BRIGGS wrote:Our picks so far look like 17-23 area

My picks if things good to course would be out of a pacakage of
ayo Dosumno
Cameron thomas
Jalen Johnson
Charles bassey

I’m ultra high on ayo. I think he can replace Derek Rose in two years

Pick 33 I like kellen Grady pg

I like Ayo and Jalen could be a steal if Thibs gets him to work. He has the tools to be a better than avg SF but personality/handlers red flags

Jalen Johnson is a top 5 talent, easy. Does everything very well, except shoot. I would be shocked if he's there when we pick unless we find ourselves in the lottery.

Feel like he is top 10 easy, top 5 would not be a lock

Cade, Suggs, Mobly, Green, Kuminga, Bouknight? Who you bumping?

He's definitely not going to be a top 5 pick and I'm not sure I would pick him top 5, but he has that talent and potential to be 1 of the top five players from this draft years from now. Not saying he will be, but the potential is there. He's an elite athlete who can rebound and lead the break on his own, very good rebounder and is an exceptional passer for his size....Lack of a consistent jumper will keep him from reaching his full potential

Who do you like better, Barnes or Jalen? Both are kinda similar, though Jalen flashed a better J earlier in the season. I think Barnes is the better passer/ defender.

Not a bad comparison...I like Jalen's athleticism, strength and shooting a little more, although neither one of them are very good shooters at this point. Barnes is an elite defender, no doubt and I will give him the nod as a passer but Jalen is pretty good too.

A couple of things will hurt Jalen during the draft. Coach K is a legend, but he's done a terrible job this year, not only managing Jalen but managing the talent on that team. After Jalen returned from injury, he was benched and just he wasn't the same player. He seemed unsure of himself and struggled to find a role. A part of it was his own fault as it seemed as if he was trying to live up to his early billing.

Jalen strikes me as the type of player who will look better playing in the NBA if he is surrounded by floor spacers.

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/8/2021  8:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2021  8:31 AM
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:

ayo Dosumno
Cameron thomas
Jalen Johnson
Charles bassey

I like Ayo and Jalen could be a steal if Thibs gets him to work. He has the tools to be a better than avg SF but personality/handlers red flags

Jalen Johnson is a top 5 talent, easy. Does everything very well, except shoot. I would be shocked if he's there when we pick unless we find ourselves in the lottery.

He's definitely not going to be a top 5 pick and I'm not sure I would pick him top 5, but he has that talent and potential to be 1 of the top five players from this draft years from now. Not saying he will be, but the potential is there. He's an elite athlete who can rebound and lead the break on his own, very good rebounder and is an exceptional passer for his size....Lack of a consistent jumper will keep him from reaching his full potential

Who do you like better, Barnes or Jalen? Both are kinda similar, though Jalen flashed a better J earlier in the season. I think Barnes is the better passer/ defender.

Jalen Johnson might fall all the way to the 20’s cause he’s been erratic so far career wise.

If he falls to the 20s and is available when we pick, consider it a blessing. He's more skilled than Obi, IMO...

wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

3/9/2021  8:23 AM
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:

ayo Dosumno
Cameron thomas
Jalen Johnson
Charles bassey

Jalen Johnson might fall all the way to the 20’s cause he’s been erratic so far career wise.

Ig he falls to the 20s and is available when we pick, consider it a blessing. He's more skilled than Obi, IMO...

Obi just looks so raw like Knox out there.... I hope he figures it out

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Uptown

3/9/2021  8:36 AM
wargames wrote:
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:

ayo Dosumno
Cameron thomas
Jalen Johnson
Charles bassey

Ig he falls to the 20s and is available when we pick, consider it a blessing. He's more skilled than Obi, IMO...

Obi just looks so raw like Knox out there.... I hope he figures it out

This will be a big off season for Obi. Lots of areas he needs to improve on with getting stronger (especially his lower-base) and ball-handling at the top of the list...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/9/2021  11:25 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/9/2021  11:25 AM
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/9/2021  3:19 PM
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:

ayo Dosumno
Cameron thomas
Jalen Johnson
Charles bassey

If he falls to the 20s and is available when we pick, consider it a blessing. He's more skilled than Obi, IMO...

Really? I don’t find Jalen Johnson that skilled. His passing ability makes him stand out a bit but I find his half court offense quite limited. His defensive upside is certainly higher than Obi though.

The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
3/10/2021  10:49 AM
martin
USA
3/10/2021  10:50 AM
martin
USA
3/10/2021  12:37 PM
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/10/2021  4:27 PM
martin wrote:

Cade - Lebron
Green - Melo
Mobley - Bosh
Suggs - Wade
Kuminga - Josh Howard lol(best available I could find)

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/10/2021  4:37 PM
How would you rank the top 5 players in terms of best fit for the Knicks?
martin
USA
3/10/2021  4:41 PM
smackeddog wrote:How would you rank the top 5 players in terms of best fit for the Knicks?

Knicks need wings/slashers and PG.

For me: Cade, Suggs, Green would be tops

wargames
Member: #6053

3/10/2021  5:22 PM
martin wrote:

I mean somebody tape this to Thibs head and tell him to calm down!

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/10/2021  5:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/10/2021  5:27 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:How would you rank the top 5 players in terms of best fit for the Knicks?

Knicks need wings/slashers and PG.

For me: Cade, Suggs, Green would be tops

Cade, Green, Suggs, Kuminga, Mobley.

I only go Green over Suggs because he seems like he has a little more star power and dynamic athleticism/scoring ability.

Green could really be a Beal/Harden type offensive player at his peak. Suggs seems more like a Jrue Holiday-jack of all trades type.

Uptown

3/10/2021  11:08 PM
martin wrote:

At this point, we most likely wont have a shot at any of them

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/11/2021  8:39 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/overtime-set-to-launch-professional-high-school-basketball-league-that-pays-players-100k/

Players in US will be able to turn pro at 16. Then with the NBA looking to eliminate their age restrictions. Players will be able to go to the draft or G-league.

Interesting. Putting a lot of heat on College b-ball from both sides as they could get squeezed out. College ball will become more about senior teams and actual student athletes than the NBA farm system.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/11/2021  9:20 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/overtime-set-to-launch-professional-high-school-basketball-league-that-pays-players-100k/

Players in US will be able to turn pro at 16. Then with the NBA looking to eliminate their age restrictions. Players will be able to go to the draft or G-league.

Interesting. Putting a lot of heat on College b-ball from both sides as they could get squeezed out. College ball will become more about senior teams and actual student athletes than the NBA farm system.

$100k huh. That's more than the minimum G-League salary. It's just 30 players ( some conceivably starting as early as their sophomore years. We've seen enough players ranked outside of the top 30 ascend (Ja Morant immediately comes to mind) to the top of the draft. But add this to the G-League Ignite team, their will definitely be talent drain. This might also be more of a disincentive for foreign players from playing in the NCAA. College coaches like Calipari and Coach K won't be able to rest on their benches anymore. They'll need to tighten their scouting and recruiting efforts.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
3/11/2021  10:27 AM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/11/2021  12:47 PM
Taking players and turning them pro before age 18? Thought kids can’t enter into a legal agreement until age 18? So parents are now going to sign off their kids and be guardian of their finances? Hockey does this but the kids still finish high school.

On the other side of this is Duke, who shut down its women’s program had a positive Covid result and now just walked away from ACC tournament in Greensboro. They were set to play Florida state. I know, as a bubble team they likely were not going to make it and Coach K if you don’t like him think he is a “sore loser”. Like the all time winningest coach in the history of the game needs to prove something? In an era where colleges and its AD’s are looking the other way to chase the almighty dollar I applaud what they have done.

2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy