Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/7/2020  10:47 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:As of today and if Knicks had first pick, who do you guys like, Suggs or Cade?

Cade is my top pick. Cade is good enough to justify the positionless BS Fiz was mesmerizing Mills with. I'm not sure can guard 1s, especially at the NBA level, but I think he'll be fine if you put him on wings. His assists numbers haven't been ridiculous because he also plays with Likekele, who is also jumbo "point guard." Suggs is a monster athlete and runs the PnR like a pro. I think he'll also be able to defend both backcourt slots. He can probably learn to control pace better, but he's a beast. I still need to see Green and Kuminga before I say who I'd pick after Cade tho.

Agreed...Jalen Green has the potential to be the number 2 pick behind Cade in this draft. Explosive athlete and scorer. Looking forward to watching him compete in the G league. Kuminga has top 5 talent as well....

Don’t sleep on Mobley, especially if it doesn’t work out with Mitch.

Not sleeping on Mobley at all. In no particular order, top 6 right now:

Cade
Jalen Suggs
Jalen Green
Jalen Johnson
Evan Mobley
Johnathan Kuminga

I like most of Suggs game better than Cunningham. Haven’t see a lot of outside shooting from Suggs though, while Cade is starting to show his. Suggs appears more athletic. Cade seems smoother. I’d like to see how they both develop and how they fare in tougher matchups.

Suggs is an intense( emotionally) player. I like that trait

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/8/2020  8:39 AM
wargames wrote:

They haven’t announced what the injury is

Looks like its a calf injury...not too serious.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2020  12:09 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown

12/8/2020  12:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2020  3:14 PM
martin wrote:

Thanks for posting. I'm not surprised about BJ Boston at all. I posted either in this thread or the other college basketball thread that I saw BJ Boston play in person, when he was a sophomore and junior and was not impressed. I thought he was a good prospect but I did not see a top 10 pick at all. He floated and disappeared often times during the games. He's a decent athlete, nothing spectacular. I hope we stay away from him.

Moody is an intriguing prospect than I need to see more of before I can formulate a strong opinion about his game.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/8/2020  2:41 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:

Thanks for posting. I'm not surprised about BJ Boston at all. I posted either in this thread or the other college basketball thread that I saw BJ Boston play in person, when he was a sophomore and junior as was not impressed. I thought he was a good prospect but I did not see a top 10 pick at all. He floated and disappeared often times during the games. He's a decent athlete, nothing spectacular. I hope we stay away from him.

Moody is an intriguing prospect than I need to see more of before I can formulate a strong opinion about his game.

Terrence Clarke has looked better than Boston so far, but it's still early. I think Boston will climb back up when he finds his shot. He definitely needs to mature physically. Same with Ziaire Williams, although his offensive game seems further along at this point.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/8/2020  6:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:

Thanks for posting. I'm not surprised about BJ Boston at all. I posted either in this thread or the other college basketball thread that I saw BJ Boston play in person, when he was a sophomore and junior as was not impressed. I thought he was a good prospect but I did not see a top 10 pick at all. He floated and disappeared often times during the games. He's a decent athlete, nothing spectacular. I hope we stay away from him.

Terrence Clarke has looked better than Boston so far, but it's still early. I think Boston will climb back up when he finds his shot. He definitely needs to mature physically. Same with Ziaire Williams, although his offensive game seems further along at this point.

Agreed on all points. I'm not sure Kentucky was the right place for a guy like Boston but Calipari has a way of getting these guys to play so I'll give him time.
The Future is Bright!
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

12/8/2020  6:55 PM
TPercy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:

Agreed on all points. I'm not sure Kentucky was the right place for a guy like Boston but Calipari has a way of getting these guys to play so I'll give him time.

Not a fan of Williams handle as it is right now. He can shoot the lights out but after two dribbles in the paint he has to because his defender will have cut off the lane. If he improves that he should go top 10

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BigDaddyG

12/8/2020  8:21 PM
wargames wrote:
TPercy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:

Not a fan of Williams handle as it is right now. He can shoot the lights out but after two dribbles in the paint he has to because his defender will have cut off the lane. If he improves that he should go top 10

Yep, Boston has better shot creation than Williams. But what good is that if his shot isn't going down? Just makes for cooler looking misses.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

12/9/2020  2:16 AM
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/9/2020  11:35 AM
For our team I think Cunningham might be best fit. 6/8 point guard

This draft has a few high tier prospects. Mobley is way up there— way different than Wiseman. More of a fluid KG 4 man who is 7-1

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
12/9/2020  12:14 PM
Uptown

12/9/2020  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2020  1:04 PM
BRIGGS wrote:For our team I think Cunningham might be best fit. 6/8 point guard

This draft has a few high tier prospects. Mobley is way up there— way different than Wiseman. More of a fluid KG 4 man who is 7-1

Agreed about Cade. But if the rumors are true that the Knicks were looking to trade up in the draft for Wiseman, and not Ball, makes me wonder if the Knicks get a high enough pick and Mobley and Cade are on the board, would they strongly consider taking Mobley and address the pg needs later in the draft or sign someone like Lonzo as a FA?

But I'm with you, Cade is number 1 on my board for the Knicks.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/9/2020  12:53 PM

Yeah, Cunningham, Mobley and Suggs are my top 3 right now. If Mitch can get his head out of his ass and take his game serious then this wouldn’t even be a discussion. We would only need to worry about the PG spot. But hey, it’s up to Mitch.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

12/9/2020  1:05 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

Yeah, Cunningham, Mobley and Suggs are my top 3 right now. If Mitch can get his head out of his ass and take his game serious then this wouldn’t even be a discussion. We would only need to worry about the PG spot. But hey, it’s up to Mitch.

What’s crazy is Kuminga and Jalen Green haven’t even played yet. Legit I think all 5 would have gone first in the 2020 draft.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
12/9/2020  1:13 PM
Uptown wrote:

Agreed about Cade. But if the rumors are true that the Knicks were looking to trade up in the draft for Wiseman, and not Ball, makes me wonder if the Knicks get a high enough pick and Mobley and Cade are on the board, would they strongly consider taking Mobley and address the pg needs later in the draft or sign someone like Lonzo as a FA?

Frankly, I thought those rumors were probably the reverse: GS wanting to unload Wiseman/Wiggins for Mitch/#8,etc.

martin
USA
12/9/2020  1:59 PM
martin
USA
12/9/2020  1:59 PM
martin
USA
12/9/2020  2:00 PM
BigDaddyG

12/9/2020  2:42 PM
martin wrote:

Very high IQ. I really like the fact that he's willing to use his size for floaters and baby hooks. Abuse those pint-sized guards on offense! Wish Frank would do the same.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/9/2020  4:49 PM
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Frankly, I thought those rumors were probably the reverse: GS wanting to unload Wiseman/Wiggins for Mitch/#8,etc.

Plus Cade is viewed as more sure fire than Lamelo.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy