Author Thread
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
12/9/2020  1:06 PM
I Think...

Elfrid, Bullock, RJ, Randle, Noel

Why - DSJr not ready, Frank seems like destined for bench. Bullock is good shooter and vet, RJ, Randle starts until he's moved, Noel cause Mitch on the outskirts...

I Would Try...

Frank, RJ, Bullock, Toppin, Noel

Frank gets a last chance, RJ is our future and plays hard, Bullock is steady vet and shooter, Toppin to exciting to not play, Noel because Mitch needs wakeup call...

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/9/2020  2:18 PM
wargames wrote:I doubt they put Frank on Garbage time.

THIBS specifically stated minutes will go to who earned it, not by paycheck, not by draft status, not by tenure, not by experiment.

So that's a good thing

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/9/2020  3:10 PM
Mitch is gonna start. There is no way Noel is starting. The other gimmes are RJ and Randle in my opinion. It will be interesting who starts at PG. Remember there was noise about Elf/Randle basically freezing out RJ 2nd half of the year and that is the only thing about last year's disaster that may linger IMO.

My guess is since Thibs has talked about pace that DSjr gets the start. PG is absolutely up for grabs. None have any track record for being good shooters. One thing about Elf is he never turns over the ball. We will see.

my guess is
DSjr
RJ
Bullock
Randle
Mitch

No line up with Mitch and Randle is going to have good spacing. RJ doesnt help much. Bullock is the best shooter with a 38% career from 3

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TPercy
Member: #5748

12/9/2020  5:57 PM
Oh how I've missed the gamethread.

My guess:
Payton
RJ
Burks
Randle
Noel

Frank
DSJ/IQ
Knox
Obi

The Future is Bright!
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/9/2020  6:16 PM
fishmike wrote:Mitch is gonna start. There is no way Noel is starting. The other gimmes are RJ and Randle in my opinion. It will be interesting who starts at PG. Remember there was noise about Elf/Randle basically freezing out RJ 2nd half of the year and that is the only thing about last year's disaster that may linger IMO.

My guess is since Thibs has talked about pace that DSjr gets the start. PG is absolutely up for grabs. None have any track record for being good shooters. One thing about Elf is he never turns over the ball. We will see.

my guess is
DSjr
RJ
Bullock
Randle
Mitch

No line up with Mitch and Randle is going to have good spacing. RJ doesnt help much. Bullock is the best shooter with a 38% career from 3

the comment about pace is an excellent insight. While not SSOL it is smart if your team is young -- less time for defense to set up, mistakes etc.

i wouldn't consider Mitch close to a lock to start. As much as we like our own picks to succeed, he will need to earn it. And RJ, DSJ and Randle will all need space on offense

(5)(5)
wargames
Member: #6053

12/9/2020  8:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
wargames wrote:I doubt they put Frank on Garbage time.

THIBS specifically stated minutes will go to who earned it, not by paycheck, not by draft status, not by tenure, not by experiment.

So that's a good thing

Ok.... Frank still going to get minutes. The kid can play defense and that apparently is what Thibs is emphasizing.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/9/2020  8:42 PM
fishmike wrote:Mitch is gonna start. There is no way Noel is starting. The other gimmes are RJ and Randle in my opinion. It will be interesting who starts at PG. Remember there was noise about Elf/Randle basically freezing out RJ 2nd half of the year and that is the only thing about last year's disaster that may linger IMO.

my guess is
DSjr
RJ
Bullock
Randle
Mitch

Yep there is no realistic lineup you can start that has proper spacing.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/9/2020  9:49 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

my guess is
DSjr
RJ
Bullock
Randle
Mitch

Sure there is. My line-up. If RJ and DSJ both really improved their shooting and Knox plays closer to his potential then you’re already improved. If Randle plays like trash and you insert Obi then it improves more.

Of course the worst case scenario could happen and nobody improves. That would be A LOT of fun.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/9/2020  10:50 PM
DSJ
Barrett
Knox
Toppin
Robinson

Give em all a chance to shoot their way out of the lineup.

This is the Randle.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/9/2020  10:53 PM

my guess is
DSjr
RJ
Bullock
Randle
Mitch

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them experiment with Randle at the 5

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/10/2020  9:17 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

my guess is
DSjr
RJ
Bullock
Randle
Mitch

Sure there is. My line-up. If RJ and DSJ both really improved their shooting and Knox plays closer to his potential then you’re already improved. If Randle plays like trash and you insert Obi then it improves more.

Of course the worst case scenario could happen and nobody improves. That would be A LOT of fun.

Jmpasq is a big cranky grump and if there is something negative mentioned about the team he will echo it x6

Knicks have some shooting (although still not enough) and there are a lot of interesting line up options. Its still a young roster in training, and then you have guys like Frank who have had 4 coaches in 4 years but can shoot 50% from the corner 3 so we'll see what good coaching yields

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
12/10/2020  9:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/10/2020  9:48 AM
That PissedOn starting line up (per ESPN) certainly isn't scaring anyone. Well, maybe us. A little.

STARTERS
Killian Hayes
Delon Wright
Jerami Grant
Blake Griffin
Mason Plumlee

Payton
Barrett
Bullock
Randle
MitchRob

DSJ
Frankie
Toppin
Knox
Noel

I dont' see them starting Noel over Mitch. Frank's in too much flux right now to start. Let the kids come in early and get running; see if all this Thibs D talk is just that...

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/10/2020  9:57 AM
jrodmc wrote:That PissedOn starting line up (per ESPN) certainly isn't scaring anyone. Well, maybe us. A little.

STARTERS
Killian Hayes
Delon Wright
Jerami Grant
Blake Griffin
Mason Plumlee

Payton
Barrett
Bullock
Randle
MitchRob

DSJ
Frankie
Toppin
Knox
Noel

I dont' see them starting Noel over Mitch. Frank's in too much flux right now to start. Let the kids come in early and get running; see if all this Thibs D talk is just that...

So your saying even IF Noel earned the start you would bench him for MITCH...No one would have respect for the coach after that, you immediately divide the locker.

Im going to keep saying this..You earn minutes,\

ES
jrodmc
USA
12/10/2020  10:18 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:That PissedOn starting line up (per ESPN) certainly isn't scaring anyone. Well, maybe us. A little.

STARTERS
Killian Hayes
Delon Wright
Jerami Grant
Blake Griffin
Mason Plumlee

Payton
Barrett
Bullock
Randle
MitchRob

DSJ
Frankie
Toppin
Knox
Noel

So your saying even IF Noel earned the start you would bench him for MITCH...No one would have respect for the coach after that, you immediately divide the locker.

Im going to keep saying this..You earn minutes,\

I'm saying from what little snippets I've heard or seen from training camp, I doubt Noel's earned anything at this point to put our best defensive big on the bench.

You hearing or seeing something else?

jrodmc
USA
12/10/2020  10:23 AM
Hey, no gamepicker for this? It's been 9 freakin months! LOL
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/10/2020  10:44 AM
jrodmc wrote:Hey, no gamepicker for this? It's been 9 freakin months! LOL

Regular season only! Man, I have to put the games in, been on my list

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/10/2020  11:26 AM
I don't think I have MSG on my YouTubeTV sub. Is there a way to watch it online? If so, please share a link...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/10/2020  11:32 AM
Preseason gams is part of “earning it”. Expect to see rooks so they don’t **** the bed in the regular season.
They had no post season NCAA or summer league to acclimate.
After one week nothing is earned yet.
I would not read a think into who he plays. Some will sit, and the next games others will as well. THere are but so many minutes and players/combo’s.
IT should be ugly with lots of turnovers. I never watch preseason but I’m bored.

Reporters are not on the knick campus so there is little to report. Don’t read into anything he says or does not.

I want to see frank be ball hog and not pass the rock. Hit some jumpers, flex and yell at empty seats as if Phil, MIlls, Fiz, Hornacek and 1248 are there. LIke Spree did when he returned to the Garden in a Wolves uni! When Thibs take him out for not passing the ball he should curse him out and demand a trade to Houston.

I want to see Mitch take 3 point shots. Hit one, point to heaven and thank his agent post game.
I want to see Randle just bull his way in the paint, kick it out to smith who new arc is nothing but net.
I want to see iggy play and rebound.
I want to see Knox hit some threes, then take the ball to the rim strong.
I want to see Dennis be Baron Davis. Thats who is in there. Also wear KP’s number.
I want to see Quickly quickly be the second best pick.
And I want to see OBI be a revelation where he looks like Amare but after each play the heavens illuminate his presence and the angels sing.

Are those realistic expectations?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/10/2020  11:40 AM
Moonangie wrote:I don't think I have MSG on my YouTubeTV sub. Is there a way to watch it online? If so, please share a link...

I have YouTubeTV and am about to sign up for 7 day trial of FuboTV which does have MSG depending on your local lineup I think.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/10/2020  12:39 PM
Nalod wrote:Preseason gams is part of “earning it”. Expect to see rooks so they don’t **** the bed in the regular season.
They had no post season NCAA or summer league to acclimate.
After one week nothing is earned yet.
I would not read a think into who he plays. Some will sit, and the next games others will as well. THere are but so many minutes and players/combo’s.
IT should be ugly with lots of turnovers. I never watch preseason but I’m bored.

Reporters are not on the knick campus so there is little to report. Don’t read into anything he says or does not.

I want to see frank be ball hog and not pass the rock. Hit some jumpers, flex and yell at empty seats as if Phil, MIlls, Fiz, Hornacek and 1248 are there. LIke Spree did when he returned to the Garden in a Wolves uni! When Thibs take him out for not passing the ball he should curse him out and demand a trade to Houston.

I want to see Mitch take 3 point shots. Hit one, point to heaven and thank his agent post game.
I want to see Randle just bull his way in the paint, kick it out to smith who new arc is nothing but net.
I want to see iggy play and rebound.
I want to see Knox hit some threes, then take the ball to the rim strong.
I want to see Dennis be Baron Davis. Thats who is in there. Also wear KP’s number.
I want to see Quickly quickly be the second best pick.
And I want to see OBI be a revelation where he looks like Amare but after each play the heavens illuminate his presence and the angels sing.

Are those realistic expectations?

Like all of this but because I am a petty curmudgeon I would especially like to see DSJ thrive while taking KP's number.

Finally! We got hoops!!!! Friday night vs. the Pistons 7pm/MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy