Targets got to be Bouknight or Davion

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/22/2021  6:20 PM
I think they could be onto Garuba as well - looks like another Capela to me, and Nerlens might be the easiest one to let walk. Im still intrigued by Giddey as well, but he might too far away.
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

7/22/2021  9:33 PM
I want Sharife Cooper and Tre Mann @ picks #19 and #21.

Cooper just absolutely destroyed the SEC as a true Freshman's while averaging 20.2 points, 8.1 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 1.0 steals per game.

Mann oh man just averaged 16.0 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.4 steals per game as only a Sophomore with a 3PT% of .402% and already has a James Harden esque step back 3 point shot.

Cooper/Mann @ 19 & 21 and I'm going to celebrate.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/22/2021  9:44 PM
NYKMentality wrote:I want Sharife Cooper and Tre Mann @ picks #19 and #21.

Cooper just absolutely destroyed the SEC as a true Freshman's while averaging 20.2 points, 8.1 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 1.0 steals per game.

Mann oh man just averaged 16.0 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.4 steals per game as only a Sophomore with a 3PT% of .402% and already has a James Harden esque step back 3 point shot.

Cooper/Mann @ 19 & 21 and I'm going to celebrate.

I'm high on Cooper too. His pentration skills and vision are worth taking a gamble on. As for Mann...I don't really see any skills that separate him from some other players in this range. He can create jumpers of the dribble, but is that enough to give him the edge over McBride, Bones, Duarte, Primo or even Grimes?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

7/22/2021  10:39 PM

As a general matter i like it if the Knicks trade up, or if they select a WTF pick because it shows they targeted a specific player having an eye for what they want. (whether they're correct on that is a separate but important matter).

it seems all too often the meme "I can't believe this guy fell to us" gets answered in short order when you find the guy is not as good as all the pre-draft analysts etc suggested.

not based on any analysis but it seems that 13-17 or so often gets great value. Guys who maybe don't project the upside of high lottery but end up being people with talent who continue to work on their game and perhaps have just enough of a chip on their shoulder.

(5)(5)
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

7/23/2021  12:02 AM
I want the knicks to draft Murphy, Cooper and Grimes for the 1st 3 picks. Cooper lacks shooting, i think he could eventually develop a reliable outside shot similar to what RJ did. Murphy is raising fast in the draft boards and im Intrigued.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/23/2021  4:48 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:I want the knicks to draft Murphy, Cooper and Grimes for the 1st 3 picks. Cooper lacks shooting, i think he could eventually develop a reliable outside shot similar to what RJ did. Murphy is raising fast in the draft boards and im Intrigued.

Me too, I'd love that outcome. I really have no idea what we'll do- seems the two main Knicks rumors are contradictory- either we trade one of the picks in a Sexton trade or we keep both and trade up. Think (though I'm not 100% sure) I'd rather draft Cooper and Murphy than trade for Sexton.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/23/2021  9:19 AM
Very intrigued by Cooper, but those really poor shooting % and inconsistent/hesitant form that sometimes shows up make me worry he could be more like a Sebastian Telfair. Rondo had a good wingspan- I think Cooper is smaller. He's a really hard one to call.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/23/2021  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2021  12:35 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if we end up with the following prospects: Trey Murphy and Isaiah Jackson.

Trey Murphy seems to be moving up the draft board so he may be the player they are trying to move up to grab. If we keep 21, I have a feeling Isaiah Jackson will be the pick.

smackeddog
7/23/2021  12:36 PM
Latest Knicks Fan TV podcast, CP said he's hearing the Knicks are really high on Murphy, and suggested maybe that's who they're trying to trade up a few spots for

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/23/2021  12:38 PM
smackeddog
7/23/2021  1:01 PM
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/23/2021  1:50 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Listening to a few podcasts pasts few days and some interesting tidbits discussed.

On 1 Wasserman indicated that Duarte had brutal workout (not sure with what team) but indicated was not in shape. He refused to go to combine. Interesting that Knicks working him out alone (maybe that is his choice).

On another KFTV podcast the guest (former OKC scout I believe) said Knicks absolutely want/love I Jackson (UK). Said Jackson is ELITE athlete and he indicated Knicks might have to get up into 10-14 range to get Jackson which was surprising to me.

I thought they might go Jackson at 19 but wouldn’t love trading up for him

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/23/2021  4:20 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Listening to a few podcasts pasts few days and some interesting tidbits discussed.

On 1 Wasserman indicated that Duarte had brutal workout (not sure with what team) but indicated was not in shape. He refused to go to combine. Interesting that Knicks working him out alone (maybe that is his choice).

On another KFTV podcast the guest (former OKC scout I believe) said Knicks absolutely want/love I Jackson (UK). Said Jackson is ELITE athlete and he indicated Knicks might have to get up into 10-14 range to get Jackson which was surprising to me.

In light of these things, I think the below could be significant and inline with the Knicks picks

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/23/2021  4:26 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

In light of these things, I think the below could be significant and inline with the Knicks picks

Duarte and Murphy was my draft. Im thinking its possible none of them reach 19

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

7/23/2021  5:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

There's a good chance, but it's not the end of the world. If the Knicks end up with someone like Miles McBride instead, would you be upset? We've seen that even with older prospects it usually takes a couple of years for them to adjust to the NBA. Just have to stay prepared and move on to the next guy on the list.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/23/2021  5:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

There's a good chance, but it's not the end of the world. If the Knicks end up with someone like Miles McBride instead, would you be upset? We've seen that even with older prospects it usually takes a couple of years for them to adjust to the NBA. Just have to stay prepared and move on to the next guy on the list.

Dont like Mcbride at 19 or 21 Has no explosion finishes weak at the rim only a fair shooter tougher small guard but hes no difference maker Take Butler before him

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

7/23/2021  6:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2021  6:25 PM
It really depends on our point guard plans. If we're hoping to bring CP3 or Sexton to New York then you don't take Cooper, you take spot up shooters and defenders like Duarte, Murphy and Grimes. Maybe Mann and Bones too.
BigDaddyG

7/23/2021  6:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Dont like Mcbride at 19 or 21 Has no explosion finishes weak at the rim only a fair shooter tougher small guard but hes no difference maker Take Butler before him

Butler is another guy. I likes McBride, better due to his athleticism and defensive intensity. Also, I think he finishes at the rim better than Butler. But Butler is smooth and is ahead in term IQ on the offensive end of the court. But that's my point. There are so many guys at around the same grade. Someone may drop that the Knicks had graded higher than the three or four teams who drafted ahead of them.
BigDaddyG

7/23/2021  6:49 PM
reub wrote:It really depends on our point guard plans. If we're hoping to bring CP3 or Sexton to New York then you don't take Cooper, you take spot up shooters and defenders like Duarte, Murphy and Grimes. Maybe Mann and Bones too.

Cooper is definitely still on the table in the unlikely event that the Knicks take CP3. What's CP3's shelf life? Maybe 2 more years? You take CP3 to groom Cooper and keep it moving. I agree with you on Sexton. A future backcourt of Sexton and Cooper would be a Trainwreck.

2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy