[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A true leader is emerging in N.Y......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
10/19/2004  2:47 PM
Fish! You are the one that took my comments the wrong way. If you have noticed, my thread was to give Marburry props for taking the initiative as a leader of this team to back one of his team-mates. I went further by saying that his new found leadership abilities may propelled our team deep in the playoffs. I also said that if this continues our chances at winning the championship under the guidance of Isiah and Lenny looks really good.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/19/2004  3:26 PM
You all are missing one big thing with this talk of leadership and marbury- and that is

Chemistry.

There are a lot of misshappen parts that have been stuck together to create the Knicks- they hardly played together last year ever as a unit and marbury can say all the right things and bust his butt on the court and extol team mates to do likewise- real leadership we'll agree-

but unless/until this team gells, it ain't gonna matter.

nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
10/19/2004  3:55 PM
This team will go deep in the Playoffs but will not win it all unless they get an upper echelon Defensive Center.
Everyone pretty much agrees on that...
If we are able to swing a trade before deadline.. we could take it all...
If not.. With all the expiring contracts on this team to work with in the summer of '05.. we should be one of the top contenders for the title next season.
Couple that with the fact that free agents actually wanna play here again... and we're in the best shape we have been in since the lockout season...
Damn.. this year is gonna be exciting...
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/19/2004  4:05 PM
to me chemistry is a product of putting the write mix of players together. The Knicks of the 90s played a similar style, and so does this team. Its very guard oriented but we have some nice weapons.

Just look at how Ariza is thriving. Think he would look as good playing next to Eisley, KVH and Houston? Who's throwing him outlet passes or finding him on a break?

diderotn... you said
The world couldn't wait for that day, but folks, it is finally here. Marburry is beginning to prove that he is the man. His comments about Houston, his embracement of his team-mates, and his desire to win the big game is now surfacing.
Can you smell what may be happening with Knicks??? I smell championship.
my point was that the days havent arrived because we havent won anything yet... Its great you smell championship... but I think your smell is a few years fast.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/19/2004  7:03 PM
I agree that it shows that Marbury is maturing by defending Houston,something he may not have done a few years back but I dont consider it a defining moment for him.To most it would be a great playoff performance where he was clutch when time was running out.Thats the only real way to judge him as a player IMO.

[Edited by - kwazimodal on 10/20/2004 01:07:35]
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
10/20/2004  8:32 AM
Fish! Again, I do believe that my words were taken out of context. I never said that were going to win the championship this year. Although I do believe that it is possible, but I didn mention on this thread that we are going to win it all this season. I am a very confident man, and I do believe that championship this season for the Knicks can happen, but I am also realistic about our squad.

diderotn... you said
The world couldn't wait for that day, but folks, it is finally here. Marburry is beginning to prove that he is the man. His comments about Houston, his embracement of his team-mates, and his desire to win the big game is now surfacing.
Can you smell what may be happening with Knicks??? I smell championship.
my point was that the days havent arrived because we havent won anything yet... Its great you smell championship... but I think your smell is a few years fast.
[/quote]
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2004  9:30 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Some may think that Diderotn is crazy, but I am here to tell you that as an ex-soldier whom has taken part in two wars, and led soldiers to combat, I know a thing or two about leadership. To be a leader, you have to be able to pursuade and motivate your subordinates. The little comments that he made about Houston could prove to be very valuable when and if Houston ever recovers from his injuries. Earning the respect of subordinates is easy. You have to show them that you believe in them. that is exactly what Marburry has been instructed to do, and he is doing so. isiah and Lenny will both teach Marburry a few things about leadership.

Agree with me or not, I still believe that Marburry has finally reached his stardom. You take a sit and watch. Kidd was the same way when he turned 28.

Sarge, your right about that. Leadership is about respect also. Being gracious and having humility to obsorb responsablity is paramount. A youthful Marbs would scowl and blame others as his perspective is nobody is as good as him and he is the only one busting his but. But leadership is about taking responsability for his teams performance.

I have to assume THE Father will teach him well and mentor the way of the great ones.

"Holy Ghost!" Thats great Marv! gonna have to work that one in!
A true leader is emerging in N.Y......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy