[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knick Game Time.........Game 1 on the road vs. Pacers..........
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/23/2020  1:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2020  2:44 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I think we win 43+ games! We shock the world!
I'm right there with ya unless tibs rides our overrated vets ... if quick gets big minutes hopefully starts as well as Knox I think this team is a 40+ win team... I really get the feeling that quick is gonna win the rookie of the year. I think quick could average 20+ And 7 assists per with a huge + rating. I think it's gonna be hard to keep him off the floor.

I think obi is gonna take some time to adjust but the talent is there.

Best players and break outs:
Randle
Knox
Robinson
Rj
Quick

My hope is that this is the rotation that thibs run with...

Frank, IQ, RJ, Randle, MRob

Burks, Obi, Knox , Noel, Bullock

I’d really like to see Frank get some burn he’s way to good of a defensive player not to get good mins

this is what i don't understand, if he's that good of an a option more than anyone else at his position, why would there be a question of him getting minutes, it would be a no brainer right?

ES
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

12/23/2020  3:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I think we win 43+ games! We shock the world!
I'm right there with ya unless tibs rides our overrated vets ... if quick gets big minutes hopefully starts as well as Knox I think this team is a 40+ win team... I really get the feeling that quick is gonna win the rookie of the year. I think quick could average 20+ And 7 assists per with a huge + rating. I think it's gonna be hard to keep him off the floor.

I think obi is gonna take some time to adjust but the talent is there.

Best players and break outs:
Randle
Knox
Robinson
Rj
Quick

My hope is that this is the rotation that thibs run with...

Frank, IQ, RJ, Randle, MRob

Burks, Obi, Knox , Noel, Bullock

I’d really like to see Frank get some burn he’s way to good of a defensive player not to get good mins

this is what i don't understand, if he's that good of an a option more than anyone else at his position, why would there be a question of him getting minutes, it would be a no brainer right?

I think because of our depth, tibs will play his bench according to in game needs ... so if we need shooting and scoring he might ride the pine, if he needs stops esp at the end of games Frank should be in, just look at what he did to top end guards like luka and Kyrie ... he’s a lockdown defensive player..

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/23/2020  5:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2020  5:17 PM
Will be interesting to see who starts, who gets minutes, who doesnt. Last game Quickley was a real catalyst on offense. Smith jr. became more energetic with Quickley on the court.
Which is good and bad.

Good for obvious reasons. Bad because Smith jr shouldnt need a rookie PG to get him to play with some intensity. He's supposed to be a catalyst on offense himself.

Big men often need someone to get them going, because the ball is out of their hands. DSJr, (and Frank) have to match Quickley's energy from the jump, or they arent much use in building a core.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/23/2020  5:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2020  5:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Will be interesting to see who starts, who gets minutes, who doesnt. Last game Quickley was a real catalyst on offense. Smith jr. became more energetic with Quickley on the court.
Which is good and bad.

Good for obvious reasons. Bad because Smith jr shouldnt need a rookie PG to get him to play with some intensity. He's supposed to be a catalyst on offense himself.

Big men often need someone to get them going, because the ball is out of their hands. DSJr, (and Frank) have to match Quickley's energy from the jump, or they arent much use in building a core.

Last year, the question was who would be the starting pg, Smith or Frank? After thelast pre-season game, the question is who will start between Payton or Quickley? There's a chance both Frank and Dennis will be completely out of the rotation at some point. How Quickley things change....

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/23/2020  5:29 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Will be interesting to see who starts, who gets minutes, who doesnt. Last game Quickley was a real catalyst on offense. Smith jr. became more energetic with Quickley on the court.
Which is good and bad.

Last year, the question was who would be the starting pg, Smith or Frank? After thelast pre-season game, the question is who will start between Payton or Quickley? There's a chance both Frank and Dennis will be completely out of the rotation at some point. How Quickley things change....

thats my take.
PG: Elf/Quickley
SG: RJ/Bullock
SF: Burkes/Knox
PF: Randle/Obi
C: Mitch/Noel

Unless Frank or Dennis play over Bullock or Burkes I can see them sitting

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/23/2020  6:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2020  6:11 PM

BOOOOOOO!!!

fitzfarm

12/23/2020  6:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:

BOOOOOOO!!!

Ditto... I only hope he pulls Payton quick when they see the pacers playing defense at the free throw line and making the spacing impossible to score.

fitzfarm

12/23/2020  6:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2020  6:21 PM
Why on earth start a losing pg like Payton who is a brick layer is beyond me ... I’ll be watching Payton like a hawk for all the anti spacing
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/23/2020  6:18 PM
Bullock over Burks as well?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
USA
12/23/2020  6:22 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Bullock over Burks as well?
he doesnt get much love here but I think Bullock is the best of our vets. You saw the good Bullock vs. Cle... playing great D, quick 3s and an athletic guy in transition. He should get some open looks for sure
fitzfarm

12/23/2020  6:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
he doesnt get much love here but I think Bullock is the best of our vets. You saw the good Bullock vs. Cle... playing great D, quick 3s and an athletic guy in transition. He should get some open looks for sure

He won’t with Payton at pg

fishmike
USA
12/23/2020  6:24 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Why on earth start a losing pg like Payton who is a brick layer is beyond me ... I’ll be watching Payton like a hawk for all the anti spacing
he's not sexy but he never turns over the ball and gets in the paint. It puts pressure on RJ/Bullock and Randle to hit some jumpers.
Uptown

12/23/2020  6:25 PM

I thought Burks would be the starter for sure....I guess Bullocks break-out game in the final pre-season gave him the nod. But, if thats the case, the pre-season game catapulted Bullock into the starting lineup but not Quickley? As much as I would love to see Quick start, I figured Payton would get the nod. Hopefully, Quick is the first guard off the bench....

fitzfarm

12/23/2020  6:26 PM
fishmike wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Why on earth start a losing pg like Payton who is a brick layer is beyond me ... I’ll be watching Payton like a hawk for all the anti spacing
he's not sexy but he never turns over the ball and gets in the paint. It puts pressure on RJ/Bullock and Randle to hit some jumpers.

True I just hope quick is off the bench at first sign of the pacers abusing Payton out there

Uptown

12/23/2020  6:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Which is good and bad.

thats my take.
PG: Elf/Quickley
SG: RJ/Bullock
SF: Burkes/Knox
PF: Randle/Obi
C: Mitch/Noel

Unless Frank or Dennis play over Bullock or Burkes I can see them sitting

Don't forget, Rivers will be back soon and he's will definitely get into the rotation...Quick, Burkes or Bullock will lose minutes and or a spot in the rotation...

Uptown

12/23/2020  6:55 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/23/2020  6:58 PM
Uptown wrote:

Bootum forgot to do Hours of Sleep in his Net Rating formula, Burkes probably hasn't had any lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/23/2020  6:59 PM
fishmike wrote:

This. He shot like 90% the past game. He is also a good defender.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/23/2020  7:00 PM
For some unknown reason, I believe the Knicks will win their first game of the season.
Hopefully, Thibs will be creative and let rookie Quickley play at the SG position the first 3 quarters of the game. And put Rookie OBI Toppin at the SF position. I'm hoping Dennis Smith Jr. Bruised left quad keep him out for a while.
And Burks over Bullock all day everyday.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/23/2020  7:11 PM
OMFG Payton and Bullock starting?
Knick Game Time.........Game 1 on the road vs. Pacers..........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy