2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/20/2021  2:29 PM
martin wrote:

I don't think Cam Thomas makes it passed us. He's a guard who can flat out score. CAA client as well. We may have to trade up to get him but he can be a top 3 scorer in the draft.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/20/2021  2:58 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
7/20/2021  3:02 PM
I like this part

Scouts don’t view Grimes as a potential star, but at the NBA draft combine last month, he likely played his way into first-round consideration as a solid NBA role guy.

It’s been an odd journey for Grimes, as he was slated as a one-and-done lottery-pick stud when he came to the Jayhawks as a freshman. He tested the draft waters but transferred to Houston after a disappointing freshman year.

At Houston, Grimes reinvented himself more as a potential role guy and complimentary shooter with passing skills.

martin wrote:
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/20/2021  3:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2021  3:15 PM
martin wrote:I like this part

Scouts don’t view Grimes as a potential star, but at the NBA draft combine last month, he likely played his way into first-round consideration as a solid NBA role guy.

It’s been an odd journey for Grimes, as he was slated as a one-and-done lottery-pick stud when he came to the Jayhawks as a freshman. He tested the draft waters but transferred to Houston after a disappointing freshman year.

At Houston, Grimes reinvented himself more as a potential role guy and complimentary shooter with passing skills.

martin wrote:

Coming out of high school, Grimes was a McDonald's All-American and one of the top prospects in his class. The talent is definitely there. Wouldn't be mad if we took him with the 21st pick. FYI, he's more talented and better all-around than Dotson.

Also, love the fact that he played for Kelvin Sampson which means he was well-schooled on the fundamentals on the defensive end.

Knixkik
USA
7/20/2021  3:13 PM

martin wrote:

I can buy this. He’s a solid option but didn’t realize his value was this high. Maybe package 19 and 32 to move up a bit and draft Grimes at 21?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/20/2021  4:44 PM
Knixkik wrote:

martin wrote:

I can buy this. He’s a solid option but didn’t realize his value was this high. Maybe package 19 and 32 to move up a bit and draft Grimes at 21?

To me you look at all these guys, use the pair of #1s on whatever the plan is be it take 2 guys, move up, package for Sexton, whatever... but I think pick 32 is gonna be a real gem and we will have a great BPA option there.

From reddit:

they say grimes is unlikely to be there at 32, but it seems like there are maybe 40 players who are “unlikely to be there at 32”. someone has to fall there. murphy/grimes/vrenz/primo/duarte/ziaire/christopher. of those 7, 2 or 3 of them should be at 32, and knicks have at least interviewed all of them.

There's gonna be a LOT of GOOD players where we have our 3 picks, and a lot of those have skill sets that Thibs and crew are gonna find uses for right away

I have never been so pumped to draft role players since Maurice NDour slipped through our clutches

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
wargames
Member: #6053

7/20/2021  6:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2021  6:37 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

martin wrote:

To me you look at all these guys, use the pair of #1s on whatever the plan is be it take 2 guys, move up, package for Sexton, whatever... but I think pick 32 is gonna be a real gem and we will have a great BPA option there.

From reddit:

they say grimes is unlikely to be there at 32, but it seems like there are maybe 40 players who are “unlikely to be there at 32”. someone has to fall there. murphy/grimes/vrenz/primo/duarte/ziaire/christopher. of those 7, 2 or 3 of them should be at 32, and knicks have at least interviewed all of them.

There's gonna be a LOT of GOOD players where we have our 3 picks, and a lot of those have skill sets that Thibs and crew are gonna find uses for right away

I have never been so pumped to draft role players since Maurice NDour slipped through our clutches

I keep thinking do we have to use both picks to move up, or could they take on a bad contract and only one pick to do it? Next week is going to be interesting.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knixkik
USA
7/20/2021  6:38 PM
wargames wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

martin wrote:

From reddit:

I keep thinking do we have to use both picks to move up, or could they take on a bad to do it? Next week is going to be interesting.

Or use 19 and 32 to move up and stay pat at 21 to take Grimes, Duarte or Murphy. At least 1 should still be there.

reub
Member: #6227

7/20/2021  6:42 PM
32 is going to be a valuable pick too. We shouldn't give any of them away.
martin
USA
7/21/2021  12:59 AM
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/21/2021  11:20 AM
martin wrote:

Body, movement & length/wingspan remind me of young Draymond Green.

Understanding offensive limitations that is a legit high-end defender with a great team first attitude that Thibs would probably find very attractive.

Liked how he looked taking ball off glass and leading break as well.

martin
USA
7/21/2021  11:48 AM
martin
USA
7/21/2021  11:48 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Understanding offensive limitations that is a legit high-end defender with a great team first attitude that Thibs would probably find very attractive.

I like him a lot

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/21/2021  12:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2021  12:47 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

I like him a lot

Very good defensive player with great intangibles. Considering where he is projected to get picked (15-25), I think there will be a few better options in that range that will fill needs for us that I would consider over Garuba.

Knixkik
USA
7/21/2021  4:50 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

I like him a lot

He's repped by Leon Rose's son at CAA.

reub
Member: #6227

7/21/2021  7:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2021  7:55 PM
We worked out Charles Bassey today.

I can see us going Butler, Murphy or Dosunmo, and Bassey and then a draft and stash euro.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/22/2021  9:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2021  9:04 AM
martin wrote:

M3 has been one of my hopefuls for a while. His value has climbed up though. Some have him as high as 15. If so hope for Cam or Mann. Still think there is no reason to think the Kentucky train will come to an end. Therefore Jackson may be one of those picks.

Like this kid for our second round pick. Said to have talked to Spurs and Knicks..

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

7/22/2021  9:37 AM
One week!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/22/2021  11:19 AM
I'm a Vrenz fan too. I'd love to stash him with that late pick we have. I think maybe too much value on the board to take him at 32. But man look at the passing from him at his size. Very unique player- can shoot a 3 and a playmaking passer at 6'10". I dunno where you play him, but intriguing skillset.
martin
USA
7/22/2021  5:00 PM
2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy