[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/3/2020  9:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Just watched full game of Evan Mobley
He is very very impressive — he’s gonna extend his game at some point but he’s a long smooth 7 footer who has loads of potential

Ha, I knew you'd be back. Monkey looks really good. I see him being a four right now, but hopefully he puts on more weight.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/4/2020  7:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2020  8:01 AM
martin wrote:As of today and if Knicks had first pick, who do you guys like, Suggs or Cade?

Great question...I think I would take Cade. You win 'chips with great wings (LeBron, Kawhi, KD, Luka etc...), that control the action. Not saying Cade will be as great as those guys, but Cade is a 6'7 PG/Wing who can play multiple positions, high IQ guy who's mere presence makes his teammates better, he controls the action and he effects the game on many levels. At his his peak, he can average a near triple-double. Cade is a true franchise changing player and if we have the opportunity to grab him, you do it.

With that said, Suggs would be a hell of a consolation prize if we miss on Cade. Suggs is definitely top 5, maybe top 4. Great vision as PG. Love the way he hits the ball ahead to the rim-runners similar to Lonzo Ball. Nice touch on his shot, can finish through contact and attacks the paint. I'd be ecstatic with either one of these guys.

Uptown

12/4/2020  8:09 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:As of today and if Knicks had first pick, who do you guys like, Suggs or Cade?

Cade is my top pick. Cade is good enough to justify the positionless BS Fiz was mesmerizing Mills with. I'm not sure can guard 1s, especially at the NBA level, but I think he'll be fine if you put him on wings. His assists numbers haven't been ridiculous because he also plays with Likekele, who is also jumbo "point guard." Suggs is a monster athlete and runs the PnR like a pro. I think he'll also be able to defend both backcourt slots. He can probably learn to control pace better, but he's a beast. I still need to see Green and Kuminga before I say who I'd pick after Cade tho.

Agreed...Jalen Green has the potential to be the number 2 pick behind Cade in this draft. Explosive athlete and scorer. Looking forward to watching him compete in the G league. Kuminga has top 5 talent as well....

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/4/2020  10:04 AM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Cade is my top pick. Cade is good enough to justify the positionless BS Fiz was mesmerizing Mills with. I'm not sure can guard 1s, especially at the NBA level, but I think he'll be fine if you put him on wings. His assists numbers haven't been ridiculous because he also plays with Likekele, who is also jumbo "point guard." Suggs is a monster athlete and runs the PnR like a pro. I think he'll also be able to defend both backcourt slots. He can probably learn to control pace better, but he's a beast. I still need to see Green and Kuminga before I say who I'd pick after Cade tho.

Agreed...Jalen Green has the potential to be the number 2 pick behind Cade in this draft. Explosive athlete and scorer. Looking forward to watching him compete in the G league. Kuminga has top 5 talent as well....

Don’t sleep on Mobley, especially if it doesn’t work out with Mitch.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

12/4/2020  12:17 PM
This draft is really good. I know we should come away with two good players. My dream is we get a late first for taking on a bad contract.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/4/2020  12:19 PM
wargames wrote:This draft is really good. I know we should come away with two good players. My dream is we get a late first for taking on a bad contract.

Knicks will have CHA and DET 2nd round picks too

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown

12/4/2020  7:47 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Not sleeping on Mobley at all. In no particular order, top 6 right now:

Cade
Jalen Suggs
Jalen Green
Jalen Johnson
Evan Mobley
Johnathan Kuminga

Uptown

12/4/2020  7:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2020  7:52 PM
Keep an eye on Marcus Bagley...Marvin's younger brother. Smooth shooting 6'8 Sf... Available with the Dallas pick?

Uptown

12/4/2020  7:54 PM
Power Point forward Scotty Barnes...High IQ player, elite passer and very fundamentally sound.

wargames

12/5/2020  9:22 AM
Marcus Bagley has a Covington vibe which would be great off the bench. Barnes is talented defensively and when it comes to distribution, but his shot is really bad. Both of them could be there for the Dallas pick.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/5/2020  12:27 PM
Knicks NEED to draft one high level starter - preferably a passing wing who has all star or more capability - and another key rotation player in this upcoming draft.

Unfortunately it does mean some kind of tank

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/5/2020  1:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
He is very very impressive — he’s gonna extend his game at some point but he’s a long smooth 7 footer who has loads of potential

Ha, I knew you'd be back. Monkey looks really good. I see him being a four right now, but hopefully he puts on more weight.

He looks like a cross of kg and kevin Durant. He would’ve went first in this last draft. He’s got smooth excellent touch. UConn swarmed him with double teams and a plus defender in Whaley. They were all over him. He never panicked— he made some great passes d sad one easy smooth blocks has great form touch and incredible length on his j good solid footwork — he only took 1 3 but looked good was smooth and accurate from ft line. Handled well. He’s skinny but like kg he’s got strength even as slender.i didn’t see a fire in the belly guy but he’s gonna be a top 3 pick as ac7-1 guy with his skills

RIP Crushalot😞
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/5/2020  4:00 PM
Uptown wrote:Power Point forward Scotty Barnes...High IQ player, elite passer and very fundamentally sound.

Haven't watched him hows his defense so far?

The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/5/2020  4:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He looks like a cross of kg and kevin Durant. He would’ve went first in this last draft. He’s got smooth excellent touch. UConn swarmed him with double teams and a plus defender in Whaley. They were all over him. He never panicked— he made some great passes d sad one easy smooth blocks has great form touch and incredible length on his j good solid footwork — he only took 1 3 but looked good was smooth and accurate from ft line. Handled well. He’s skinny but like kg he’s got strength even as slender.i didn’t see a fire in the belly guy but he’s gonna be a top 3 pick as ac7-1 guy with his skills

Yeah, he's kind of like Chris Bosh with his inside outside game. Maybe NBA KAT. His passing is probably the most impressive skill he has considering his age and size. He makes good reads, especially to his older brother.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames

12/5/2020  4:34 PM
TPercy wrote:
Uptown wrote:Power Point forward Scotty Barnes...High IQ player, elite passer and very fundamentally sound.

Haven't watched him hows his defense so far?

Really good

wargames

12/5/2020  4:35 PM
martin wrote:Knicks NEED to draft one high level starter - preferably a passing wing who has all star or more capability - and another key rotation player in this upcoming draft.

Unfortunately it does mean some kind of tank

If we were “gifted” Cade Cunningham it would be great. I think the knicks need to let the kids show promise. The league might be open to sending Cade here if RJ and Obi look good.

wargames

12/5/2020  6:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Smoooooottthhh

It’s sooo effortless for him. Definition of the game goes slow for him.

wargames

12/6/2020  5:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2020  5:59 AM

They haven’t announced what the injury is

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/6/2020  5:10 PM
Uptown wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Not sleeping on Mobley at all. In no particular order, top 6 right now:

Cade
Jalen Suggs
Jalen Green
Jalen Johnson
Evan Mobley
Johnathan Kuminga

I like most of Suggs game better than Cunningham. Haven’t see a lot of outside shooting from Suggs though, while Cade is starting to show his. Suggs appears more athletic. Cade seems smoother. I’d like to see how they both develop and how they fare in tougher matchups.

This is the Randle.
Uptown

12/6/2020  5:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2020  8:39 AM
wargames wrote:

They haven’t announced what the injury is

Damn! Noticed he's not bending his knee as he is being helped off the court. Hope its not as serious as it looks.

2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy