[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/20/2021  2:26 AM

Worth the watch. Ignore the missed 3s, rare off day for him but this guy has the IQ to thrive in NBA. I don’t think he’ll ever be a star player but I really do think he could be an instant upgrade of Bullock.

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/22/2021  11:43 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

There's clearly a huge dip after the top 5, but i'm sure a couple others will emerge. With our 2 picks settling somewhere in the middle of the first round (anywhere from 10-20) i'm really looking at Kispert, BJ Boston, and Davion Mitchell right now. To me Kispert is a safe sniper at the next level who isn't a defensively liability, so he offers more upside than Joe Harris or Duncan Robinson. Similar to the impact Desmond Bane is making in the league right now, and i think Kispert is better. Boston is another underperforming (and becoming undervalued) kentucky guy. I can just picture Coach Cal talking him up to the Knicks front office as a guy who grew as a player throughout the year and should be closer to the original top 5 guy he was projected. Just a clear value pick if he lands in the 15-20 range. And Mitchell just seems like a Thibs guy. He's a very tough defender who can shoot, pass and play in a multi-guard lineup. His lack of upside will keep him in the second half of the first round, but at some point getting a player like him who is a safe, 2-way rotation guy is great value.

I want to believe in Daishen Nix. His vision is really impressive and he would blend in well with IQ. But he's looking like a Pillsbury Doughboy stand-in right now. I like Kispert if we're picking in the mid to late first round. Not sure if there's a starting role for him next to RJ, but he can shoot.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I've seen BJ play live as a sophomore and junior. I wasn't very impressed in terms of where he was ranked at the time. I didn't see lottery talent a all. He does a little bit of everything at a decent level but didn't see a particular elite skill. He's not very athletic or explosive, slightly above average handle and average shooter. He also tends to disappear for long stretches of a game. I think he has first round talent but I would stay away from him.

Uptown

2/22/2021  11:44 AM
BRIGGS wrote:After last night I’m convinced even Mobley should go number 1. He’s the best two way player nba ready with tremendous upside as well.

Mobley and Cade are 1 and 2 for sure....

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/22/2021  11:59 AM
Uptown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:After last night I’m convinced even Mobley should go number 1. He’s the best two way player nba ready with tremendous upside as well.

I will add that Green might be catapulting himself to three. I think he's overtaken Kuminga so far. Also, shout-out to Nix. I think he's cementing his place in the first-round.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

2/22/2021  12:01 PM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

There's clearly a huge dip after the top 5, but i'm sure a couple others will emerge. With our 2 picks settling somewhere in the middle of the first round (anywhere from 10-20) i'm really looking at Kispert, BJ Boston, and Davion Mitchell right now. To me Kispert is a safe sniper at the next level who isn't a defensively liability, so he offers more upside than Joe Harris or Duncan Robinson. Similar to the impact Desmond Bane is making in the league right now, and i think Kispert is better. Boston is another underperforming (and becoming undervalued) kentucky guy. I can just picture Coach Cal talking him up to the Knicks front office as a guy who grew as a player throughout the year and should be closer to the original top 5 guy he was projected. Just a clear value pick if he lands in the 15-20 range. And Mitchell just seems like a Thibs guy. He's a very tough defender who can shoot, pass and play in a multi-guard lineup. His lack of upside will keep him in the second half of the first round, but at some point getting a player like him who is a safe, 2-way rotation guy is great value.

I want to believe in Daishen Nix. His vision is really impressive and he would blend in well with IQ. But he's looking like a Pillsbury Doughboy stand-in right now. I like Kispert if we're picking in the mid to late first round. Not sure if there's a starting role for him next to RJ, but he can shoot.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I've seen BJ play live as a sophomore and junior. I wasn't very impressed in terms of where he was ranked at the time. I didn't see lottery talent a all. He does a little bit of everything at a decent level but didn't see a particular elite skill. He's not very athletic or explosive, slightly above average handle and average shooter. He also tends to disappear for long stretches of a game. I think he has first round talent but I would stay away from him.

Yeah, Boston seems to move spastically at the college level. I'm sure the strength issue is playing a part.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown

2/22/2021  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2021  12:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I will add that Green might be catapulting himself to three. I think he's overtaken Kuminga so far. Also, shout-out to Nix. I think he's cementing his place in the first-round.

Can't lie, I'm torn on our season thus far. Happy we are winning, but we need an serious injection of talent on this roster. This is the best draft in years, especially in the top 5. Somehow, someway, I hope we find ourselves in the top 5 or at the very least, top 8.

Oh...and I think Green will be a consistent 20 ppg scorer for the majority of his NBA career.

BigDaddyG

2/22/2021  8:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2021  8:20 PM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Can't lie, I'm torn on our season thus far. Happy we are winning, but we need an serious injection of talent on this roster. This is the best draft in years, especially in the top 5. Somehow, someway, I hope we find ourselves in the top 5 or at the very least, top 8.

Oh...and I think Green will be a consistent 20 ppg scorer for the majority of his NBA career.

Yeah, Green seems to be picking it up as each game goes along. Must be disheartening to be an adult and having this prepubescent f***ker embarrass you in front of NBA scouts hahahaha Well, he'll make some NBA franchise happy...it won't be the Knicks, but I wish him well anyway 😭
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2021  8:19 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah, Boston seems to move spastically at the college level. I'm sure the strength issue is playing a part.

He's only 6'7 and doesn't seem particular athletic or skilled for someone who came into college projected top 3. I wonder if that projection was more of a herd mentality. I can't imagine scouts watching him and each one thinking this guy is a standout NBA prospect. I just don't see one particular thing that stands out about it. But in a league where 2-way wings are at a premium, he's at least worth a later first round pick. I've seen Jeremy Lamb comparison thrown out on the low end, but that feels like a good projection for him these days.

Knixkik
USA
2/23/2021  8:21 AM
TPercy wrote:

Worth the watch. Ignore the missed 3s, rare off day for him but this guy has the IQ to thrive in NBA. I don’t think he’ll ever be a star player but I really do think he could be an instant upgrade of Bullock.

To me he's a better defensive version of Joe Harris and that is a major impact player in the NBA. Not a star but a high level starter and role player. If he's there for us he would be a great pick.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/23/2021  6:02 PM
Good signs for Iggy being able to at least get look at next level. Pretty consistently putting numbers up

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/26/2021  1:19 PM
TPercy

2/26/2021  5:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:

To me he's a better defensive version of Joe Harris and that is a major impact player in the NBA. Not a star but a high level starter and role player. If he's there for us he would be a great pick.

More Kispert Propaganda.

The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
2/27/2021  2:30 PM

Uptown

2/27/2021  6:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2021  6:51 PM
Cade drops 40!!! Legit franchise player...He would look great in the blue n orange 😢

TPercy

2/27/2021  9:16 PM
Great day for prospects it seems:
Cade dropped 40
Jaden Springer had 21 and 6
Moody had 18
Bouknight had 24
Franz Wagner had 21
The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
USA
2/28/2021  9:38 AM
TPercy wrote:Great day for prospects it seems:
Cade dropped 40
Moody had 18
Bouknight had 24
Franz Wagner had 21

Wagner seems like a guy I can see the Knicks drafting in the mid 1st. He’s no doubt a winner and plays hard-nosed basketball on both ends. He’s a Thibs type if I have ever seen one.

TPercy

2/28/2021  11:16 AM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:Great day for prospects it seems:
Cade dropped 40
Moody had 18
Bouknight had 24
Franz Wagner had 21

Wagner seems like a guy I can see the Knicks drafting in the mid 1st. He’s no doubt a winner and plays hard-nosed basketball on both ends. He’s a Thibs type if I have ever seen one.

Yeah should our pick fall mid late 1st I’ll take him. His 3 ball has finally moved to a respected up % and he starting to really take over games for one of the best teams in the country while being the age of most freshman. His lack of athleticism isn’t great but I could see him being a much better version of Bullock.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

2/28/2021  11:20 AM

James Bouknight is a walking bucket. And unfortunately for us it seems like draft boards are starting to catch on. I saw him go as high as #6 . Honestly I’d take him #1 overall in last years draft without hesitation. The only thing keeping him from entering the top 5 conversation is creating for others, which I think he is very capable of. Once tourney hits and he starts dropping 4+ AST any hope of getting him will be gone :(

The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG

2/28/2021  11:22 AM
martin wrote:

He reminds me of Zach Lavine athletically. His jumper and IQ have been the biggest revelations though. He's beginning to make reads on offense and defense at a professional pace. I'm will say that I might take him over Mobley. I'm not sure people appreciate what he's doing against former NBA players.

BigDaddyG

2/28/2021  11:24 AM
Uptown wrote:Cade drops 40!!! Legit franchise player...He would look great in the blue n orange 😢

Yeah...he would

2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy