GameThread: MSG Home Opener v 76ers 730pm
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

12/27/2020  12:41 AM
Vmart wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I am beginning to lose faith that frank will get any shot with this team. I think they should just trade him and get something for him.

I just don’t think they think he’s very good. He’s had his chances.

What chance is he gotten? With every regime change it’s been two steps back and one step forward. With Rose her Frank is outta the building. All because he fired his ass.

Frank was never given a chance in his first to 4th season with the Knicks crazy changes of head-coaches ..
RJ Barrett has seen changes of 3 Knicks head coaches in his rookie season!

And Frank firing Leon Rose as agent, say's Rose has already put the word out, "Frank your the Knicks trading-block" .. coach Thibs prove it in tonight rotation.
Barret had an embarrassing 3 quarters shooting 1-14 for 4 pts, plus not giving any energy or picks to help teammates score .. Why Thibs put RJ on the court in the 4th qtr.???
Frank was suppose to get all of RJ minute of playingtime in the 4th qtr., especially being down by 17 pts, plus Payton performance was crunch out by Simmons/Green/and Curry.

This Covid-19 NBA season, I have not see Frank on the court for 5 straight minute in any of the preseason games, nor in the 0-2 start regular season games. WHY? I and many other fans have seen enough of DSJ ugly performance on the Knicks court in the preseason games. Enough is enough !!!

AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Member: #6048

12/27/2020  12:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2020  1:04 AM
Knixkik wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Gotta ask Thibs if something is wrong with Frank after the game

He would just say Frank hasn’t earned his minutes in practice at this point. Frank has always shown flashes but he’s the exact same player he was as a rookie. He’s either not working on his game, not training properly, or just lacks the confidence to make that leap as a player.

https://knicksmecca.blogspot.com/2020/12/the-ship-be-sinkin-again.html

I expected a slow start to the season in terms of wins and losses. Maybe 2-8. But time enough to maybe get it together. And in thinking so, I'm obviously projecting how I might have viewed the schedule as an opportunity to develop some team chemistry.

Judging from these first two games, Thibs kinda/sorta has that goal in mind but he's implementing that goal by trying to win with patterns of pretty vanilla coaching folklore (play the vets). This approach is indistinguishable from what we saw from Fizdale a year ago for twenty some games. Let's acknowledge that march through Knicks fandom hell as Mike Miller's learning sabbatical. Thibs is making the same mistakes that the ghosts of coaching staffs past have made over and over and over again.

Let's summarize something up front. The Knicks have been blown out of two difficult to win contests by big margins and by real sketchy play. And yet, like a Groundhog Day dedicated to punishing Knicks fans once again, the large volume of criticism involves not the players on the court - OH, NO - NOT THEM.

No, we are being treated (ONE MORE F'N TIME) to criticism of Frank Ntilikina whose involvement in both games amounted to a few minutes of garbage time.

Now we are again being fed the end-of-shelf-life narrative that Frank has not -cough- "earned" his playing time. Let's pretend we are all stupid and accept that premise for a moment. Buying into this empirically means that Payton, DSJ, and a gobbledygook reconfiguration of SGs, SFs, and walk-ons all HAVE EARNED playing time ahead of Frank. After all, the proof is in the game film.

Right.

The other day, Mavs owner, Mark Cuban was being interviewed and got a cheap shot question from one of the ESPN haters who asked if Cuban slept well after allegedly fleecing the Knicks in the Porzingus trade. Cuban diplomatically deflected the question but went on to make an important point about contemporary basketball fans. It is that fans follow players more than uniforms these days.

It's true.

And the majority of Knicks fans are Frankie fans. If there were fans in MSG last night, the buliding walls would be shaking from fans yelling Frank's name. Don't believe me, ask Fizdale.

There's a cognitive disconnect in how the coaching staffs evaluate Ntilikina. Mike Miller broke the code. After Fizdale's miserable run, Miller's Knicks played .500 ball often with Ntilikina being the catalyst. Frankie fans have seen this movie before. First he's a bust, then he's in games keeping them winnable, then the Knicks win winnable games, and he finally looks to be on his way... and then a new coach who thinks the Paytons of the world are better.

I for one am sick of this stupid loop. Trade Frank somewhere where I can enjoy watching him play - F the Knicks. They'll eventually bumble their way into somebody who is a cookie cutter PG. I don't even care anymore.

Chip Stern and I had a long conversation before the game about the Knicks bad habit of developing players all year long who leave. Gone. The guys who should be developed get free game watching seats.

Payton, Randle, Bullock, DSJ, ...

Why?

The thought occurred to me that in the time of need for a third string Center - could Iggy be a small ball candidate?

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/27/2020  2:24 AM
So I watched the game. Wtf RJ?
The Future is Bright!
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/27/2020  3:38 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I am beginning to lose faith that frank will get any shot with this team. I think they should just trade him and get something for him.
I just don't think they think he's very good. He's had his chances.
What chances?
The hours upon hours that coaches see him in practice, that coaches see him in games. That kid is not the answer in any way shape or form to any of our problems at pg or sg, stop acting like that sht is personal.
You should put me on ignore if you are going to keep being a dick

You guys be acting so naive as to why he's not playing.

Why don't you ask yourself why this kid can't crack the rotation on a roster full of suspect guards

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/27/2020  8:13 AM
Frank supposedly had another groin or ankle issue. Assuming that was true (which I do) his return the other night may have aggravated that. That said he wasn’t setting the world on fire when healthy. So I’m not surprised at all by dnp.

I may be in the running for Frank’s top supporter on this board (and dsj biggest critic) yet want both to do well and hoping new coach is the catalyst. However these guys are absolutely on their last chance w this team and I suspect nba. They either show something now or will be playing overseas or having careers like hezonja and vonleh and mudiay (who were also picked high). Nba is tough. Not all high picks make it

I would like to see at least meaningful contribution from them

(5)(5)
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

12/27/2020  8:50 AM
I am not upset at all by last night's loss. True, it was by a sizeable margin, but the Knicks showed at least a semblance of coherence while playing against a top NBA team (the sheer talent on that Philly squad is very impressive, and we simply had no answers for Embiid, but who does?). I like how this Knick team plays with more energy and effort than in the past seasons. RJ should just keep going, and the shots will fall in the next game, I am seeing a real transformation out of Knox, finally getting that motor, Mitch also looking more composed and focused, despite getting absolutely mauled down low. And if Randle can sustain this type of energy and focus through an entire season, I will become a strong supporter of his. Good to see him try to play team ball.
Only Putrid Payton really disappointed, we should let him out of his brick laying misery. DSJr was not better, but not worse either. I think we lose nothing by cutting at least one of these guys.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/27/2020  9:00 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
What chances?
The hours upon hours that coaches see him in practice, that coaches see him in games. That kid is not the answer in any way shape or form to any of our problems at pg or sg, stop acting like that sht is personal.

Why don't you ask yourself why this kid can't crack the rotation on a roster full of suspect guards

Because he's the only player on the roster that wasn't drafted, signed or traded for by this current FO.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/27/2020  9:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2020  9:50 AM
The real perspective. Randle had another good game. Still the best player on the team. For the second game in a row we gave up 6 points in a half. Would have been 4 out of 4 but the Sixers let off the reins with big 4th quarter lead. For the second game in a row the opposing big had his way. Our forum prinounced best player went 2 for 15 with 4 TO's. Our PG's still cannot hit a 3pt shot. We did a good job to keep it within 5 in the first half but that proved to not be saying much as we eventually got blown out. Fans need to stop the whole Frank Homer thing and the face reality. It's not so bad. We have a few good young pieces. A couple of good NBA players and a whole bunch of guys that need lots of further development. Or you can just keep the unrealistic conspiracy laced dreams alive. I enjoyed the game and think that we will continue to improve.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
12/27/2020  11:07 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:The real perspective. Randle had another good game. Still the best player on the team. For the second game in a row we gave up 6 points in a half. Would have been 4 out of 4 but the Sixers let off the reins with big 4th quarter lead. For the second game in a row the opposing big had his way. Our forum prinounced best player went 2 for 15 with 4 TO's. Our PG's still cannot hit a 3pt shot. We did a good job to keep it within 5 in the first half but that proved to not be saying much as we eventually got blown out. Fans need to stop the whole Frank Homer thing and the face reality. It's not so bad. We have a few good young pieces. A couple of good NBA players and a whole bunch of guys that need lots of further development. Or you can just keep the unrealistic conspiracy laced dreams alive. I enjoyed the game and think that we will continue to improve.

Knicks just drafted Randle’s(“our best player”) replacement with the #8 lotto pick. Biggest knock on the Knicks for years has been the failure to build a team of complimentary pieces as well as putting everyone is a position to fail time and time again. Always in transition. Even with cap space to cherry pick role players that fit.

Can you name me the plan for Randle to succeed here when he was signed? Or what the vision was for how he would fit with the team. To me it seems more like he was sign strictly because he was the best available name in attempt to throw things stuff on a wall hoping something sticks. But no real vision when it came to team construction.

Why are we to believe that the next batch of young talent brought in here and future FAs won’t suffer the same fate?

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/27/2020  11:51 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
What chances?

Because he's the only player on the roster that wasn't drafted, signed or traded for by this current FO.

So what you're basically saying is that they are not playing him because they personally don't like him (this isn't marbury and MDA), he's the worst guard on the team in their eyes.

He's just not playing at the level he needs to be playing at, that's totally on him.

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/27/2020  11:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
What chances?

So what you're basically saying is that they are not playing him because they personally don't like him (this isn't marbury and MDA), he's the worst guard on the team in their eyes.

He's just not playing at the level he needs to be playing at, that's totally on him.

You talk about Frank more than anyone in here 😂
newyorknewyork
12/27/2020  12:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
What chances?

No I’m saying they are going to favor players they have their names attached to. Over the one they don’t. Which doesn’t really fall under personal. Falls more under business, politics, self preservation. DSJr isn’t better than Frank. He hasn’t been better than Frank dating back to all of last season. But I understand giving him the shot at backup PG within the current circumstances. Payton hasn’t done anything to warrant resigning him let alone the NTC given to him. Followed by 30mins a night as the starting PG. Payton can also only play PG that’s his skill set as Smith. Yet Frank who probably isn’t naturally a PG most likely wouldn’t be much different than what they have offered so far. But I’m not advocating for Frank to be the PG so that’s all besides the point. Reggie Bullock also most likely has no real future here. Frank going into his 4th yr they should have either committed to seeing what he was gonna bring to the table or they should have traded him for an asset. Having him buried most likely isn’t personal. Just poor judgement calls leading to this.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/27/2020  1:26 PM
Funny how some of you were killing me and others for feeling like this is another lost season in terms of wins and losses. We are a bad team. We knew that coming in. Yeah, we now have a coach and the rookies are promising, but we are in another transition year where the best we can expect is improvement in our young players while great luck in the draft positioning (we lose and Mavs lose too).

It’s nice we have some fight to keep the game close for a while, but we lack PGs, consistent outside shooting and consistent defense to even stay in the game against good teams. It’s just the way it is. We are on our way, but no way close yet.

Knicks_Fan
GameThread: MSG Home Opener v 76ers 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy