[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knick Game Time.........Game 1 on the road vs. Pacers..........
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

12/24/2020  11:59 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:Mitch has to grow the **** up. Stop being just an athlete and start being a basketball player

It doesn’t take an athlete to fall for a pump fake. That’s pure reactionary/stupidity to go with good offense.

It’s clear thar Mitch just hasn’t made an effort to fix these things in the past.

He also looked physically weak compared to Sabonis. If he had any base strength, he wouldn’t have been so abused by a single bump the way he was in the first quarter, where everyone thought Sabonis fouled him offensively.

The Knicks should have given D.Angelo Jordan a 3 to 4 yr extension to be an asset for the growth of MitchRob's future.
I didn't understand Thibs not giving MitchRob or Noel playing-time in the 4th qtr., they both had 3 fouls each.
I really didn't need to see Randle playing Hero-ball in the 4th qtr of our first game.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/24/2020  12:12 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:It really sucks quick got injured changed the whole outcome of the game

Quick was playing well and controlling us, but the Pacers have been over us all game long and as good teams do, the moment the opposition let the guard down, they attacked.

We are just a young team losing to a better one.

I disagree I think the pacers are garbage - sabonis

Without quick they were able to play all over us

They are well coached, they are scrappy and active on defense. Sabonis is a headache and they have shooters. Oladipo is there too. They aren’t garbage at all.

I don’t know, I think this game was totally winnable if quick didn’t get injured... again if sabonis is out they are garbage

It was winnable, depending on the Knicks keeping toe-to-toe with the Pacers, and they had done with a blazing three-point shooting that wasn’t sustainable. We did have a chance, but I think it was more complicated than losing Quick. We could never stop Sabonis or any of their penetration, which made imperative to answer every run constantly and our offense is prone for droughts because of our suspect shooting.

We got a perfect first half out of the team. They have lots of potential. But they are young and it’s expected for them to be up and down in their production.

Sabonis is a beast, Mitch and Noel really pissed tibs off to ride the pine for the end of the game .. it was evident our production went way down hill after quick went out. Our interior defense was awful in the second half, and they were able to pounce on defense knowing our pg couldn’t do jack. It was good coaching on there part to attack our weakness in the second half.

Def a winnable game with a pg that can spread the floor ... we would of had to keep knocking down our open looks and made more stops on the other end.

Regardless it’s gonna be a fun year watching the youth development.

We sat the rim protectors. I would love to know why. We got crushed in the paint in the 2nd half and crushed on the boards. Puzzling
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/24/2020  12:22 PM
Oh yeah! Coach Thibs "where's the Defense" Pacers scored 60 pts in the first half on a NO-Defense Knicks team, then the Pacers scored 61 pts in the 2nd half to a NO-Center & NO-Defense Knick team for a 121-107 win.
The Knicks Ignorance on the defensive-end of the court are why we got Blown-out in the first game of the season.
Where's the DEFENSE coach Thibs ???
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

12/24/2020  12:26 PM
wargames wrote:Quick played well but he is a rookie and the wear and tear of the season might be too much. Peyton is trash and I legit think Austin Rivers has a shot at being the starting PG.

Flip side Thibs not give Frank or DSJ burn most game and even doing a non pg lineup for a few minutes was a mistake. Peyton played bad enough either or both Frank And DSJ should have got his minutes.

Papabear Says

I've seen too many times we had players who had a few great game and we were calling them superstars and then when they came to earth they stunk up the place and we wanted them gone from the team. Quick seems like the real deal but lets wait after he plays 15-20 games. Then we can past judgment on him.

Papabear
foosballnick
Member: #3148

12/24/2020  1:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:It really sucks quick got injured changed the whole outcome of the game

Quick was playing well and controlling us, but the Pacers have been over us all game long and as good teams do, the moment the opposition let the guard down, they attacked.

They are well coached, they are scrappy and active on defense. Sabonis is a headache and they have shooters. Oladipo is there too. They aren’t garbage at all.

I don’t know, I think this game was totally winnable if quick didn’t get injured... again if sabonis is out they are garbage

It was winnable, depending on the Knicks keeping toe-to-toe with the Pacers, and they had done with a blazing three-point shooting that wasn’t sustainable. We did have a chance, but I think it was more complicated than losing Quick. We could never stop Sabonis or any of their penetration, which made imperative to answer every run constantly and our offense is prone for droughts because of our suspect shooting.

We got a perfect first half out of the team. They have lots of potential. But they are young and it’s expected for them to be up and down in their production.

Sabonis is a beast, Mitch and Noel really pissed tibs off to ride the pine for the end of the game .. it was evident our production went way down hill after quick went out. Our interior defense was awful in the second half, and they were able to pounce on defense knowing our pg couldn’t do jack. It was good coaching on there part to attack our weakness in the second half.

Def a winnable game with a pg that can spread the floor ... we would of had to keep knocking down our open looks and made more stops on the other end.

We sat the rim protectors. I would love to know why. We got crushed in the paint in the 2nd half and crushed on the boards. Puzzling

We went small in the first half after 3 quick fouls on both Mitch and Noah and held the lead due to excellent shooting. To me the issue on D in the second half was that no one could stop McConnell at the point of attack which let him continually get to the paint and break our D. This was mainly on Payton IMO.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/24/2020  2:10 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
JesseDark wrote:
martin wrote:Mitch has to grow the **** up. Stop being just an athlete and start being a basketball player
I agree with that. Every scouting report is gonna read give him a pump fake to get him in foul trouble.
True but honestly some of the calls on him were ridiculous. His first two fouls were horrible. The first one Dabonis barrels into him and the second one he got all ball
He has to learn how to sell a foul. Sabonis lowering his shoulder should have been the perfect time to flop. I mean even Mase and Oak sold those. He can also learn how to pull the chair. I know I know. I am showing my age. I would even pull that fookers shorts if it would help me.

Where is Malik Rose when you need him...

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
blkexec
Member: #748
12/24/2020  2:23 PM
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

We went small in the first half after 3 quick fouls on both Mitch and Noah and held the lead due to excellent shooting. To me the issue on D in the second half was that no one could stop McConnell at the point of attack which let him continually get to the paint and break our D. This was mainly on Payton IMO.

It's one thing to be a non shooter....But if Payton is also getting burned by an average guard, why is he starting? I would rather have Quickley and Jared Harper get burned on difference so they can learn.. I'm glad it's only 1 yr, but this signing is looking very suspect. With the makeup of the roster. Payton is a solid backup PG on a team full of shooters. Since we haven't addressed the shooting weakness of the team, might as well let these young PGs learn, and position ourselves for a high draft pick next year. Think about it....We played our best basketball in the first half, and that put us equal to a team playing half speed and their leading scorer only had a few points....It was a perfect storm.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/24/2020  2:44 PM
Why is Obi shooting so many 3's
ES
TPercy
Member: #5748

12/24/2020  2:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Why is Obi shooting so many 3's

This is the way.

The Future is Bright!
blkexec
Member: #748
12/24/2020  3:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Why is Obi shooting so many 3's

I dont get it either. Paint must be crowded to him. I dont think he's used to sharing the block and he's used to being the main focal point. Plus he's a late bloomer. So my guess is he will be a late bloomer at the nba level. But he needs to work on that high rising knuckle ball.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/24/2020  3:50 PM
fishmike wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Got to protect The Tank. Thibbs disguised it well

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fwk00
Member: #6048

12/24/2020  4:40 PM
I think its still a roster in early evaluation.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/24/2020  9:17 PM
fishmike wrote:I thought this game went south when we stopped playing centers and there was zero rim protection. Everyone was free to attack and they did. Why did we go small and not play Mitch or Noel?

Foul trouble was their doom.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/24/2020  9:20 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Yes it will.

I want them to compete as hard as they can. They will win some and lose some more, but this is the year to do it: short season with a strong top of the draft. No savior is coming through free agency, so might as well score high on the draft and develop who you have.

Knicks_Fan
Knick Game Time.........Game 1 on the road vs. Pacers..........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy