[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Bucks in town 730pm
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/28/2020  8:24 AM
Wait a second, RJ had more fouls than MitchRob????
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/28/2020  8:26 AM
Frank on help defense is significant. It does change and helps the interior defense.
Clyde is god, but he drones about taking Elf out without thought that a players gets tired? Why wait until play erodes.
Payton still had a great game. I love Clyde, but he is not always right. Knicks mostly lose so he sounds righteous most of the time.

MY guess is on back to back’s the plan was play smith and then Frank. Dennis is trying on defense and not doing a bad job. His offense looks non improved.
Last night Frank hesitated, then he still hit is first 3pter. It was like Thibs was “shoot the ****ing ball........”!
IM not in Franks head like some of you are and can’t speak to it but in general I see frank playing defense and offense with more reckless abandon. More fouls and turnovers, along with some bad shots. To me its indicative that they are trying to unleash him. Perhaps from himself??
Rivers will get a chance unless this team starts winning without him. Then he has to crack a successful rotation. Elf’s play opened things up but thats because we ere shooting last night. Burk’s and Knox had space.
Knickfury11
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
12/28/2020  9:35 AM
Kemet wrote:
Welpee wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Frank showing why he should be in rotation.
Showed why DSJ shouldn't be in the rotation.

DSJ who?
Frank & MitchRob brings a defensive tenacity that wins games, they both are defensive-minded players that has elite skills on a good defense brings a scoring offense.

Agreed. Playing Mitch & Frankie decent minutes maximises their strongest qualities, defence!! I’m resigned to believe that neither will develop much more offensively. But there play will benefit others on our roster.

I’m both shocked and delighted with Elf’s play, long may it continue ( Forever the optimist ). Although ultimately I want him and DSJ gone.

With a longer term strategic view ( tank for cade / suggs) I hope that Thibs continues to allocate significant minutes to the young uns - OB1 & IQ.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/28/2020  10:05 AM
UKDad wrote:Sitting with Martin, enjoying the game.
you picked a good one!

GREAT to see the PGs simply play better. If we are going to turn the corner we need guys like Frank to become NBA pros and do the things they can do well. Frank picked up a lot of PFs but obviously played well and helped fight off the Milw comeback in the 3rd.

Elf is not as good as he played last night, but he's not as bad as he was the first 2 games either.

Burks looks great. I feel like he's the #1 "fetch us an FRP" trade candidate.

I thought we shot really well and the Bucks shot pretty bad but I thought the biggest positive might have been Mitch who played a ton of minutes and changes how we defend. Even when he's not blocking 5-6 shots he's changing who players attack the basket and I think we really saw that yesterday.

Simply good to see a win and the guys playing better. Cant wait for Quickly/Obi to get back

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/28/2020  10:14 AM
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Ironically everyone of yesterday’s starters was on fizz’s team

Something to noodle on when people say this is a players league and minimize the importance of a coach

Fizz was horrible. This team looked significantly better once Miller became interim and is now looking even better with Thibs

Fizz never made adjustments and always looked like a genuine sour puss on the sidelines

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/28/2020  10:15 AM
Nalod wrote:Frank on help defense is significant. It does change and helps the interior defense.
Clyde is god, but he drones about taking Elf out without thought that a players gets tired? Why wait until play erodes.
Payton still had a great game. I love Clyde, but he is not always right. Knicks mostly lose so he sounds righteous most of the time.

MY guess is on back to back’s the plan was play smith and then Frank. Dennis is trying on defense and not doing a bad job. His offense looks non improved.
Last night Frank hesitated, then he still hit is first 3pter. It was like Thibs was “shoot the ****ing ball........”!
IM not in Franks head like some of you are and can’t speak to it but in general I see frank playing defense and offense with more reckless abandon. More fouls and turnovers, along with some bad shots. To me its indicative that they are trying to unleash him. Perhaps from himself??
Rivers will get a chance unless this team starts winning without him. Then he has to crack a successful rotation. Elf’s play opened things up but thats because we ere shooting last night. Burk’s and Knox had space.

Can someone buy Isiah tix to Cancun so we can extend Frank behind his back?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/28/2020  11:45 AM
Man some creative people on the internet

martin wrote:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
12/28/2020  11:46 AM
UKDad wrote:Sitting with Martin, enjoying the game.

Yessssss. Family time. Enjoy!!!

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/28/2020  11:54 AM
Nalod wrote:Frank on help defense is significant. It does change and helps the interior defense.

Frank plays defense on the perimeter better than any player on the roster and his pressure can make things easier for his teammates on that end. In return the players with superior offensive ability to him can net him some open shots making him a 2 way threat as well as open up space for them to operate. AKA teamwork. The more Frank is viewed as a threat to hit open 3s. The more opponents will have to respect it. The more space opens up in the paint. But getting him those looks with unselfish play starts that.

Frank isn’t a natural PG or shot creator. He will rely on better offensive players to create for him. It’s pretty clear what Frank brings to the table and the role for him to be placed in. For his and the teams success. Either it’s done or it isn’t.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

12/28/2020  12:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2020  12:10 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Frank isn’t a natural PG or shot creator. He will rely on better offensive players to create for him. It’s pretty clear what Frank brings to the table and the role for him to be placed in. For his and the teams success. Either it’s done or it isn’t.

This is a very good point. A lot of European players are brought up to play passing team ball and score within the flow of team play. KP was a player like that, not a natural shot creator (for himself), yet we never set up a system to create for him. Dallas saw his abilities and was able and willing to tailor its offense to play up to them, making him that much more effective than he was with us (playing off Doncic being ideal for him). A smarter team than the Knicks would similarly be able to get a lot more out of Frank, I am certain.

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

12/28/2020  12:20 PM
Welpee wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah...this is what it has come to with the Knicks.

At least a victory like this might mean something for their psyche...unlike my idiot Jets, who decided to destroy their chances for the #1 pick for no good reason, and despite the mighty effort of their recently departed defensive coordinator.

Hopefully, things will be changing for the Knicks.

I don't see Lawrence being some once in a generation talent. I guarantee there will be players picked below him who will have better careers than him. I'm not stressing it.

I don't either...but I was hoping to trade out of the spot with a team that did think he's that special.

I'm looking for another offensive tackle, a monster edge rusher, and a burner pass receiver.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/28/2020  12:30 PM
martin wrote:Man some creative people on the internet

martin wrote:

I will take a reliable role player, who accepts his role Once Frank gives up on his PG fantasies, he will have a better chance of making it.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/28/2020  2:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I will take a reliable role player, who accepts his role Once Frank gives up on his PG fantasies, he will have a better chance of making it.
there is no reason he cant play backup PG. The Marcus Smart role would be great. 15-20 mins a night at backup PG, clocks around 30 minutes a game for defense and floor spacing.

Obviously 4-4 from downtown wont be the norm but Frank's shot LOOKS good and we have seen it in international play, just not here. Dude is 6'6 with a 7 foot wingspan and elite defense. Getting him healthy and good enough to be a rotation guy would be a huge win for this coaching staff. I am rooting for that, plus the Knicks NEED a guy who plays his role. 22 is young still. Nobody is making excuses for him, he's got to play better but I see no reason he cant be a good backup PG in this league in that role

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/28/2020  5:32 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Frank plays defense on the perimeter better than any player on the roster and his pressure can make things easier for his teammates on that end. In return the players with superior offensive ability to him can net him some open shots making him a 2 way threat as well as open up space for them to operate. AKA teamwork. The more Frank is viewed as a threat to hit open 3s. The more opponents will have to respect it. The more space opens up in the paint. But getting him those looks with unselfish play starts that.

In last night Knicks win over the Bucks poor defensive performance gave the ISO-Knicks the opportunity to not force their shots, which help the Knicks shoot 60% the majority of the game.
The Knicks offense are still flawed by no-help offense because the majority of Knick players refuse or dont know how to screen or pick for their fellow teammates. Last season ball-hogger Randle has learn throughout the Covid-19 offseason how to pass the ball to teammates however, Randle still havn't learn how to put up a decent screen or pick for his teammate, and he's considered the team captain or the team leader to follow.
I watch several times rookie Quickley had to dribble the ball around his Knicks teammates to get them to put up a screen for him.
Our Knicks head-coaches offensive-plan Horn/Fiz/Miller/Thibs should be question for not making Knicks teammates put up any screens/picks for any of the Knicks PG, making the Knicks PG (Payton, Frank, or DSJ)look bad on offense with their teammates standing around waiting on a pass. But when our PG are on the defensive-end of the court they are force to run around or threw many Knicks opponents screens and picks set by the opposition.
Our Knicks PG have to be upset at the coaching-plan, and the so-call leader teammates on the court.
One of the reason why the 76ers guards Simmons/Curry, and the Pacers guards Brogdon & Olidipo ate us up alive.

Frank pressuring the ball last night in the first half of the game for 10 straight minutes threw a wrench in the Bucks offensive plan.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/28/2020  6:59 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GameThread: Bucks in town 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy