[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/24/2021  2:08 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I moved Jeremiah Robinson earl to our number 1 priority draft list —- he’s exactly what we need for this team 6-9 230 very similar basketball game to Tobias Harris

Also I’m hoping we can get the center Cockburn at pick 32

The other pick for me would be either ayo or buddy boheim in rd 1

You and slowfotted Cs man I’m surprised Garza isn’t up #1 for you

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/24/2021  2:51 PM
Where would this years RJ Barrett go in this years draft? (just so I can get a better idea as to the strength of this draft)
TPercy

3/24/2021  2:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:Where would this years RJ Barrett go in this years draft? (just so I can get a better idea as to the strength of this draft)

Anywhere from 1-3. Cade and Mobley definitely have higher upside if I’m trying to be objective but I don’t think I’d take either of them over him.

The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/24/2021  3:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2021  3:10 PM
TPercy wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I moved Jeremiah Robinson earl to our number 1 priority draft list —- he’s exactly what we need for this team 6-9 230 very similar basketball game to Tobias Harris

Also I’m hoping we can get the center Cockburn at pick 32

The other pick for me would be either ayo or buddy boheim in rd 1

You and slowfotted Cs man I’m surprised Garza isn’t up #1 for you

Sorry I’m old school in the pivot. Pick 32 for me barring drastic fall would be a center —- almost how running backs now go in the 2-3 rd Ed’s of nfl. I like ****burn at 32 high 2 Nd rd pick. I think he has a place in the nba for sure . It also gives us insurance if Noel costs too much to resign. We can’t pay everyone. We use a lot of high big man picks— this guy is perfect for 15-16 minutes off the bench.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/24/2021  4:27 PM
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Where would this years RJ Barrett go in this years draft? (just so I can get a better idea as to the strength of this draft)

Anywhere from 1-3. Cade and Mobley definitely have higher upside if I’m trying to be objective but I don’t think I’d take either of them over him.

Thanks- yikes, that high? I’ve been presuming the top 5 of this draft were at least a tier higher

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/24/2021  8:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Thanks- yikes, that high? I’ve been presuming the top 5 of this draft were at least a tier higher

Naw...Suggs, Cade, Mobley, Green would definitely go higher. Kuminga started off hot, but you could argue that he's fell of a bit and RJ could sneak in over him. Kuminga does have the superior physical profile tho and showed good skills as a passer. Jalen Green dominated grown men in the G-League. It would be tough for RJ, based in his lone year in Duke, to convince most scouts to take to take him over Green. You could make the case that RJ could go one last year, but that's not a given.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy

3/24/2021  8:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Naw...Suggs, Cade, Mobley, Green would definitely go higher. Kuminga started off hot, but you could argue that he's fell of a bit and RJ could sneak in over him. Kuminga does have the superior physical profile tho and showed good skills as a passer. Jalen Green dominated grown men in the G-League. It would be tough for RJ, based in his lone year in Duke, to convince most scouts to take to take him over Green. You could make the case that RJ could go one last year, but that's not a given.

If this was based on last year RJ then I'd agree but this year RJ has shown dramatic improvements in his game. He profiles as a better finisher, passer, and defender than every prospect on that list. As a scorer and shooter only Cade and Green have a better case to make than him IMO. I think this is more of a testament to how highly I rate RJ compared to how poor these guys are.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

3/24/2021  8:25 PM
Interesting development: Alperen Segun and Cam Thomas have moved into the top 14 on ESPN Big Board. James Bouknight has dropped to 18 and Moody is now at 12. Butler and Davion Mitchell have also moved into the late teens as well. I'm not sold on Thomas, but if Bouknight/Moody somehow fall to us I'd be ecstatic.
The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG

3/24/2021  8:47 PM
TPercy wrote:Interesting development: Alperen Segun and Cam Thomas have moved into the top 14 on ESPN Big Board. James Bouknight has dropped to 18 and Moody is now at 12. Butler and Davion Mitchell have also moved into the late teens as well. I'm not sold on Thomas, but if Bouknight/Moody somehow fall to us I'd be ecstatic.

Wow...the NCAAs really hurt Bouknight. Not surprised. His ranking all depends on how much you buy his shot.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

3/24/2021  8:49 PM
TPercy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:

If this was based on last year RJ then I'd agree but this year RJ has shown dramatic improvements in his game. He profiles as a better finisher, passer, and defender than every prospect on that list. As a scorer and shooter only Cade and Green have a better case to make than him IMO. I think this is more of a testament to how highly I rate RJ compared to how poor these guys are.

I assumed we where measuring freshman year RJ to the prospects now. Not fair to compare pros to college kids.

TPercy

3/24/2021  9:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:Interesting development: Alperen Segun and Cam Thomas have moved into the top 14 on ESPN Big Board. James Bouknight has dropped to 18 and Moody is now at 12. Butler and Davion Mitchell have also moved into the late teens as well. I'm not sold on Thomas, but if Bouknight/Moody somehow fall to us I'd be ecstatic.

Wow...the NCAAs really hurt Bouknight. Not surprised. His ranking all depends on how much you buy his shot.

Facts. I'm definitely a buyer, he shot decently from the line on high volume this season and much like Thomas lives on tough shots. You simply don't find a 6'5 athlete like him with the skill set he possesses. Not to mention, he's from Brooklynn NY!
The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/24/2021  10:00 PM
Bouknight was not physically right for many games. Also he can shoot. Don’t let stars fool u on him. He’s not going to be shaded by three players every game in the nba. He’ll go back to what he was his first year. High flying three level
Scorer who plays D
RIP Crushalot😞
TPercy

3/25/2021  10:47 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Bouknight was not physically right for many games. Also he can shoot. Don’t let stars fool u on him. He’s not going to be shaded by three players every game in the nba. He’ll go back to what he was his first year. High flying three level
Scorer who plays D

Agreed. He came back early from an elbow injury and put his team in the tournament. Hes got a certain grit to him that Thibs would love.

The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/25/2021  12:09 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/25/2021  12:09 PM
martin
USA
3/27/2021  1:33 PM
TPercy

3/28/2021  11:55 AM
Anyone watch Baylor game? Missed it but JButlers stats didn’t look too impressive. FSU Mich at 5 on CBS...the Wagner v Barnes matchup is one to look out for.
The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
3/29/2021  1:56 PM
BigDaddyG

3/29/2021  2:09 PM
martin wrote:

19 and 20= No Cade.A bittersweet graphic.
BillTheButcher
Member: #6326

3/30/2021  3:51 PM
We have had a way better season than most thought , might be in the POs so our pick will obviously not be as high as we thought. We need a PG badly Peyton is not it and hopefully is gone after this year , I love what Rose brings he is older though .I would love Lonzo but if not how about Ayo Dosunmu out of Illinois will he still be on the board by the time we pick ?
[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/shemmue0311/member15202.png[/IMG]
2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy