[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Last preseason game. Cavs 730
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/19/2020  10:20 AM
Good to see Knox heating up but I need to see how his game adapts when his shot isn’t falling. He already seems to be playing better defense but he still gets blocked/misses easy drives so we’ll have to wait and see.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/19/2020  10:22 AM
What a fun ending to preseason

I saw Jared Harper I thought he was Spud Webb

At 20 years old RJ looks like the elite slashing big SG we saw at Duke. He looks awesome. I dont not want him at SF, his ability to play SG at 6'6 215 with great defense and high athleticism is a huge positional advantage. His ability to handle the ball and start the offense at times only helps if playing next to a scorer like Quick. Lots of teams are starting small back courts like Garland/Sexton or FVV/Lowry, Murray/Harris.. to name a few. Going big AND being fast/athletic is the NBA way to win

Mitch played so well Thibs was impressed

When you look at yearly talent that goes through Kentucky we picked the right college team to pair up with. Quickley belongs and the level of confidence Knox is showing on both ends is great.

GREAT to see Bullock have a good game. He doesnt get much love around here (Uptown ). Of all our vets I think he's the best. He plays great D, his shot is good and he does a ton of little things that help on the floor. He's a high IQ player and a really good guy who's been through some ****. I hope he sticks but I suspect he's got a great chance to land us another late FRP at the deadline when some team needs him for a push.

Randle was a ball mover. He whipped alot of passes around to find open guys. The 8 assists were great but there were some equally nice hockey assists as well.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/19/2020  11:52 AM
Gamerweeeeeedddd

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
12/19/2020  11:53 AM
fishmike
USA
12/19/2020  12:05 PM
martin wrote:Gamerweeeeeedddd

you cant poo poo adding a coach like Thibs and building a whole staff around him of high end guys. Even when we shot for **** in the Pistons loss they still played hard, defended and were well coached. To me that is what really feels different about this year. The young roster is better and RJ looks ready to break out in year 2, but the approach is just so different. The body language, the ball movement.. this is a really different vibe. The shot selection and the defensive intensity on every possession. Easy to see why Thibs teams "overachieve" and I am pretty sure we are gonna see that this year.

We have a big, long, young and athletic squad that is going defend on every possession and we drafted a couple scorers who look like they are gonna help. TODAY

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

12/19/2020  12:09 PM
There is no doubt that for the first time in a long time the Knicks have a legit head coach who has a great track record. You can see the kids playing hard even on defense where many of them are still green.
martin
USA
12/19/2020  12:20 PM
^^ Yes and yes to Thibs. For me, this is why you don't hire Mike Miller just because he was a small bump up from Fiz; it was nice but not nearly good enough.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/19/2020  12:39 PM
Where Thibs is in the coaching stratosphere and whether he was our best choice can always be debatable. What isn't is that he is solid, experienced, hard working, knowledgeable, and in the top tier. Not the roll of the dice of most recent hires.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/19/2020  12:44 PM
martin wrote:^^ Yes and yes to Thibs. For me, this is why you don't hire Mike Miller just because he was a small bump up from Fiz; it was nice but not nearly good enough.
Agreed. I liked Miller and he was Ten times better than Fizdale but Thibs is a legit successful coach
martin
USA
12/19/2020  1:00 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:^^ Yes and yes to Thibs. For me, this is why you don't hire Mike Miller just because he was a small bump up from Fiz; it was nice but not nearly good enough.
Agreed. I liked Miller and he was Ten times better than Fizdale but Thibs is a legit successful coach

and he brings all his juice cards with him. Up by 40 in the 4th quarter in a presason game and still will call a timeout and yell at the guys for 1 mistake. Love it

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/19/2020  1:28 PM
I do hope this game was a sign of things to come. I am hoping Knox can turn things around, he's infuriating at times but I am rooting for him.

Also I don't think RJ has gotten enough hype for his performance this preseason

fishmike
USA
12/19/2020  1:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:I do hope this game was a sign of things to come. I am hoping Knox can turn things around, he's infuriating at times but I am rooting for him.

Im trying to be chill but bro BRO dude DUDE DUUUUUUDDE. He looks like a top 5 pick perenial all star type guy. 2 way player, scorer, ball mover, great IQ and work ethic, gets others involved, a southpaw like myself... I am ALL about building around RJ. If he keeps his FTs up as well he's gonna be a fantastic finisher. With a couple athletic scorers in this years draft I really feel like we have the starts of a squad
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

12/19/2020  1:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I do hope this game was a sign of things to come. I am hoping Knox can turn things around, he's infuriating at times but I am rooting for him.

Im trying to be chill but bro BRO dude DUDE DUUUUUUDDE. He looks like a top 5 pick perenial all star type guy. 2 way player, scorer, ball mover, great IQ and work ethic, gets others involved, a southpaw like myself... I am ALL about building around RJ. If he keeps his FTs up as well he's gonna be a fantastic finisher. With a couple athletic scorers in this years draft I really feel like we have the starts of a squad

RJ also looks like he's moving his feet better on the defensive end. Will be interesting to see how he stacks up against some of the quicker shooting guards. I still think he will end up being a SF at some point, especially if he continues to get stronger, but it appears he's penciled in as our starting SG right now. Really needs to be in that mid to high 30% range on his 3s, though.
There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
martin
USA
12/19/2020  2:03 PM
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

12/19/2020  2:06 PM
There were moments when we really moved the ball well and hit the open man...For the most part, guys weren't holding the ball and over-dribbling, which is great to see.

I'd still like to see a little more offense in the post where we throw the ball in to someone who has established himself down low. Mitch has clearly not refined his game in that area. There are times when it seems he's just throwing the ball up after an offensive rebound, hoping it goes in or he gets a foul.
I find it hard to believe he hasn't developed a tough in the paint.

They have to give Obi some set plays down low. He made a nice pass to a slasher at one point, but I'd like to see him looking to score down low at some point.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
Dupe
Member: #3483

12/19/2020  3:20 PM
It’s nice to be (guardedly) excited about the Knicks. Hell just growth, promise and enthusiasm with some success is enough for me to feel really good about them. I hope our bubble doesn’t get popped when the season starts and we find that our guys are skinny young guys that gets pushed aside by NBA quality squads.
Clean
Member: #743
12/19/2020  6:11 PM
martin wrote:

Yes! Once I saw him directing traffic and how often we scored when he did it in the 4th quarter I was sold. I never even noticed how he was also creating space with his dribbling.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/19/2020  7:50 PM
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:

Yes! Once I saw him directing traffic and how often we scored when he did it in the 4th quarter I was sold. I never even noticed how he was also creating space with his dribbling.

Yeah, good understanding of spacing in the halfcourt. Can kinda understand how this got lost in the shuffle at Kentucky. In Walt Perrin I trust

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
12/20/2020  11:57 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah, good understanding of spacing in the halfcourt. Can kinda understand how this got lost in the shuffle at Kentucky. In Walt Perrin I trust

obv hes played really well but this is my biggest argument for starting him. He's the best spacer and clearly unafraid to find his own offense. He's shown he's great at using (usually subpar) screens to create space and penetration off that where his array of floaters look great, as does his quick passes to start good ball movement after forcing the defense to react.

Man can he shoot!

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/20/2020  1:35 PM
martin wrote:Gamerweeeeeedddd

Me likey
GameThread: Last preseason game. Cavs 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy