn't continue when we are healthy
Frank was playing good D on Garland. We need him back in.
That is franks biggest contribution to a team. He makes it difficult for the opposing guards to score. He makes them very uncomfortable

He makes it easy for the coach to pull him (which he did) because he doesn't do enough other things.

Coach couldn't pull quickly because he's hitting 3's setting guys up, playing at a face pace, penetrating, defending.

A Frank that can hit threes at a >35% rate is a special player you really really want on your team. His defense last night was a marvel to behold. And I believe he will get there with the 3-point shooting.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/30/2020  4:24 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:One knock against Thibs is playing his starters too many mins...We beat the Bucks by 20 and had a large lead most of the 2nd half and Randle still played 37 mins and RJ played 38....I know we have a couple of guys out so hopefully this trend doesn't continue when we are healthy
Frank was playing good D on Garland. We need him back in.
That is franks biggest contribution to a team. He makes it difficult for the opposing guards to score. He makes them very uncomfortable

He makes it easy for the coach to pull him (which he did) because he doesn't do enough other things.

Coach couldn't pull quickly because he's hitting 3's setting guys up, playing at a face pace, penetrating, defending.

A Frank that can hit threes at a >35% rate is a special player you really really want on your team. His defense last night was a marvel to behold. And I believe he will get there with the 3-point shooting.

Frank played a huge factor in last nights win with his defense.. he really made garland and sexton his bitch last night.

sharpoon
Member: #8923

12/30/2020  5:31 AM
would have had to rethink things if we lost to these cavs
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/30/2020  5:48 AM
sharpoon wrote:would have had to rethink things if we lost to these cavs

The great part is that we didn’t play very good we were sloppy and came out with the win... that something good teams can do is pull of wins even on off nights

unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
12/30/2020  6:03 AM
Barrett needs to get his offensive game together, Mitch needs to roll harder on offense and play better man defense, Frank needs to be more aggressive when starting the offense. The last 2 games are good but it can lead to fools gold as teams will stop giving us space. Randle bight go back to his old bad habits once the defense adjusts. We need Barrett to be the solid second option.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/30/2020  7:07 AM
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

I would think 20 million in salary would be tough to take back from a good team wihout hurting their core. At some point we will have to trade him because we picked Obi. I hope we didn't draft him at 8 to be a 15 minute back up because the pick would look even worse

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/30/2020  7:49 AM
Randle is 26. Is he a all NBA star? No. But look at us trying to keep getting rid of him taking a first round pick is gong to be better with him. Maybe, maybe not.
Why not just enjoy his power and improved handle until OBI exceeds him.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/30/2020  8:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2020  8:18 AM
Nalod wrote:Randle is 26. Is he a all NBA star? No. But look at us trying to keep getting rid of him taking a first round pick is gong to be better with him. Maybe, maybe not.

It's the Knicks fan way. Dream about the future. And keep losing every year. I'll take being good now over looking at Briggs 40+ potential top 10 pick threads. Or Frank will kill it if we give him just one more chance threads. Cade will be nice but do Knick fans remember the several hundred other FA and drafts dreams? All that never came through. Why not keep good players? That's a new idea.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/30/2020  8:41 AM
I don’t see us trading randle merely for a late first rounder. So against thibs ethos. Same for tanking

That said, don’t we still have a lot of cap space? I can imagine us deploying that somehow —- not sure how though

Defense has been stiff for sure, but I also think back to Larry bird (as player and coach). He loved teams w big guards who could defend and rebound. Though shooting is poor elf rj and frank check those boxes

(5)(5)
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/30/2020  8:53 AM
Dupe wrote:I agree. Take as many wins as we can and let’s enjoy it. It’s always the most fun when it’s unexpected. I’m sick of tanking crap. A long shot lotto and .500 season sounds good to me after sucking so bad and still missing out on the top guys.

Knicks tank = 8th pick in the draft

Silver is never doing us any favors. I’m done trying to tank let’s at least be competitive this season

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/30/2020  8:55 AM
Nalod wrote:Randle is 26. Is he a all NBA star? No. But look at us trying to keep getting rid of him taking a first round pick is gong to be better with him. Maybe, maybe not.

I want at least 2 first round picks for Randle or, a surefire top 4 draft pick at the very least

Randle is playing lights out and has a very team friendly contract

Game night! Cavs are 3-0, time to remind our preseason bitches who's boss

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy