[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

you have to let Nazr and TT go for 35 minutes
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/20/2004  12:48 AM
the plan was to have these guys play big minutes at their respective positions. they are not playing well, but you cant *punish* them with less minutes, they have to play a few full games and let chips fly where they may.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
10/20/2004  2:26 AM
I agree. At some point they're going to have to play it out. Now as for Nazr, he has to stay out of foul trouble if he wants to be out there for 35 minutes. I think right now, Lenny's just trying to get a good look at everyone. Especially Ariza. This is preseason so he has to see where those guys are. This is obviously why Sundov played more minutes last night than Nazr and Baker combined.

Also, Barret, JYD, Anderson and Brewer got a lot of run. Can someone say NO OFFENSE? lol
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
10/20/2004  2:28 AM
They should get more PT, but I think we all know in the long run neither of these players will be around.

I can envision the Knicks in 3 years with Marbury, Crawford, Ariza, Sweetney, and a C who blocks shots and defends, via either FA, trade, or draft.

A bench of Houston (a better Dell Curry making $20 mil), KT (an Oakley type now), JYD (Eduardo Najera), and a few others (possibly Penny re-signed cheap).

That's the team that I ultimately see contending for something, down the road when the 2/3/4 is in its prime, contributing, and can be relied on, and Marbury has been so battle-tested you know you can count on him.
#Knickstaps
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/20/2004  2:38 AM
Houston's contract will be marketable in two years, and he will be traded.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/20/2004  8:25 AM
briggs, i agree IF they plan to depend that much on tim and nazr but i think with the surprising play of ariza, they changed their philosophy. nazr is getting his chance but he's been getting in foul trouble way too much. he should still be out there tho b/c it's preseason but you can already see that lenny is frustrated. tim, on the other hand, has pretty much shown nothing. maybe he's just coasting until the season starts but in the 3 games (of which i saw 2), he has shown no aggression.

lenny has shown that he'll play players that earn their minutes. if you lollygag, you're out. maybe he's sending a message to them. i think by next week, you'll see the rotation tighten up and they will get minutes.

with the dissapointing play of nazr and with the freakin' shot jock vin (who has NO concept of passing), a sweetney/thomas starting frontcourt seems to be our best option.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/20/2004  6:19 PM
Funny thing is, I was reading how Sundov plays so well in practice and also has a nice midrange( better then doleac) shot. But it doesn't carry over in the real game. Unfortunately him and others it's what keeps a them on the bench.

What's even worse for nazy is that were so deep, lenny is not going to be obligated to give major minutes to anybody but Steph, and allan.

I think if any player is playing well Defensively or offensively, and your winning the game, then he deserves to stay on the floor.
But most coach's play there starters despit there lack of production, which is stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Man... I'm starting to think 2 for 18.....

With our depth, it's even going to be hard for steph or any knick to make the all star team, because there #s won't be the same as some of the other players who are relied on so heavly by there respected teams..
ES
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/20/2004  7:44 PM
This is a rebuilding PROCESS. Isiah will move Nazr and Tim WHEN he can. Perhaps something will pop loose around the trade deadline this Feb, maybe next Summer, maybe Feb '06, but he will get it done. Sooner or later, their contracts will look very good to some team trying to dump salary. Isiah has only been doing this for 10 full months at this point and he's done a heck of a job. Give him a little more time.
¿ △ ?
TheloniusMonk
USA
10/20/2004  9:54 PM
True. Well said

The Patrick Ewing Knicks that went to the finals weren't put together in ONE season....or one offseason for that matter. We've got more attractive pieces now then we had this time last season and the season before. So now it's a process of matching the right pieces season by season. Much like the Pistons did...meanwhile they were getting knocked out of the playoffs by Jersey or some other team each and every year.

By the way BRIGGS, the Pistons lost to the Wizards tonight....Think they're in trouble? Would this qualify for one of your preseason disaster predictions of the season?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2004  10:10 PM
are we going to start trades after each loss, and sending them all to hall of fame after each win?

If we were sending our SET lineups and they were getting killed, then I would worry. If we are mixing things up, I would not be concerned the least.

Isiah likely wanted his scrubs out there to send a F.U. to utah for the last time in preseason. Exebitions were part of Laydog compensaion in 1999.
TheloniusMonk
USA
10/20/2004  10:12 PM
Posted by Nalod:

are we going to start trades after each loss, and sending them all to hall of fame after each win?

If we were sending our SET lineups and they were getting killed, then I would worry. If we are mixing things up, I would not be concerned the least.

Isiah likely wanted his scrubs out there to send a F.U. to utah for the last time in preseason. Exebitions were part of Laydog compensaion in 1999.

Interesting angle
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/20/2004  11:31 PM
That is interesting. It makes sense from what we know of Isiah. It would have been funnier if he started Shan.
¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/21/2004  1:24 PM
We Always had trading pieces, just not the person to ochastrate them.

If I'm corrrect other then VIN, every new player we have came via trade.
I'm so not a layden fan, But lets be honest, The players he got all had steller NBA careers prior to coming here. And he probably figured NY would regenerate their careers ( which were all on the decline). By the time he relize ( not making any excusses for him) the Bank was close for good, a fiscal respoabilty had been put forth.

Layden was the person behind that deal for steph, and giving the enormus amount of idiodic moves With draft picks, and mcdyess, there had to be alot of pressure for him to make another block buster that would have cost more draft picks, higher salaries, and a lost of a phantom player in milos who was suppose to be the pg of the future.

ISiah's trade for Nazy still looks pretty ridiculous because he hasn't benefited anyone, it's almost a down grade, giving the fact that Nazy is now headed to the bench, which is where he deserves to be. No matter how many Minutes you give him, he doesn't elevate his game one bit, and If TT doesn't have a break out season ( like KVH was in the process of doing), IT is going to look even more ridiculous.

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/21/2004  2:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

the plan was to have these guys play big minutes at their respective positions. they are not playing well, but you cant *punish* them with less minutes, they have to play a few full games and let chips fly where they may.

I 100% agree with this. Its still early in preseason and the only thing to make players play better is to give them PT.
you have to let Nazr and TT go for 35 minutes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy