[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game night! Cavs are 3-0, time to remind our preseason bitches who's boss
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

12/30/2020  9:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2020  9:02 AM
Randle is playing great right now. Hopefully it continues. Honestly I’m not sure what his future with us is but if he is traded it needs to be a very attractive deal for us to pull the trigger. The Morris deal looks good because we got Quickley with that first rounder AND the Detroit Second Rounder which as of right now will be at the very top of the second round in a deep class. But it would be great if Randle keeps playing like this and we roll with him going forward
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/30/2020  9:03 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Welpee wrote:OT: has anyone noticed that the Wizards are 0-4 (3 games at home) with Westbrook averaging a triple double? As bad as our point guards are, I am so glad we didn't go that direction.

Wasn't long ago that some media and fans were pushing for us to trade #1's, Randle, etc. for Westbrook and his stinky contract. Thank f@#king God.

I still want to trade Randle, but even I wouldn't do it for Westbrook. Glad he's pumping up that value tho. Could Randle bring us back a first-rounder?
Yeah, but like with Morris it would probably be a lower first round pick from a playoff team. If we're heading back to the lottery at the trade deadline maybe we do it. If we've made progress and we're sniffing .500, I think we keep him.

I would think 20 million in salary would be tough to take back from a good team wihout hurting their core. At some point we will have to trade him because we picked Obi. I hope we didn't draft him at 8 to be a 15 minute back up because the pick would look even worse

Not necessarily. Take the Clippers again, suppose they thought Randle would get them over the hump, they could put together a package with Nicolas Batum and not mess up their core (I have no idea if the Clippers can trade their pick in consecutive years).
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/30/2020  9:33 AM
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Welpee wrote:OT: has anyone noticed that the Wizards are 0-4 (3 games at home) with Westbrook averaging a triple double? As bad as our point guards are, I am so glad we didn't go that direction.

Wasn't long ago that some media and fans were pushing for us to trade #1's, Randle, etc. for Westbrook and his stinky contract. Thank f@#king God.

I still want to trade Randle, but even I wouldn't do it for Westbrook. Glad he's pumping up that value tho. Could Randle bring us back a first-rounder?
Yeah, but like with Morris it would probably be a lower first round pick from a playoff team. If we're heading back to the lottery at the trade deadline maybe we do it. If we've made progress and we're sniffing .500, I think we keep him.

I would think 20 million in salary would be tough to take back from a good team wihout hurting their core. At some point we will have to trade him because we picked Obi. I hope we didn't draft him at 8 to be a 15 minute back up because the pick would look even worse

Not necessarily. Take the Clippers again, suppose they thought Randle would get them over the hump, they could put together a package with Nicolas Batum and not mess up their core (I have no idea if the Clippers can trade their pick in consecutive years).
Nope the Clippers can’t trade their first rounder in consecutive years. It would ha Eh to be 2022
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/30/2020  10:04 AM
unstopaball12 wrote:Barrett needs to get his offensive game together, Mitch needs to roll harder on offense and play better man defense, Frank needs to be more aggressive when starting the offense. The last 2 games are good but it can lead to fools gold as teams will stop giving us space. Randle bight go back to his old bad habits once the defense adjusts. We need Barrett to be the solid second option.

+1

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/30/2020  10:16 AM
Am I missing something? If Randle is playing well AND the team is playing well, why are the Knicks trading him?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/30/2020  12:26 PM
martin wrote:Am I missing something? If Randle is playing well AND the team is playing well, why are the Knicks trading him?

The knicks are not going to trade randle, we have a star in the making. I think tibs would resign if we did lol and rightfully so. I think randle deserves a apology from the haters .

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/30/2020  12:41 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:Am I missing something? If Randle is playing well AND the team is playing well, why are the Knicks trading him?

The knicks are not going to trade randle, we have a star in the making. I think tibs would resign if we did lol and rightfully so. I think randle deserves a apology from the haters .

Give it 20-30 ish games. He looks fantastic now but we've seen this before. Not saying he could instantly revert back to last season but I want to see how our boys will react when things get tough i.e going on losing streaks or shots arn't falling.

The Future is Bright!
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

12/30/2020  12:46 PM
Papabear Says

I agree Randle is playing great ball so why trade him? We are good at that and thats why we have just about all new players on the team. And you ask why do stars don't want to come to the Knick? Maybe we can win 40 games this year.YOU want to trade Randle for first round picks then trade those picks for other picks and get rid of them for us to tank again and again and again. Man it's crazy

Papabear
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/30/2020  1:03 PM
TPercy wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Give it 20-30 ish games. He looks fantastic now but we've seen this before. Not saying he could instantly revert back to last season but I want to see how our boys will react when things get tough i.e going on losing streaks or shots arn't falling.

Yeah, Randle is probably going to go back into the Spin Zone at some point. Randle and Payton aren't old, but they've been in the league long enough for us to know they aren't stars. We need to tank and clear out cap space. Worse case scenario is that the Knicks keep Randle and extend him on another $20M per deal.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

12/30/2020  1:30 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

I agree Randle is playing great ball so why trade him?

Buy low, sell high, get rich.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/30/2020  5:17 PM
TPercy wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

we have? When? I dont ever remember Randle being the effective player he's been this year. 20-30 games is fair. We havent seen the team defend like this since JVG was coaching
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/30/2020  5:56 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Nope the Clippers can’t trade their first rounder in consecutive years. It would ha Eh to be 2022
I thought so. But it was just an example of a team not having to break up their core to put together a deal for Randle if they have an overpaid player they can unload, provided they can give the Knicks something that helps us (i.e. picks or a young player who hasn't emerged yet).
Game night! Cavs are 3-0, time to remind our preseason bitches who's boss

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy